PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of deals gone bad...

Tom Brown
05-08-2004, 12:46 PM
With the bad dealings that have gone through the forums, it seems like a good time to share a deal I had that was a little rough.
Oh, I received the products just fine and they were perfect, as expected. The price was real good too.
The rough part was the gong show I put the company through getting the parts. Not only that, I screwed around with the order, changing and adding stuff for weeks. While they were special ordering and modifying items at my request, I changed the order like a teenage girl changes hairstyles.
I knew some people going through Vegas so I had the company send a box of parts to a buddy in Vegas for pick up. UPS cross border charges to Canada are cruel. Unfortunately, a death in the family caused these people to return to Canada early and missed the shipment in Vegas.
When I contacted the company, they suggested they issue a UPS call tag to have the product returned to them and then make alternate shipping arrangements. No problem.
Between special ordering stuff that wasn't in their catalog, having items customized, being indecisive on my order, screwing around with the shipping arrangements way beyond what is reasonable, there's no way they made any money on the deal.
So... instead of having to fight tooth and nail to get product, never mind service, as often happens; I received excellent product, unbelievable service, and when problems cropped up... this place just sucked it up. They handled it with exemplary professionalism and zero drama. When the product is excellent and the service is like that, that's the best deal you can get, IMO.
The company I victimized... Rex Marine.
Sorry, Mike. ... and thanks. :)

HCS
05-08-2004, 12:52 PM
They seem to get the thumbs up every time.

looky_lou
05-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Very nice to hear a good possitive story like this. Way to go Rex Marine. :)

OutCole'd
05-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Tom, sorry you had such a good experience with Rex.
I too had a similar experience with them. Ordered a part, they delivered it faster than expected, and the quality was perfect. Price was also great.
I hate it when I can not complain about anything.
I guess I will have to order from one of Rex's competitor's if I want to complain.:D
Great Job Mike.

Ntwotrance
05-08-2004, 12:57 PM
I've always referred people I know to Rex, they take the time to talk to you and help you regardless...customer satisfaction in my book? 10 +++

Blown 472
05-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Since I dont have a catolog, do they have riser gaskets for "red line marine" center rise manifolds?

Tom Brown
05-08-2004, 01:31 PM
Hey Blown, why do you have to ruin everything? We can't have anything nice. :(

Blown 472
05-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Hey Blown, why do you have to ruin everything? We can't have anything nice. :(
Color me tha ****er.:p

Tom Brown
05-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Done.
By the way, do you want me to call Rex for you to check on those gaskets? I'm glad to help out until you get your phone fixed.

Blown 472
05-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Done.
By the way, do you want me to call Rex for you to check on those gaskets? I'm glad to help out until you get your phone fixed.
Gee Tom you are swell, would you??;)

Kachina26
05-08-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Since I dont have a catolog, do they have riser gaskets for "red line marine" center rise manifolds?
Rex has a catalog???????????:eek:

phebus
05-08-2004, 02:59 PM
I spoke to Rex recently about ordering some parts from them, and they had the nerve to suggest that I order them from one of their competitors because their color blue was a tiny bit off of what I had. Can you believe that!! Jerks!! They could have just sold me the parts and let me be unhappy and all.
Thanks Rex, you will definately get my business whenever possible.
On the other side though, Dana Marine is who Rex referred me to, and they were absolutely great as well. Joe tok a lot of time with me, and I am very happy with their products.

Debbolas
05-08-2004, 03:09 PM
I LOVE my Kachina boat and I think they are the BEST!!!
(HAD to put my 2cents in)
LOL :D
(oh yeah...............mittens)
;)

Dr. Eagle
05-08-2004, 03:44 PM
The company I victimized... Rex Marine.
Sorry, Mike. ... and thanks. :)
Dude, I always heard you don't foul your own nest.......:p ;) :D

twistedpair
05-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Alright. I'm gonna have to report this thread! All this 'Positive energy love fest' has got to go. All these reports of 'great customer service' and people being 'happy' with there purchases are based upon personal experience and facts, and we all know there is no place for anything like that on a boating board!:rolleyes:

Jordy
05-08-2004, 04:29 PM
I have a complaint about Rex. A couple of my gauges were back ordered and Mikey took it upon himself to wait until both of them came in to ship them out to me... The nerve of some people to try and save some shipping and keep me waiting. :D

Dr. Eagle
05-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
I have a complaint about Rex. A couple of my gauges were back ordered and Mikey took it upon himself to wait until both of them came in to ship them out to me... The nerve of some people to try and save some shipping and keep me waiting. :D
Outrageous!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rexone
05-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Thanx Tom, we aim to please (even Canatards).
except in Jordy's case of course. We just tease him by sending a few gauges at a time. ;)

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 03:14 PM
How dare you please Canatards.....
Didn't they give us Bob Newhart?

Kilrtoy
05-09-2004, 05:29 PM
How dare REX Marine have good customer service at a fair price.
Did someone forget to tell them they are in the boat smut trade and they are supposed to treat people like shit and rip them off.:D