PDA

View Full Version : Since there has been some talk of rude not rude

Stupid Fast
04-29-2004, 04:44 AM
What do you guys and gals think about this:
You have a party/ cookout. You buy all the food...and host a swinging party....Some people bring their own beer and liqour others do not so you buy a few bottles of liquour and a couple cases of beer.....For those that bring their own beer.....is it rude to take home what they did not drink....like 3 bottles...?
I always leave my beer.....# 1 for those that did not show up with beer #2 HTe host has put out for the good time, it is almosty like a tip to leave him beer. If he does not drink my brand then I still usually leave it so that the next time I stop by I have my own brand there.....
What do You all think?
EMC

Kachina26
04-29-2004, 04:50 AM
First, please clarify what you mean by a "swinging" party.

Stupid Fast
04-29-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
First, please clarify what you mean by a "swinging" party.
If you have to ask then you are not old enough to know....
No, just one that by 11 at least one girl has taken her top off....

Kachina26
04-29-2004, 05:17 AM
Well, when I was a drinker, I always left my beer. But if women are removing tops at 11, there should be no beer left.

Jordy
04-29-2004, 05:19 AM
That's really cheap. I never leave anywhere I go, be it the river, or a party, with the beer I brought. It's easier to just leave it, kind of in appreciation for the invite or the room and board, and pick up more later. Besides, what are you going to do with 3 beers anyway?

Ntwotrance
04-29-2004, 05:24 AM
it is considered rude to take your beer with you when you leave...

BarryMac
04-29-2004, 05:26 AM
Leave it as a sign of appreciation to the host and/or hostess.

framer1
04-29-2004, 05:27 AM
I would consider that pretty cheap.

Stupid Fast
04-29-2004, 05:28 AM
That is my thoughts........I thought I was being petty....Hell I always even bring more beer than I know that I will drink for those rude enough not to show with any......
That is another pet peave of mine......It does not apply to girls but I hate when a guy shows up with nothing......

hot_diggity_dog
04-29-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Stupid Fast
What do you guys and gals think about this:
You have a party/ cookout. You buy all the food...and host a swinging party....Some people bring their own beer and liqour others do not so you buy a few bottles of liquour and a couple cases of beer.....For those that bring their own beer.....is it rude to take home what they did not drink....like 3 bottles...?
I always leave my beer.....# 1 for those that did not show up with beer #2 HTe host has put out for the good time, it is almosty like a tip to leave him beer. If he does not drink my brand then I still usually leave it so that the next time I stop by I have my own brand there.....
What do You all think?
EMC
You should alway's bring enough for yourself to drink and give the Host the rest to replenish his stock.
The host alway's gives out more than they receive.
Hot (That's just RUDE) Diggity Dog:cool:

ahhell
04-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Hell, were usually passing the hat....
but if there is left over, it stays...1 bottle or 1 case
then you come over the next day and help finish:) :) :)

sidewound
04-29-2004, 05:57 AM
Being the one who hosts almost ALL parties amoung our friends it is rude shit to scavenge the rest of your beer.
We always provide food, party favors as well as some drinking stock. Many times my buddy and I provide live music along with fireworks whatever. People like that don't get invited back.
CESAR----------> Gee man we forgot all about you for this party!
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 06:45 AM
bring more than you need and include the brand the host likes. and wine (or whatever ) the hostess likes.
we have a pretty close group that we party with alot and we are all in the habit of bringing our own coolers. but for a party that is more "public", refer to the above:cool:

THOR
04-29-2004, 06:54 AM
If I plan to have 6 beers, I bring a 12 pack. If my crew plans on having a 12 pack, I bring a case. I leave all I bring and then some. It is common courtesy.

Danhercules
04-29-2004, 06:57 AM
WHAT??!?!?! You guys leave when there alcohol still left? :confused: :confused:
;) :p :D

Chase
04-29-2004, 06:58 AM
I always bring what I drink, and leave whatever I don't drink, since if the people where you are going are close friends they will bring what they drink and leave what they don't so it all equals out in the long run. We were at some friends the other night and i drank mega booze, and ran out of what I brought. The people hosting then took over to keep the booze flowing, which I appreciated greatly, since there was no way in hell I could make a booze cruise. The next day I went out and bought a full bottle of what I was drinking and delivered it to replenish thier supply...
DRINKING IS ALL ABOUT MANNERS!!!
I drink to be polite, cause my mom taught me good manners. :D :D

Scream
04-29-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by ahhell
Hell, were usually passing the hat....
but if there is left over, it stays...1 bottle or 1 case
then you come over the next day and help finish:) :) :)
Yea, like there'll be anything left. "7:00 am, time to check inventory"
:D :D :D :D
There have been many times that I have brought beer and left what I did not consume, but I have also brought cases of wine and "fine spirits" to liven a party and took it all back. That's my kit and represents a sizeable investment. I'll buy you all the beer you want, but gimme back my Stoli and Johnny Walker Black...

