PDA

View Full Version : Oh my God, it's a fawkin' snake!!

rrrr
05-05-2004, 08:29 PM
I was golfing today with a couple of my friends, and on the 6th hole we discovered a five foot long cottonmouth on the tee box.
Now, I grew up in New Mexico and Arizona, so snakes aren't a big deal. I caught my first rattlesnake when I was 12.
So I jumped out of the cart and grabbed a club to pin down the snake. When I had it immobilized I was telling my buddy to give me my cell phone so I could take a picture. Of course he wouldn't even come close enough to give me the camera. I grabbed it myself.
So then I picked it up with the club handle, and kinda poked it at my pals, thay took off running. After a couple of minutes I let the snake go in the tall grass next to the tee box.
I have been laughing my ass off ever since. The adreniline rush from messing with a poisonous snake is a trip. I hadn't felt that rush since I was a kid.
LOL, just give me some khaki shorts and a betacam, we'll make a TV series.
:D :D
EDIT!!
Check out the pic at the bottom :D :D
VVVVVVVVVVV

Phat Matt
05-05-2004, 08:34 PM
I caught a sidewinder last year and put it in a pillow case and it is a rush, a big rush to handle a poisonous snake. Mine wasn't a 5 foot long cottonmouth though. :D

fourspeednup
05-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Craayke! Ain't she a beaut?
(Took me like 6 tries to type with an Australian accent):rolleyes:

THATJEFFGUY
05-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Oh yeah, sounds like loads of fun !!
But a bigger rush for me is to empty the clip from my Glock .40 in his ass. Sorry, but I'm just skerred shitless of snakes !!

Ziggy
05-05-2004, 08:48 PM
I shudder at the thought of snakes--reminds me of the pic that was put up of the snake swimming near Moabi area:eek!: Never seen a snake in the water along the Colorado

jbtrailerjim
05-05-2004, 08:52 PM
I'd have been runnin right along side of your friend's. I hate freakin snakes.:eek!: :yuk:

Phat Matt
05-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Her454
Can we pleasssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee stop with all the damn snake threads lately...........I see them enough every day on the road, in my yard.....and I hate them, they scare the hell out of me. NIGHTMARES.........;)
HEY...DON'T MOVE! what's that behind you? :D Nevermind. nighty night. ;)

LASERRAY
05-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Her454
Can we pleasssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee stop with all the damn snake threads lately...........I see them enough every day on the road, in my yard.....and I hate them, they scare the hell out of me. NIGHTMARES.........;) You mean like this one? :D
Rattlesnake Thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=43988&highlight=rattlesnakes)

THATJEFFGUY
05-06-2004, 12:10 AM
I have yet to see a snake at the River...YET !! I saw the pic here though, and now I'm always paranoid as hell out there though...and it sucks to have to be strappin' on the boat !!

FRENCHIE
05-06-2004, 07:59 AM
Had about an 18 in Rattler curled u pin the middle of my drive way monday! WIfe yelled and almost stepped on it, had about a 2 in rattle! Pulled out the old SHeridan pellet gun, two pops job done! Hate those damn things!:yuk:

welk2party
05-06-2004, 08:03 AM
No snakes! :yuk:

rrrr
05-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Here's a picture of the cute little fella.. :D :D
He was kinda pissed off at me. :D :D
http://harm.net/gallery/rrrr/21691133701.jpg