PDA

View Full Version : sick as a dog

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-10-2004, 09:27 AM
i'm sittin here sick as a dog and wanted to know what the best remedy people have I can take.. I think it is a summer cold or flu.. stuffy ,and runny nose, nausia, fever and achy.. please help..
also can stress make you sick.. currious..;)

91nordic29
05-10-2004, 09:29 AM
about half the people i know have had some versiwon of that in the past 3 weeks. not much you can do but rest:( hope you feel better soon!

Dave C
05-10-2004, 09:30 AM
try a bloody mary........ oh, you mean the other kind of sick..... never mind!
RD's got the right idea;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-10-2004, 09:31 AM
thanks sweety.. I didn't think so but thought I would ask.. I am not one to take any pills of any sort.. so wanted a home remedy.. oh well I guess I can sit here all day with all my ***boat family and rest.. ;) :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-10-2004, 09:32 AM
I can do a bloody mary but then you would have a drunk crazy woman on your hands to listen to and read through the post.. LMAO!! :D

THOR
05-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Did my post get deleted?

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-10-2004, 09:36 AM
I don't see it..:confused: :D

Scream
05-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Chicken soup, plenty of clear liquids, rest rest rest...
All the while postwhoring like no other that is...

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-10-2004, 09:38 AM
LMAO!! I think I can handle the post whoring.. and I am cooking chicken soup as we speak.. ;)

Scream
05-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Yea, but if you don't take advantage of this down time from work, my wife's gonna pass you like vw goin up the cajon pass...
What's up with that?
Hope you feel better soon, a virus (which is probably what you have) doesn't respond to anything but rest and hydration.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Scream
Yea, but if you don't take advantage of this down time from work, my wife's gonna pass you like vw goin up the cajon pass...
What's up with that?
Hope you feel better soon, a virus (which is probably what you have) doesn't respond to anything but rest and hydration.
thank you sweety.. I will grab my soup and post ***** to keep ahaead of my little grasshopper.. LOL!! ;)

Mandelon
05-10-2004, 09:47 AM
And heat up that chicken................:(

Ziggy
05-10-2004, 09:47 AM
R & R is the only remedy- My mother-in-law was down a few weeks ago...she caught something and ended up staying here in bed for a extra 3 days...on my pillow no less:mad:
Get better soon Mrs.V;)

THOR
05-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I don't see it..:confused: :D
WTF? Anyway, I was just kidding. I dont condone that stuff either. Seriously, the cold/flu daytime stuff is okay.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-10-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by THOR
WTF? Anyway, I was just kidding. I dont condone that stuff either. Seriously, the cold/flu daytime stuff is okay.
I didn't see the other post or was there one? LOL!! I just can't and don't like to take any pills or anything.. I guess it's just not liking my system.. everything makes me real drowsy ..;) and I don't like not to be in control.. leave it to a woman I guess.. :D :D

FMluvswater
05-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well MrsFV. :( Speedy recovery wished for you sweetie. :) Rest, fluids, and laughter. That oughtta do it. ;) Take care of yourself (let kids and hubby help too :) ).

MagicMtnDan
05-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Protein shakes made using man-yogurt. May not make you feel better but it'll do wonders for your better half :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-10-2004, 12:22 PM
LMAO!! had that and yes he was a happy camper.. I'll have to try it again.. ;) :D :D :D

dicudmore
05-10-2004, 12:37 PM
sorry, hope ya feel better soon

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
05-10-2004, 01:17 PM
sounds like you need a PETERcilian injection:D Sweat it out. works every time!
Omega

Debbolas
05-10-2004, 01:25 PM
7up, crackers, chicken soup with garlic (my grandpa use to eat a clove of garlic when he felt a cold coming on)((yes he was GREEK))
Try some Jello (without the Vodka LOL), popsicles, applesauce.
If you have a sore throat, hot apple cider is good ( I like that better than tea)
You can add OJ to 7up for a change of pace.
Sleep and watch old movies.
Post, Post, Post........
Take a hot bath (if you have a chill)
Thats all I can think of now, something must be going around, my son and I were sick two weeks ago, my sis came to my house last week and was sick (but she used her own pillow, Ziggy you are an angel)
Feel better soon!
:D

Kilrtoy
05-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Stay off ***boat and stop post whoring for a week maybe two. I did consult with the DR and that is what she said:D