PDA

View Full Version : Cook yo Chickens.

Mandelon
05-09-2004, 06:28 AM
I had the sad occasion on Friday night to eat something that made me violently ill all day yesterday.
Most likely some undercooked or not washed enough chicken. It was tasty and juicy. Now I will only eat it dry....
I recommend you wash all meat before cooking, and make sure the drippings get cleaned up thoroughly.
My experience of using both exits at once yesterday only reinforces the need to have bags in the trash can that sets by the toidy. :yuk: I know the wicker itself would have made a real mess. I didn't know that I could even blast out the Hershey Squirts and hurl at the same time. :confused: I guess it can be done. :frown:
Sorry for the visuals there, but thought helping someone avoid that experience might be worth it.......wash everything!!!!!!!!!!1
This has been a public service announcement.
:yuk:

JetBoatRich
05-09-2004, 06:31 AM
Very Nice advice Mandelon:yuk: :yuk: just glad you did not take pictures to even more prove a point:eek:

TheLurker
05-09-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
I didn't know that I could even blast out the Hershey Squirts and hurl at the same time. :confused: I guess it can be done. :frown: :yuk:
Thank you for that verry important public service announcement. Hope your feeling better today but I have to tell you The confused little smiley had me busting up reading that descriptive experience .

ahhell
05-09-2004, 06:47 AM
Talk to Scream about the way Chix are processed:(
you'll want to put it thru a cycle in the dishwasher prior to cooking it....something called "fecal stew"
What you had was double elimination;) :D ;)

Mandelon
05-09-2004, 07:06 AM
This morning I felt confident enough to actually attempt to make a fart. :eek:
So far all is well. (No leaks) :D My kids would call an accident of this type a "shart".
Yesterday I ate three popsicles, a banana and a piece of toast. Today we head to my mother's in Pasadena for brunch.....:rolleyes: Hope I can sit in the car for the round trip without an "incident"..........;)

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 07:36 AM
So far all is well. (No leaks) :D My kids would call an accident of this type a "shart".
Yesterday I ate three popsicles, a banana and a piece of toast. Today we head to my mother's in Pasadena for brunch.....:rolleyes: Hope I can sit in the car for the round trip without an "incident"..........;)
Damn a SHART? That paints a picture...
Remember, when over 40 never trust a fart.......;)

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Wait.............Mr.Scream is logging on as we speak!!!:D

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Wait.............Mr.Scream is logging on as we speak!!!:D
Hmmmmmm what does that statement and this thread have in common? (he asks in wide eyed wonder)...

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 07:46 AM
:D

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 07:49 AM
;) ;) ;)

AdrenelineOD
05-09-2004, 07:53 AM
I was at my wifes family`s party yestrday. Those guys stand there with there hands in chicken and Carne Asata all day. I think I was the only one grossed out. And the only one who doesn`t speak spanish. The meat just sits there all day in the heat till it`s cooked. :yuk:

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
I was at my wifes family`s party yestrday. Those guys stand there with there hands in chicken and Carne Asata all day. I think I was the only one grossed out. And the only one who doesn`t speak spanish. The meat just sits there all day in the heat till it`s cooked. :yuk:
Me being a Politically Incorrect, culturally insensitive, non progressive type that friggin grosses me out.......:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 07:58 AM
He is still typing it......
;)

Scream
05-09-2004, 08:00 AM
You're right Manelon, wash, wash wash...
Poultry has a prevelance rate of more than 50% for Salmonella and when fully cooked, can kill this bacteria. Fully cooked is 160 F or higher for any length of time. Even after it's fully cooked you could be in trouble. Cross contamination is what usually gets people sick. A knife, cutting board, counter top that have been exposed to the juices of raw chicken and turkey can still have enough bacteria present if just wiped off.
1. Wash your chicken or Turkey with COLD water prior to preparation. never use hot, that will provide a nice warm place for the bacteria. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. If cutting poultry before cooking, use a non porous cutting board and do the deed, put the board in the sink and be done with it, if you need another one after cooking, you'll need to wash it thoroughly first.
3. Use paper towels during preparation. They're disposable and take the bugs with them when tossed.
4. Use a meat thermometer and make sure the poultry gets up to 160 AND the juices run clear, not any shade of red or pink.
5. Poultry is your friend.

Scream
05-09-2004, 08:01 AM
He is still typing it......
;)
Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture???

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 08:02 AM

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Scream
Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture???
I suppose that could go under the heading........Needless Needling? LOL

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Is that a nice way to say
NAG ?
I was simply preparing you all for his incredible post!

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Is that a nice way to say
NAG ?
I was simply preparing you all for his incredible post!
No, Nagging is not done in good fun, you were just poking the Mr. with a little fun...
Hence Needless Needling... LOL

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 08:25 AM
He knows a lot about poulty!;)

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 08:27 AM
He knows a lot about poulty!;)
I love chicken.... and turkey......

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 08:28 AM

Kilrtoy
05-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Remember, when over 40 never trust a fart
Thanks for the heads up.