Stupid Fast
04-29-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Danhercules
WHAT??!?!?! You guys leave when there alcohol still left? :confused: :confused:
;) :p :D
That was my bitch......I ran out of beer by the end of the night and had seen people takeing the beer that they brought earlyer....I bought 3 cases of one brand and 1 of another.....I KNOW I did not drink ALL of that......Plus all the food.....It was only like 3 poeple out of about 35 (that I know of) but it pissed me off.....They are my wifes friends so she tried to defend them....I could give a rats ass if I ever saw them again(would not be the first of my wifes friends that I bared from my house).

Drunk tank
04-29-2004, 07:14 AM
I always leave the booze I took over there. Usually take whatever beer I wanna drink as well as a bottle of somethin wicked... a good rum always works.
Now if we're party hoppin... we usually just take in a few beers that we're gonna drink since we're only there for a short time... Once we reach our final destination... then we bring it all in and whats not drank, stays there (even though thats rare) and then finish off whats at my buddies place. But when my buddies come to my place they get full run of my booze stash as well.
But ya... I'd say its rude to role over to a friends party and then not leave what you took in.

NastyOne
04-29-2004, 07:33 AM
I usually take my beer home with me and leave the girl... or girls I brought with me. Its just common courtesy. ;)

RUNFAST
04-29-2004, 07:52 AM
It's pretty CHEESY to take home what's left of what you brought to the party. Leave it for the hosts or the other guests to enjoy.
MY.02

welk2party
04-29-2004, 08:05 AM
If it comes in it stays in. I have brought over full bottles of booze and they were never opened. But the host has never given me shit for drinking his booze when I was over for a visit

little rowe boat
04-29-2004, 08:13 AM
Leave it at the party.

Dave C
04-29-2004, 08:14 AM
I don't understand the question.... there was alcohol left after the party???....... no comprendo....:confused:
I would consider it rude if they didn't drink all the alcohol in the house. (and it took until 11 for the girl's top to come off)
:D

hboldno7
04-29-2004, 08:15 AM
I Never leave the Beer I came with. Thats only because I usually Drink it all !!

HCS
04-29-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by hboldno7
I Never leave the Beer I came with. Thats only because I usually Drink it all !!
I'm with you. There shouldn't be beer left. Drink it all!

RiverToysJas
04-29-2004, 08:18 AM
It a bit rude. Unless the dude leaving with the extra beers, is also leaving with a chick he met at the party, and they need those beers for the "after-party ;) " ......then it's cool!!! :D
OR if what they brought is something they know the host and his family won't drink or like anyway. They I don't mind if they take it back with them.
RTJas :D

CrazyHippy
04-29-2004, 08:34 AM
What if they are carying thier cooler across teh bow of the boat??
BJH:D
PS. Beer stays at the party

superdave013
04-29-2004, 08:39 AM
all i can say is that it shows poor taste and a lack of class.
And I have a sister inlaw that has no taste or class :yuk:

RiverToysJas
04-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
.....And I have a sister inlaw that has no taste or class :yuk:
Perhaps RD would be interested in that "project"! ;)
RTJas :D

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Long story short... I'd be more apt to have words with someone over that then walking across the bow of a boat.
:eek: :D :D :D :D :D

Stupid Fast
04-29-2004, 09:36 AM
You know I would not have been so pissed if we would not have run out of beer (we still had liqour so the party went on). When I saw one of them leave he took a whole case of my brand.....I did not see what he brought......
I felt like a bad host for not haveing enough at the time....
You know I have been pissed about this since Sunday.....

Ziggy
04-29-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
has no taste or class :yuk:
I thought you were talking about the Budwiser there for a second:D
Classless is watching the girlfriend/wife digging around through the icechest to pick out their few leftovers, then shaking her frozen hand flicking icey cold water on the peeps around her....and having the huevo's to ask for a bag to carry it out with.:yuk: :rolleyes:

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 01:56 PM
not I.:eek!:

Boozer
04-29-2004, 02:08 PM
I got tired of hosting parties and having cheap skates show up. They'd come over with a 6 pack and drink a 12 pack. Pissed me off. So now when I host parties I provide 1 to 2 kegs depending on how big its going to be. You want beer you pay $5 you dont pay $5 and you dont drink shit and if I catch you drinking and you didnt pay your ass is getting the boot. This is however only in the instances that I host party with 75+ people.
When its close friends coming over for small part 15-25 people I usually buy a shit load of booze and they all buy a shit load of booze. Everytime this has happened my fridge was still stocked with a good amount of booze the next day.

DeltaSigBoater
04-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Pisses me off when people show up to a party and expect to be served beer & liquor.

