PDA

View Full Version : WHo has a Blackberry ?

carbonmarine
04-29-2004, 09:25 AM
I LOVE MINE !
You can take you office boat'in !!!
Rick32:cool:

Boozer
04-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
I LOVE MINE !
You can take you office boat'in !!!
Rick32:cool:
I have one and swear by it.
If anyone is thinking about getting one let me know and I'll get you the hook up. :)

Boozer
04-29-2004, 01:44 PM
http://www.t-mobile.com/images/products/194627/Large_front.jpg

Rubths
04-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
I have one and swear by it.
If anyone is thinking about getting one let me know and I'll get you the hook up. :)
Boozer how much? I was thinking about one so I could stay at the river longer:D

Boozer
04-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Blackberry pricing is as follows.
Blackberry 6230 :Monochrome screen $299.99
Blackberry 7230: Full color screen $399.99
Service pricing
Combined with a voiceplan $29.99
W/O a voice plan $39.99
I have the 6230 because the flashy color stuff just wasnt worth the extra $100 in my opinion. I have my blackberry data plan and voice plan together and use it both as a phone and a data device. It works AWESOME as a phone. In fact I personally feel that it is the best phone we carry.
When you subscribe to the blackberry data service your office and home desktop can be connected directly to the blackberry is synchronizes everything. When you schedule reminders in outlook the pop up on your blackberry and when an email hits your desktop it hits your Blackberry. Before I got my Blackberry I thought it was a waste of cash and now that I have it I won't go without one ever again.
End of the month is hear so it's crunch time. I can knock $75 off of either of the blackberries today and tomorrow. Also wave the activation fees for you.
Danny
303 875 0565

Boozer
04-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Order 2 or more and I'll knock off $100.

Rubths
04-29-2004, 02:03 PM
So we are talking $225 with no activation fees? I use AT&T for my cell service, Does it work with that?

Boozer
04-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Rubths
So we are talking $225 with no activation fees? I use AT&T for my cell service, Does it work with that?
If you kept your cell with AT&T the blackberry would be a stand alone device. $225 with no activation fees is correct.
You should consider dumping the AT&T though. I'll prolly save you some cash over them.

Rubths
04-29-2004, 02:16 PM
If you kept your cell with AT&T the blackberry would be a stand alone device. $225 with no activation fees is correct.
You should consider dumping the AT&T though. I'll prolly save you some cash over them.
The only reason I have kept AT&T is becuase I get cell service anywhere. Very important that I have cell service a ALL TIMES with my business and from what I have seen with friends with other services they dont have reception when I do.
Right now I pay $150 for 1200 or 1500 anytime anywhere minutes.

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Boss has one and told me he is getting me one........
I said NO THANKS..........
As many emails as I get the GD thing will never stop buzzing.....:p

Boozer
04-29-2004, 02:18 PM
The only reason I have kept AT&T is becuase I get cell service anywhere. Very important that I have cell service a ALL TIMES with my business and from what I have seen with friends with other services they dont have reception when I do.
Right now I pay $150 for 1200 or 1500 anytime anywhere minutes.
Holy $hit!
1500 anytime minutes = 79.99
Most expensive plan I have is 129.99 and thats got 5,000 anytime minutes. Where do you go that your friends dont get service but you do?

Rubths
04-29-2004, 02:21 PM
The river, the desert, drive across the desert. Lets put it this way, I have to go to Moab UT in a month on business and its way the **** in the middle of knowere and I know my cell will have coverage there. Can you garauntee me I will have coverage everywhere with your service???? and who is your carrier?

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Holy $hit!
1500 anytime minutes = 79.99
Most expensive plan I have is 129.99 and thats got 5,000 anytime minutes. Where do you go that your friends dont get service but you do?
I have AT&T Unlimited anytime minutes for $99/mo.

Boozer
04-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I have AT&T Unlimited anytime minutes for $99/mo.
They only offered that plan for a very limited time.

Boozer
04-29-2004, 02:24 PM
The river, the desert, drive across the desert. Lets put it this way, I have to go to Moab UT in a month on business and its way the **** in the middle of knowere and I know my cell will have coverage there. Can you garauntee me I will have coverage everywhere with your service???? and who is your carrier?
I can check. It's through T-Mobile.
A lot of the areas AT&T has coverage I now cover due to a partnership we formed with AT&T a few months ago.

