PDA

View Full Version : Marine Power Co. SCAM FRAUD RIPOFF

H20 Party Starter
05-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Marine Power Co SCAM, FRAUD, RIPOFF
Marine Power Co. will NOT stand behind their Sales Agreements, They are a GM marine engine dealer based out of Louisiana, and the Presidents Son Walter recently came out to live in Cali and handle all of the company’s west coast operations with dealers. The motors are great because they are GM, but the company itself will not stand behind their agreements.
The Story from the start from my friend Jon. He rode with me at OP6 last year b/c he blew the motor on his boat Memorial Day weekend. Forget the 4+ months LOST all he wants is his Deposit back and the impound fees the company incurred.
Called up Marine Power to get prices for engine package deals, called back the next day and told him I would like to go ahead with the deal. Was told to meet them at the boat show in L.A. and give them a deposit. I Wrote $5000.00 check to Marine Power Rep (president's son) at the L.A. boat show on 1/31 was promised a 572ci engine to be built within 3-4 weeks for my 27’ Cat. The check cleared on 2/3
I tried to get a hold of Marine Power 2 weeks later and got no returned calls. About 1 week after that, I received lien sale papers in the mail saying my boat was to be SOLD at an auction if I didn't pick up the boat and pay fees. They had picked up the boat from the marine power representatives house where it was being stored. (apparently the Marine Power location in Riverside didn’t have storage space). I immediately went to the tow yard and paid the $2000 in storage fees to get my boat out. When I went to pick up the boat it was absolutely filthy and many new scratches. I finally got in contact with Marine Power and they said they had been out of town doing a "Monster Garage Show" and the boat was picked up by accident in the meantime and didn't know this had happened. Marine Power told me that the $2000 I had paid for their mistake in lien fees would be taken out of the cost to do the engine. I was promised my boat would be fully taken care of and they would also do a wet sand and buff to take care of the scratches my boat had received. I was told I would have my boat done in 2 weeks.
Well two weeks go by and I am told the 572 engine does not work there are some problems with the cam "water reversion" and they would put a new 502 engine for the meantime until they could figure out the major problems with the 572ci and this would be put in within a week. (more bullshit to stall) I said I don’t want any 502!
I finally got a hold of the Marine Power rep later the next week and he says the motor is in, but there’s something wrong with the drive. I was completely fed up, my outdrive was working perfectly when I dropped it off to them. The same day I told them I just wanted to go and pick up the boat with the motor and take care of the rest later. I went to the Marine Power location and was told by Steve that works at Proboat that the boat had just left with Walter and had NO ENGINE in it. I called Walter furious wanted my boat back to find out nothing had been done and it had now been 3 months. He first promised they would reimburse me of all my money and have my boat back to me tonight. Well a few hours went by when I get a call from Walter asking who my buddy was posting things about "Marine Power" on the internet.(H20 party Starter) I told him I have a lot of friends aware of the situation that post on many sites. He then apologized repeatedly and agreed to go ahead and finish up the job at no additional cost and promised it within another week. He even called H20 P.S. personally and begged him not to post anything bad, and said he would take care of everything. The week went by and to my surprise I was told to go to Dana Boats where they were helping him put in a complete 572 engine. I went to there and actually saw the engine inside the boat where all that was needed were the exhausts which were supposedly on order from IMCO and supposed to be in within 2 days. Well 1 day went by and I was informed that my engine had been ripped out and to come pick up my boat. I was thoroughly confused and talked with the president of Marine Power where I wasn't informed of much. Eventually I was told by Marine Power they would not be helping me at all and that I needed to take this up with Walter the President’s son. Walter had been stealing motors from inventory and selling them like normal transactions and keeping the money. The Company now refuses refund the money and Walter has left California.
Anyone have any ideas?????????

396_Z
05-05-2004, 12:41 PM
If you made the check out to Marine Power then you have an open and shut case for "Theft by deception" for the face value.
File a police report and make the DA persue it.

FoMoCo
05-05-2004, 12:42 PM
My jaw is still dropped! Thats F&*kED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lawyer??:eek:

Infomaniac
05-05-2004, 12:59 PM
I heard something similar.
I company is liable for anything their employees do. Relatives or not. I would hire an attorney if that happened to me.

Moneypitt
05-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Get a ROPE...........

Fiat48
05-05-2004, 05:02 PM
I think castration would be better. :mad:

Foggerjet
05-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Do it like we do down south, Find out where that bastard is. His daddy or someone knows. WTF you're already out the 7 g's. Anyhow, Find him and beat the fire out of him until he's BEGGING to give you 7k worth of something, cars, motors, boats, whatever. I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck, I hate hearing about people getting poled by some piece of shit thief. Just a note: Only take the preceeding advice after all legal recourse has been exhausted, wink, wink.
fog

Blowin Money
05-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Tell your friend John to keep written documentation on EVERYTHING. Every phone call, date and time that you spoke someone even if you left a message. Every piece of paper (if there was any) besides the check. Contact the bank to see what bank cashed the check and what name was put on the back (or if you have a cancelled check). You may want to send a registered letter to the company and inform them you are seeking counsel to retrieve youR money and your personal property. Most companies don't like going to court. Since they did damage your personal property they may also have to compensate for that. TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR BOAT AND THE DAMAGES.
Then contact your local better business bureau and your Congressman. Also contact the police they may file a report for you and see if this person, Walter has any outstanding warrants or other problems... (He may be on the run...)
The DA's office may be able to help you also.
Other than that if you see this creep in a dark alley you better have your baseball bat and then its fair game.
Good luck. (I am only suggesting these things to you. Do with them what you wish.)