Dawn Patrol
04-29-2004, 02:36 PM
What booze you take to the Party, Stays at the Party.
Always, I mean ALWAYS bring the Host His or Her favorite.

Gman
04-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey RD what if the beer you bring is Guinness?:D

repo man
04-29-2004, 02:53 PM
of course you leave the beer, if you can't aford more you shouldn't drink

MudPumper
04-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Stupid Fast
If you have to ask then you are not old enough to know....
No, just one that by 11 at least one girl has taken her top off....
The question I have is, what fag is leaving a party where chicks are taking their tops off?????????:D :D And their is alcohol left to consume, What the ****? What you need to do is this. Explain to the person that if their are girls taking their tops off, then it would be more productive to stay at the party with the alcohol and use said alcohol to further encourage the girls to take off more than their tops. Because afterall, we all know every girl is one drink away from doing some kinky shit!!!!!! LMAO:D :D

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
Because afterall, we all know every girl is one drink away from doing some kinky shit!!!!!! LMAO:D :D
Yyou always say that!:D ;)

Gman
04-29-2004, 03:38 PM
If it wasn't winter when it happened I would of been back out the next weekend drinking it all up. Now I know always bring Guinness to RD's. :D That way I will never go beer thirsty! You know you loved the Irish car bomb Dave!!!:yuk:

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 03:43 PM
well, if i ever go to RD's, i just might bring some harp or bass and fix myself a black and tan.

MudPumper
04-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by 91nordic29
well, if i ever go to RD's, i just might bring some harp or bass and fix myself a black and tan.
Yep, and I'll be right there to give you that "One Drink"!!:D :D

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Yep, and I'll be right there to give you that "One Drink"!!:D :D
:confused: :confused:

Gman
04-29-2004, 03:49 PM
91nordic29 well, if i ever go to RD's, i just might bring some harp or bass and fix myself a black and tan.
You can drink all my Guinness any time you would like :D

MudPumper
04-29-2004, 03:51 PM
:confused: :confused:
Oh come on now I was just playin;) It was in reference to the One drink away from kinky shit coment above:)

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 03:51 PM
well, thanks, hon. maybe we can both have one someday.;)

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Oh come on now I was just playin;) It was in reference to the One drink away from kinky shit coment above:)
DOH!!! duh, now i get it. its late, time to leave work. going to go home and count how mny glasses of wine before i have funny thoughts. thank god i gave up the champagne!

Gman
04-29-2004, 03:54 PM
well, thanks, hon. maybe we can both have one someday.;)
Maybe we already have.:wink: If I remember right don't you always keep your hat on?:D

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 03:57 PM
when i am in the mood. i wish i could find that avatar again.

91nordic29
04-29-2004, 04:01 PM
actually, i have been thinking of you lately.;) i have a question for ya. i will have to ask tomorrow because i am going to scat. evening everyone!

MudPumper
04-29-2004, 04:02 PM
I don't know that anybody is going to fess up after all the bashing we just did on them, RD!!;)

Kilrtoy
04-29-2004, 04:18 PM
If that upsets you, I would hate to see what happens when something really happens,
Damn a mother F%$#@ can't have a beer or 3 for the road home.....

bordsmnj
04-29-2004, 07:09 PM
seems i always go to parties that i end up going to get MORE beer,smokes and sodas. i have tecates in my frig from last summer that i bought for some freinds and it turns out they are the only poeple on the planet that drink them. also seems and can never remember who like's bud light and who likes coors light.i'm noit sure cuase i really never worry about weather or not i brought beer back home but i doubt it sein's how i don't touch the stuff. the wife does though. now if the guy leaving is with the chick that taking the top off i think that's ok. also if there are limited chicks taking there top s off and too many guys whats wrong with them leaving with a couple beers for not being cock blockers?:eek: :p
<---trying to stir stuff:D

fourspeednup
04-29-2004, 07:26 PM
I'd never show up empty handed, even if someone says it's taken care of....much less take the remains home at the end of the night!
That's a great way to get your ass excluded from future parties and I don't want to be known as someone who's stingy about their booze. Let it flow freely and have a good time!:cool:

DeltaSigBoater
04-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Anyone ever show up to a party w/ a good bottle(s) of Liquor filled with shit alcohol?

fourspeednup
04-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by DeltaSigBoater
Anyone ever show up to a party w/ a good bottle(s) of Liquor filled with shit alcohol?
Hehehehe, ya them bitches think they be drinkin hennesy:D

DeltaSigBoater
04-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Hehehehe, ya them bitches think they be drinkin hennesy:D
Been doin' that shit since I was 15!

Ziggy
04-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by DeltaSigBoater
Now everyone will be inviting you:rolleyes:
the rule is simple, you bring it and it stays.
Thats kinda like inviting friends to river and some boating never seeing a penny in gratuity for gas.