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 02:25 PM
They only offered that plan for a very limited time.
And I snagged it......

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 02:26 PM
I can check. It's through T-Mobile.
A lot of the areas AT&T has coverage I now cover due to a partnership we formed with AT&T a few months ago.
By the way, T-Mobile is a Re-Seller in Southern California...:(

Boozer
04-29-2004, 02:27 PM
And I snagged it......
Smart move. That plan is also nationwide so no roaming. Noone can come close to touching it. If AT&T still offered that plan I would recommend it to anyone who uses a lot of minutes and needs nationwide coverage.

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Smart move. That plan is also nationwide so no roaming. Noone can come close to touching it. If AT&T still offered that plan I would recommend it to anyone who uses a lot of minutes and needs nationwide coverage.
It's good for another few months until Cingular swallows AT&T...

Boozer
04-29-2004, 02:29 PM
By the way, T-Mobile is a Re-Seller in Southern California...:(
Sort of. We lease tower rights from Cingular. However, we are dropping 2 billion dollars over the next few months to build our own network there.
Cingular uses our network everywhere in the country but Cali and we use theres in Cali.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Sort of. We lease tower rights from Cingular. However, we are dropping 2 billion dollars over the next few months to build our own network there.
Cingular uses our network everywhere in the country but Cali and we use theres in Cali.
Either my Cingular service sucks balls or my Siemens phone with Cingular service sucks balls! Either way I can't stand my Siemens phone, POS! :mad:

Boozer
04-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Either my Cingular service sucks balls or my Siemens phone with Cingular service sucks balls! Either way I can't stand my Siemens phone, POS! :mad:
Siemens phones suck.
BTW i have coverage in moab.

Boozer
04-29-2004, 02:40 PM
http://www.t-mobile.com/images/maps/national_us/national_us_lg

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Well sort of.......
They are negotiating to buy off Cingular or AT&T System Assets depending on the location and which current system is advantageous to them. As for tower rights, My understanding is that they have an "airtime swap" that they call i"nfrastructure sharing". They provide Cingular the same in markets where Cingular was in a similar circumstance. Regardless, they are lined up at Cingular to catch what licenses they can from the AT&T/Cingular deal.

Boozer
04-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Well sort of.......
They are negotiating to buy off Cingular or AT&T System Assets depending on the location and which current system is advantageous to them. As for tower rights, My understanding is that they have an "airtime swap" that they call i"nfrastructure sharing". They provide Cingular the same in markets where Cingular was in a similar circumstance. Regardless, they are lined up at Cingular to catch what licenses they can from the AT&T/Cingular deal.
Whatever they are doing I know that they are dropping some big bucks. My boss told me today that a corporate training I was going to be attendimg in Miami was cancelled due to T-Mobile having to spend 1.8 billion to build out California. All company travel is on hold indefinitely because of it.

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Whatever they are doing I know that they are dropping some big bucks. My boss told me today that a corporate training I was going to be attendimg in Miami was cancelled due to T-Mobile having to spend 1.8 billion to build out California. All company travel is on hold indefinitely because of it.
Lets see, 1.8 billion for cali, a few more here and there and Cingular ends up only paying $20 Billion for AT&T Wireless...

Havasu_Dreamin
04-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Siemens phones suck.
Yeah, it's the S56 and I am not happy with it at all. What's a good phone to get?

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Yeah, it's the S56 and I am not happy with it at all. What's a good phone to get?
I unfortunately have that for a work phone too. The S56 is user unfriendly, crappy quality and the antenna protrusion wants to break off all the time. Other than that it is great.
:rolleyes:
My personal phone is a Nokia and I am very happy with it. I think it is the 6310i. But if you are with AT&T definitely get an 850 MHz/1900 Mhz GSM phone. The New 850 GSM system for AT&T rocks! Much better building penetration, service and handoffs improve dramatically.

