PDA

View Full Version : sea foam awsome stuff

mikev
04-30-2004, 08:35 AM
have any of you guys tried this in your boats I just ran a can through my chevy silverado and made a huge diffirence in how it runs. sucked it in through the pvc hose let it sit overnight. started it up and it smoked like crazy for the 1st couple of minutes but wow what a differnece it made in performace best 6 bucks I spent in a while. sea foam (http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUp.htm)

Dave C
04-30-2004, 08:38 AM
I use the gas tank additive to clean the injectors.

mikev
04-30-2004, 08:48 AM
its the same stuff you just suck it into the intake through a vacuem line and let it sit instead of dumping it in the tank.

Waldo
04-30-2004, 09:13 AM
How do you know if you have "sticky lifters"?
When I start my truck up in the morning (98 F-150 with on ly 65K miles) I hear "ticking" for a few moments and then it fads away.
Do you think this stuff would help or do I need a tune up?

PHX ATC
04-30-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Waldo
How do you know if you have "sticky lifters"?
When I start my truck up in the morning (98 F-150 with on ly 65K miles) I hear "ticking" for a few moments and then it fads away.
Do you think this stuff would help or do I need a tune up?
I don't know what engine you have, but hydraulic lifters will need to fill up with oil before they quit ticking like that. That is perfectly normal with hydraulic lifters.
What engine do you have?

Waldo
04-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Triton 4.6 V8

Freak
04-30-2004, 10:13 AM
I have the same motor - it has always ticked on start up.

PHX ATC
04-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Waldo
Triton 4.6 V8
You have hydraulic - roller finger lifters in the 4.6. They probably require a second or 2 to pump up with oil and the oil drains out of them when they sit still. Normal stuff unless it's clacking all over the place.

Waldo
04-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks

Dr. Eagle
04-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Bought some tonight at NAPA Auto Parts in Los Alamitos. Gonna give it a try in the morning......

Scream
04-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Bought some tonight at NAPA Auto Parts in Los Alamitos. Gonna give it a try in the morning......
You don't even live down here in the Southern Region and your venturing out and buyin snake oil for your car...You are either bored or very trusting. I think if I were in a strange town I certainly wouldn't venture out and get "auto parts" and such...lol

fourspeednup
04-30-2004, 09:53 PM
I've used run-rite with good results, but it would probably be cost prohibitive for only one-time use.
Don't breath the toxic cloud and be sure to back the car out of the garage.:yuk:

Phat Matt
05-01-2004, 02:30 AM
I have seen sea foam on the beach.

Dr. Eagle
05-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by mikev
its the same stuff you just suck it into the intake through a vacuem line and let it sit instead of dumping it in the tank.
I tried to find a vacuum hose on my 8.1 liter and ended up scratching my head. No more bendix brake booster on these new rigs, I didn't take off the plastic cover on the top of the engine, but I couldn't see a vacuum hose anywhere. I dumped the stuff in the intake at the throttle body, and ran the engine long enough to pull it in the motor. I let it set for an hour or so, but it didn't smoke or spit much at all. I guess it helped. I will have to see if I take the cover off the motor if there is a vacuum port somewhere on top of the engine.
I wanted to do it because I decided to change the spark plugs and the ones in the engine were fouled and carboned really bad at only 50K miles. I figured there may be a bunch of stuff built up on the valves as well.