PDA

View Full Version : Ordered new boat

Rubths
05-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Well I did it the wife and I went to Havasu Sat and ordered a Cheetah 24 Stilleto walk thru open bow with the 496ho and Bravo-X drive. I wished they had a boat complete for me to see since I am a eyes on buyer, I like to see what im buying but pictures are going to have to do unless anyone on this board has the same boat that I can go look at? I need to see the seating and the inside layout so I can plan with Roz my stereo install.
The only thing now is the waiting game 10-14 weeks.

OGShocker
05-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Did you test drive the boat?

Rubths
05-10-2004, 11:33 AM
They had nothing to test drive:( I would like a test drive if any of the ***boat members have the same boat. Im sure I will be happy with the boat seeing as I have heard absolutly NO negitive feedback on these boats.
I would like to know the True speed ( not with 1 gallon of gas and a midget speed) this boat should do with the 496ho.
I really need inside upholstery pics if anyone has them?

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-10-2004, 11:33 AM
congrats on the new ride.. at least you will be able to use it a couple times this summer.. ;)

Pointerman
05-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Congrats!

manuel
05-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Congratulations! rvrkaosI has a 24' Stilleto, maybe you can send a PM if he doesn't see your post,
He shows Oceanside as location, maybe you can get a ride in his,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/626pic.jpg

ROZ
05-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by manuel
Congratulations! rvrkaosI has a 24' Stilleto, maybe you can send a PM if he doesn't see your post,
He shows Oceanside as location, maybe you can get a ride in his,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/626pic.jpg
Yea, maybe he parks it at home and will let us look at it to see where you're mounting your stereo ;) :p :D

OGShocker
05-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Congrat's! I should have said that first... Sorry.
I can't believe Cheetah Bob could not find a boat for you to drive. That was number one with me. No test drive, no buy boat! Man am I glad I stuck to that rule...
Get us some art on the graphics.
Congratulations again,
OGS

Rubths
05-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Ya im struggling with that no test ride thing but theres not much I can do about that exept wait and hope one of the ***boats members offer one up:D

bohica
05-10-2004, 12:15 PM
That looks pretty big for Martinez. Looks like you'll have to become a Havasu local.:wink:

dicudmore
05-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Congratulations on the new ride.
Cheetah was great to deal with when building my boat. E-mailed me pics when it first came out of the mold, as the seats were being built etc.
That 24' Stilletto should haul ass with 496HO. Friend of a friend has one w/a small block that runs 70.
Several owners on the board here.

bigq
05-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Im guessing 74-76MPH

Rubths
05-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by bigq
Im guessing 74-76MPH
Looks like I will be whippling when the warranty is up:D

TheLurker
05-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Congratz on the new addition to the family

dicudmore
05-10-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Rubths
Looks like I will be whippling when the warranty is up:D
sounds like you want to see some big #'s
In the right water I would not be afraid to drive that hull 80+ and whippled 496HO would run it....

Rubths
05-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
sounds like you want to see some big #'s
In the right water I would not be afraid to drive that hull 80+ and whippled 496HO would run it....
I was kidding I really dont care to much about going faster than 60mph the wife doesnt like going fast. I upgraded to the 496ho and the bravo X drive mainly for resale value when its time to upgrade. I figure when its time to sell the boat would be more attractive and worth more with this package. Lots of nice looking under powered boats for sale and knowone buying them.

TCHB
05-10-2004, 07:55 PM
I was talking to Bob and he seems like a great guy with no BS. Every one I have talked to has been happy. Be sure to post pics.

Rubths
05-11-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by TCHB
I was talking to Bob and he seems like a great guy with no BS. Every one I have talked to has been happy. Be sure to post pics.
He is stand up for sure, he made a mistake on what he quoted me over the phone and when I drove up the next day the price was different but he honored what was quoted without biatching about it.
I hired a graphics designer last night but I am leary about posting graphics untill they are done and on the boat, I dont want anyone stealing what I paid for and putting it on there boat before its on mine ya know!

dicudmore
05-11-2004, 08:29 AM
He is stand up for sure, he made a mistake on what he quoted me over the phone and when I drove up the next day the price was different but he honored what was quoted without biatching about it.
I hired a graphics designer last night but I am leary about posting graphics untill they are done and on the boat, I dont want anyone stealing what I paid for and putting it on there boat before its on mine ya know!
NO DOUBT. The graphics like "shadow's" boat are all over the place....

GrapeApe
05-11-2004, 08:46 AM
I dont think to many people are going to paint a picture of a Naked Guy down the side... Just post the pic...:D j/k
Congrats on the Boat...
*** Grape Ape ***

ROZ
05-11-2004, 09:09 AM
If you're notposting them, atleast email them to me :D

Rubths
05-11-2004, 11:41 AM
NO DOUBT. The graphics like "shadow's" boat are all over the place....
As a matter of fact I saw two Cheetahs while I was there with the exact paint job just different colors. I dont want to copy Shadows paint but I like the same colors he has and thats why I hired a graphic designer to change it up using similar colors. Roz is also working on graphics for me but I bet if I use his graphics hes going to want a spare key to the boat:yuk: :D Its all good I just dont want to be called a copy cat and have people saying ( there goes that phuking guy that copied so and soo's graphics).;)

dicudmore
05-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Somebody is popping hulls out all over the place with that flame
fading into a flag design dealio that shadow has....
Saw a boat on Mohave saturday w/the EXACT paint job (red yellow-not purple) but it WAS NOT a CHEETAH.

Rubths
05-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Somebody is popping hulls out all over the place with that flame
fading into a flag design dealio that shadow has....
Saw a boat on Mohave saturday w/the EXACT paint job (red yellow-not purple) but it WAS NOT a CHEETAH.
Well I like the checkered flag design as you can see becuase its on my miller but I want to do a different flame or tribal design. Hope Shadow doesnt run me down if I have similar colors and a similar flag:D jk:p