Boozer
04-29-2004, 03:10 PM
I unfortunately have that for a work phone too. The S56 is user unfriendly, crappy quality and the antenna protrusion wants to break off all the time. Other than that it is great.
:rolleyes:
My personal phone is a Nokia and I am very happy with it. I think it is the 6310i. But if you are with AT&T definitely get an 850 MHz/1900 Mhz GSM phone. The New 850 GSM system for AT&T rocks! Much better building penetration, service and handoffs improve dramatically.
I have never been a fan of Nokia but everyone I sale Nokia to seems to love their phones. I guess it's just a matter of personal prefference and my prefference has always been Motorola. I am really hard on phones and have found Motorolas to take the most abuse.

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 03:16 PM
I have never been a fan of Nokia but everyone I sale Nokia to seems to love their phones. I guess it's just a matter of personal prefference and my prefference has always been Motorola. I am really hard on phones and have found Motorolas to take the most abuse.
In 1991 Motorola's CEO made the executive decision not to make digital cellular phones and it has taken them years to get back into the market.
I have had Star Tacs, and they were the biggest POS phones I have ever had. Now in the analog cellular world, I loved Motorola. I know they have new ones, but I have had Nokia for about 8 years off and on (in between the motorola) and they have held up far better. I have never had one break. Unlike the Star Tac....

RandyH
04-29-2004, 03:18 PM
What does Blackberry offer that 802 wireless doesnt offer?? Why not buy the Palm or Pocket PC set up for 802 and get your email for free in most areas. There seems to be a lot more WLAN infrastructure being built everyday.
RandyH

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by RandyH
What does Blackberry offer that 802 wireless doesnt offer?? Why not buy the Palm or Pocket PC set up for 802 and get your email for free in most areas. There seems to be a lot more WLAN infrastructure being built everyday.
RandyH
802.11 infrastructure is not at all ubiquitous. In fact is at the very best infrequent and spotty.
Second, it is not free most places... in fact a lot of these coffee house hot spots charge $10 a day for access or more.

Boozer
04-29-2004, 03:25 PM
RandyH
Aside from the fact that blackberry works on GPRS and gets signal anywhere a GPRS tower is present. In the case of Tmobile there is a GPRS signal anywhere and everywhere there is a GSM signal.
WiFi is a great solution for someone who spends 90% of their time hanging out in starbucks or at airports. I have wifi products but at this time they are not a practical business solution for the majority of the people I do business with.
The idea of having to go hang out at starbucks to check my email just isnt appealling to me. The idea of being able to check my email while Im sitting on my boat in the middle of a lake is appealing to me.

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 03:27 PM
The idea of having to go hang out at starbucks to check my email just isnt appealling to me. The idea of being able to check my email while Im sitting on my boat in the middle of a lake is appealing to me.
I'm with you on both counts there........
UMTS is coming........ Watch the data fly.........

RandyH
04-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks, We must be lucky here in the midwest. I have two of our guys using Pocket PCs and Laptops and they are getting their emails on the road. But like you said its spotty. Maybe someday this will be the standard.
RandyH

Boozer
04-29-2004, 03:28 PM
802.11 infrastructure is not at all ubiquitous. In fact is at the very best infrequent and spotty.
Second, it is not free most places... in fact a lot of these coffee house hot spots charge $10 a day for access or more.
I don't know what other companies charge for their access but you can get a T-Mobile Hot Spot account for $20 a month that allows unlimited access. I have only sold a few of these and it was because the business was directly on top of starbucks. They pay $20 per user which they have 5 of and are getting a T1 connection to their lap tops while in their office. $100 for a T1 to their 5 users is pretty cheap.

Boozer
04-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Thanks, We must be lucky here in the midwest. I have two of our guys using Pocket PCs and Laptops and they are getting their emails on the road. But like you said its spotty. Maybe someday this will be the standard.
RandyH
They are able to drive around and access 802 anywhere? I can do pocket pc's and treo's but it is not on 802. I didnt know that there was anywhere in the US that had enough 802 floating around that you could use a device on it while mobile.

