PDA

View Full Version : Roll up taunu (sp) covers

Danhercules
05-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Any body know them? Any thing to say about em? I was thinkin about gettin one.

HalletDave
05-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Danhercules
Any body know them? Any thing to say about em? I was thinkin about gettin one.
Dan,
Break loose with the dead presidents.:rolleyes:
Put in a Bed Rug and top it off with the Snug Top.;) :D

JetBoatRich
05-15-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by HalletDave
Dan,
Break loose with the dead presidents.:rolleyes:
Put in a Bed Rug and top it off with the Snug Top.;) :D
Dave I think he wants the roll-up so he can still use his truck as a truck. :D
Dan, a couple friends have them and really like them. It secures the back, but you can still load the truck with big loads when rolled back.

Lightning
05-15-2004, 11:15 AM
They are really cool, but can get spendy. The cover made by Retrax is the only way to go, definately the coolest one out on the market.

Froggystyle
05-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Lightning
They are really cool, but can get spendy. The cover made by Retrax is the only way to go, definately the coolest one out on the market.
This is what I have on my truck, and I love the hell out of it. I carry a lot of stuff that I would prefer locked up, and this does it really well. No gas mileage increase, but none was expected.
A couple "negatives" however...
1) Make sure you spend the correct amount of time getting it PERFECTLY aligned. It jams if you don't. All it takes is a re-alignment, but just do it right the first time.
2) It does take up a little bit of bed space, at the very forward part, but off the floor so you can still carry lumber etc...
3) Most agressive chemicals will thrash the finish. A detailer spilled some "goof off" on mine and it clouded a little bit. It is made of Lexan (plastic) and is very nice looking new, but if you don't treat it like paint, it will scuff and show wear quickly.
4) Don't roll it up filthy, or you will scuff it. (see above)
With these negatives in mind, I would absolutely buy another one tomorrow. It is a well designed product, that does let me carry engines, furniture etc... while maintaining the ability to lock up smaller stuff (luggage, coolers etc...) while grabbing a bite to eat on the way home from the river.
Two thumbs up...