PDA

View Full Version : How many of you remember this?

summerlove
05-03-2004, 09:14 AM
When I was a kid (I'm really aging myself), we'd go to Havasu and stay at the Rodeway Inn (now the Holiday Inn) for the weekend and I remember the bridge under construction and the road that went by the construction zone and onto the the then peninsula. It went adjacent to the bridge, about where the LBR is today...
Thought you "old timers" might enjoy the pic as well as those of you that have no idea that the bridge wasn't always there! ;)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/951bridge.jpg

WaTchTheGelCoat
05-03-2004, 09:21 AM
To my knowledge that is the only bridge ever sold, right?

Her454
05-03-2004, 09:34 AM
WOW, thats a cool picture. We used to go alot then too and I still have pics (trying to find them now) of the dedication in 70 or 71 I think? Anyway, they gave away these gold coins with the bridge on one side and the story on the other, pretty cool. Mine is still in the little plastic cover and good as new. :):)

welk2party
05-03-2004, 09:51 AM
My father in-law loves to tell me stories about the good ole' days in Havasu.

Sleek-Jet
05-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Her454
WOW, thats a cool picture. We used to go alot then too and I still have pics (trying to find them now) of the dedication in 70 or 71 I think? Anyway, they gave away these gold coins with the bridge on one side and the story on the other, pretty cool. Mine is still in the little plastic cover and good as new. :):)
I wasn't even born in 1970 or 71. :D

Dr. Eagle
05-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
I wasn't even born in 1970 or 71. :D
I went there in 1968 or 1969 Kinda foggy now, they were just digging the channel as I remember...
I was in Jr. High School at the time.

little rowe boat
05-03-2004, 10:49 AM
I don't remember it,I didn't start heading to Havasu til the mid seventies.Does anyone know the history of Havasu? What was there before the parker dam was built?:confused:

summerlove
05-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Does anyone know the history of Havasu? What was there before the parker dam was built?:confused:
desert, oh, and a river......;)

little rowe boat
05-03-2004, 10:54 AM
Yah no kidding,I had heard that there was a small town.;)

91nordic29
05-03-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Her454
my folks took us to the dedication. i was 10.:)

Debbolas
05-03-2004, 11:03 AM
I remember going to Havasu in the early 80's. The California side was just a bar that served "Everclear". There was a gas station and a ramp. We stayed at someones mobil home and the guys would leave me on the sandbar while they skied. I would draw pictures in the sand, NO ONE was there. I learned to kneeboard there....
:D

Dr. Eagle
05-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by summerlove
desert, oh, and a river......;)
Geeze you're a smart ass.......
Translated:
Beat me to it...;)

woodrow
05-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I remember going to Havasu in the early 80's. The California side was just a bar that served "Everclear". There was a gas station and a ramp. We stayed at someones mobil home and the guys would leave me on the sandbar while they skied. I would draw pictures in the sand, NO ONE was there. I learned to kneeboard there....
:D
si there any ****ing to[pic on here that you dont have a stupid comment for? i am sure that if there is a topic about sniffing peoples assses you have done that too and will comenmnt on it.

Dr. Eagle
05-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by woodrow
si there any ****ing to[pic on here that you dont have a stupid comment for? i am sure that if there is a topic about sniffing peoples assses you have done that too and will comenmnt on it.
The only stupid comment I see is quoted above......
Oh and go brush you tooth, looking a little pumpkin colored there.:rolleyes:

Debbolas
05-03-2004, 11:31 AM
and I have a picture of my little brother and sister sitting next to Lake Powell as it was being filled......:D :cool:

Laveyman
05-03-2004, 02:24 PM
HEY WOODROW...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/1/2550STFU.jpg

Kilrtoy
05-03-2004, 02:26 PM
To young, but thanks for the pic....