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 03:32 PM
I don't know what other companies charge for their access but you can get a T-Mobile Hot Spot account for $20 a month that allows unlimited access. I have only sold a few of these and it was because the business was directly on top of starbucks. They pay $20 per user which they have 5 of and are getting a T1 connection to their lap tops while in their office. $100 for a T1 to their 5 users is pretty cheap.
Boozer, problem is there are 500 little entreprenurial companies that are doing the same thing. In Cerritos here there is a company that is installing 802.11 in buildings all over town and it is called the Cerritos Town Network. They want 5 bucks an hour or 15 bucks a day. Other than the T-Mobile hotspots in Starbucks and other places, there are literally hundreds of little startups all over the place. Some larger ones in Hotels and airports, but none are compatible and very few have roaming privileges on the other networks.

Boozer
04-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Boozer, problem is there are 500 little entreprenurial companies that are doing the same thing. In Cerritos here there is a company that is installing 802.11 in buildings all over town and it is called the Cerritos Town Network. They want 5 bucks an hour or 15 bucks a day. Other than the T-Mobile hotspots in Starbucks and other places, there are literally hundreds of little startups all over the place. Some larger ones in Hotels and airports, but none are compatible and very few have roaming privileges on the other networks.
Give it 3 years and out of those 500 you'll have 3 left. They'll be big corporations and offering a product that works everywhere. Probably a good business to start up but you better know something somebody doesnt or you going to have a good chance of NOT becoming one of the 3 survivors.

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Give it 3 years and out of those 500 you'll have 3 left. They'll be big corporations and offering a product that works everywhere. Probably a good business to start up but you better know something somebody doesnt or you going to have a good chance of NOT becoming one of the 3 survivors.
couldn't agree more. The service has to be truly ubiquitous for the companies and concept to survive.
Wireless has a way of consolidating and rewarding the weaker companies by paying overpriced values for their assets.....

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Oh yeah, and here at work, we call em Dingleberrys.....

Boozer
04-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Oh yeah, and here at work, we call em Dingleberrys.....
We call them Crackberrys. Never understood why until I got one.

Dr. Eagle
04-29-2004, 05:05 PM
We call them Crackberrys. Never understood why until I got one.
Crackleberrys cause they sound so crappy?

Boozer
04-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Just an FYI for those of you who may be considering a blackberry. My boss is riding my ass for not selling enough blackberries this month so today and today only I'll give you blackberries for $150.00 If you order 5 or more $125.00 and 10 or more $100.00. I can only run this through today.

Dr. Eagle
04-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Just an FYI for those of you who may be considering a blackberry. My boss is riding my ass for not selling enough blackberries this month so today and today only I'll give you blackberries for $150.00 If you order 5 or more $125.00 and 10 or more $100.00. I can only run this through today.
So why would I buy a Crackleberry, dingleberry for 150 bucks when you can't understand what the other person is saying on the phone part of it?

Boozer
04-30-2004, 10:30 AM
So why would I buy a Crackleberry, dingleberry for 150 bucks when you can't understand what the other person is saying on the phone part of it?
Why couldnt you? I use my blackberry as a phone and it is the best phone I have ever used. It has the best signal of any phone out there. In places that my little Samsung flip phone is only getting 2 bars of signal my blackberry will have 3 and in some cases even 4.

Dr. Eagle
04-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Why couldnt you? I use my blackberry as a phone and it is the best phone I have ever used. It has the best signal of any phone out there. In places that my little Samsung flip phone is only getting 2 bars of signal my blackberry will have 3 and in some cases even 4.
Well you do like motorola........ LOL
No background noise is picked up on the thing much moreso than on a "regular" cell phone. I can hardly hear my boss when in the airport or a public place......:(

Boozer
04-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Well you do like motorola........ LOL
No background noise is picked up on the thing much moreso than on a "regular" cell phone. I can hardly hear my boss when in the airport or a public place......:(
I havent had any problems with mine to that extent but I don't spend much time in airports so I really wouldnt know. People dont have trouble hearing me while I'm driving on the highway with it but they do have problems hearing me when I am using my Samsung E105 (POS)

Dr. Eagle
04-30-2004, 10:37 AM
I havent had any problems with mine to that extent but I don't spend much time in airports so I really wouldnt know. People dont have trouble hearing me while I'm driving on the highway with it but they do have problems hearing me when I am using my Samsung E105 (POS)
samsung + siemens = POS's