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Remember, when over 40 never trust a fart
Thanks for the heads up.
Always happy to help out a buddy...... LOL..........;)

Just Tool'n
05-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Everytime I have gotten food poisioning sick, it has allways been with Chicken.
The worst is squirting & ralphing at the same time:yuk: :yuk:

JetBoatRich
05-09-2004, 10:02 AM
LMAO:D

Mrs. Psycho Squid
05-09-2004, 10:20 AM
It's always the worst when Mr. (edited to protect the innocent) looks at me and says, "Do farts have lumps" ? Now that's just plain gross! :yuk:

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Last time I had food poisoning I had a similar experience of exhausting from two exits at the same time. Nothing like being doubled over on the can trying to get all of it in the trash can. Every time you hurl your bowels blow out at the same time. I was up all night and ended up falling asleep on the bathroom floor (got tired of running into the bathroom).

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Just Tool'n
Everytime I have gotten food poisioning sick, it has allways been with Chicken.
The worst is squirting & ralphing at the same time:yuk: :yuk:
Yeah, keeps you pretty occupied for a while...:p

clownpuncher
05-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Scream
You're right Manelon, wash, wash wash...
Poultry has a prevelance rate of more than 50% for Salmonella and when fully cooked, can kill this bacteria. Fully cooked is 160 F or higher for any length of time. Even after it's fully cooked you could be in trouble. Cross contamination is what usually gets people sick. A knife, cutting board, counter top that have been exposed to the juices of raw chicken and turkey can still have enough bacteria present if just wiped off.
1. Wash your chicken or Turkey with COLD water prior to preparation. never use hot, that will provide a nice warm place for the bacteria. Pat dry with paper towels.
2. If cutting poultry before cooking, use a non porous cutting board and do the deed, put the board in the sink and be done with it, if you need another one after cooking, you'll need to wash it thoroughly first.
3. Use paper towels during preparation. They're disposable and take the bugs with them when tossed.
4. Use a meat thermometer and make sure the poultry gets up to 160 AND the juices run clear, not any shade of red or pink.
5. Poultry is your friend.
What are ya, some sorta poultry farmer or somethin?!? :D
J/K Good advise that should be headed by all. More times than not, it's the cross contamination (hands, knives, boards etc) that'll get ya good. Bleach/sanitizer is my friend.

Scream
05-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
What are ya, some sorta poultry farmer or somethin?!? :D
J/K Good advise that should be headed by all. More times than not, it's the cross contamination (hands, knives, boards etc) that'll get ya good. Bleach/sanitizer is my friend.
Actually, Yes. My family owns a Poultry processing plant and I'm the boss of production, since nobody else want's to deal with it. I've got to work with the USDA inspector, who is on site all day every day. I've got to deal with the state inspectors that come in once in a blue moon, and then the County inspectors that come in once a quarter. I have to write all of our food safety protocols and procedures and enforce them as well. I really like educating the gubment folks on the regulations and the right and wrong way to inspect, from time to time.

clownpuncher
05-09-2004, 02:20 PM
LOL. I knew that, just givin ya shit. Did your honey tell you that I actually knew her in high school? She was friends of my sister. I remember your wife, my parents loved her.

OutCole'd
05-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Mandy, Sorry to hear you were feeling under the weather. Hope all is well with the ol' Culo today.:D

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
LOL. I knew that, just givin ya shit. Did your honey tell you that I actually knew her in high school? She was friends of my sister. I remember your wife, my parents loved her.
I told him , but you know.........old age?!
;)

Dr. Eagle
05-09-2004, 06:56 PM
I told him , but you know.........old age?!
;)
Its a powerful drug that age thing.... kind of a sedative...... LOL

Debbolas
05-09-2004, 06:57 PM
shhhhh
He is younger than me
(Mr. Scream)
LOL;)

DEEZ NUTTS
05-09-2004, 07:58 PM
I choke the chicken to get the bugs out.

shueman
05-10-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by DEEZ NUTTS
I choke the chicken to get the bugs out.
LMAO..!!:D

coolchange
05-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Had food poisoning about a year ago. Thought I was going to die, then I was afraid I wouldn't. Buddy told me to take ONE Cipro(the anti- terrorist antibiotic) About 2 hours later I was at about 75%. Amazing;)

Scream
05-10-2004, 08:25 AM
Cipro? One? I'd be afraid of making that ineffective against anything you can't beat on your own personally. Sub-theraputic antibiotics just causes the body to devlope an immunity to it for practical uses. Be careful.

Mandelon
05-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Woo Hoo, I made a real doody today. :D :eek: :D
Still feeling a little slow and achy, but I am alive.
No appetite yet, but I could shed a couple of pounds anyway, so maybe it'll work out.
I eat in Mexico and out of those roach coach food trucks all the time and never get sick.......do you think my wife is trying to kill me???? :confused: :frown: :D

lucky
05-13-2004, 03:34 PM
I wash my MEAT eveymorning -- I scrub it hard and long - - don't want my wife to get sick --- buhbhahbhabahbhhbhabahbbbbaaaa

Ziggy
05-13-2004, 05:11 PM
You'd think this thread was started by Tom "Bran" Brown with all the doo-doo talk.:D :D

twistedpair
05-13-2004, 05:17 PM
We always called it a 'Foop'.:eek:

BarryMac
05-13-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by lucky
I wash my MEAT eveymorning -- I scrub it hard and long - - don't want my wife to get sick --- buhbhahbhabahbhhbhabahbbbbaaaa
It's your meat for goodness sake, you can wash it as long, as fast and as much as you wish...:D