PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat Issue/Lake Havsue Marina

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Just received our copy of ***boat Magazine in the mail and guess what?! There is an editorial about the Lake Havasu Marina in the observers seat.....
A promise to explore in depth in an upcoming issue the nasty business that is happening at the Lake Havsu Marina.
:D

Ducatista
05-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Good tease....can't wait!

jackpunx
05-11-2004, 01:49 PM
its about time:D

Tom Brown
05-11-2004, 01:56 PM
I remember Barney, Leibniz and I crusing around Havasu in our rented convertible, top down, and enjoying the beautiful day. Barn suggested we have a look at the LH Marina as part of our tour. The gaurd house contained two of the grumpiest old bastards I've ever met. Holy cow, these guys were as sour as RD on a two week sobriety bender.

jackpunx
05-11-2004, 01:59 PM
these guys were as sour as RD on a two week sobriety bender.
Could you imagine if you kicked that up with no smoking too?.. :D

Tom Brown
05-11-2004, 02:02 PM
No. Frankly, I can't. :D

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Well your going to like this....(I don't want to get sued, but here is an except) I figure if the HAL 2000 doesn't like my post he will just delete it.............
another taste..........."It should be noted that the marina manager is denying launch privileges without the benefit of stated standards, any sound measurement device, or other empirical data that might justify such a decision." Written by Kevin Spaise
:D :eek!: :cool:

Havasu Cig
05-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Great, Hopefully it will have some sort of effect. A copy of the article should be sent to the City, and the owner of the Marina when it appears in print.

OGShocker
05-11-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Written by Kevin Spaise:D :eek!: :cool:
Isn't that the gay actor?:D

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 02:36 PM
shhhhhhh!!!!!!
I just realised Hot Boat Magazine/ Hot Boat Forum.....he could be lurking or posting here under another name.............
:D :cool:

RiverPirate
05-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Just read it. Kevin didn't pull any punches and it is quite apparent there will definately be a follow up article after a little more follow up on HB's part.

beer hunter
05-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Well it's about damn time a major boating publication had a story about the abuses of LH Marina! My only hope is the local politicians or some other governmental agency will take notice and do something positive to remedy this situation. :cool: :cool:

boxscore
05-11-2004, 05:09 PM
I hate it when others get their ***boat mag days before me.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Nice to see the wider attn the marina is now getting.

Three Days Only
05-11-2004, 05:15 PM
This could lead to a very positive outcome for all of us. Im glad to see that someone is finally going to put the positive and negative information out on the shelves where it is available to all. Way to go Kevin.
Jeff

LHC30Victory
05-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Just read the piece... all I have to say is GO KEVIN, GO!!!!

DogHouse
05-11-2004, 07:15 PM
The stuff on the marina was ok, but I have to say that the opening paragraphs regarding the AHBA were a cheap shot at best. Interesting how Hot Boat can accuse another organization of being amateurish and then print something so entirely amateurish and unprofessional (IMO) themselves. To that I say, read some of your own articals and look in the mirror... Sometimes I read the boat reviews and tech columns just for laughs.
Another thing, "ridden on the coattails of our name"??? Give me a break! Just because the words "hot boat" appear in their name, doesn't equate riding anyone's coattails. That's a pretty f'n arrogant statement if you ask me. The words "hot boat" are universally used to describe the types of boats that we're all interested in. Get over yourselves.
By the way, I am not affiliated with the "other" organization except that I do have a subscription to their mag, or what's left of it. I do know and boat with many of the people involved, and know that they have worked hard to achieve the level of success that they've enjoyed with their events. They deserve better this cheap shot from the self-appointed "only performance boating magazine that matters". Once again, give me a break... :rolleyes:
Sure am glad my subscription was given to me as a gift (I will politely advise that person to not repeat the same mistake). You can be sure that I won't be spending any of my money on a renewal!
:yuk:

Dr. Eagle
05-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by DogHouse
Get over yourselves.
I've tried, but I am just not as athletic as I used to be.....;) :D

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 07:21 PM
The stuff on the marina was ok, but I have to say that the opening paragraphs regarding the AHBA were a cheap shot at best. Interesting how Hot Boat can accuse another organization of being amateurish and then print something so entirely amateurish and unprofessional (IMO) themselves. To that I say, read some of your own articals and look in the mirror... Sometimes I read the boat reviews and tech columns just for laughs.
Another thing, "ridden on the coattails of our name"??? Give me a break! Just because the words "hot boat" appear in their name, doesn't equate riding anyone's coattails. That's a pretty f'n arrogant statement if you ask me. The words "hot boat" are universally used to describe the types of boats that we're all interested in. Get over yourselves.
By the way, I am not affiliated with the "other" organization except that I do have a subscription to their mag, or what's left of it. I do know and boat with many of the people involved, and know that they have worked hard to achieve the level of success that they've enjoyed with their events. They deserve better this cheap shot from the self-appointed "only performance boating magazine that matters". Once again, give me a break... :rolleyes:
Sure am glad my subscription was given to me as a gift (I will politely advise that person to not repeat the same mistake). You can be sure that I won't be spending any of my money on a renewal!
Is it Sye?
:eek!:

DogHouse
05-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Is it Sye?
:eek!:
Who???
-brian
(Sorry, if you've been around for a while, you'd know who I am.)
:D

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 07:26 PM
my mistake............LOL:D :eek!: :D

Mandelon
05-11-2004, 07:27 PM
I know who you are.......I've gotten over myself too. :D

Kilrtoy
05-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Holy cow, these guys were as sour as RD on a two week sobriety bender
Now TOM , you knoiw that is a lie, that has never happened....

DogHouse
05-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
I know who you are.......I've gotten over myself too. :D
You must be pretty athletic, better show the Dr how to do that! :D
BTW, that comment was directed at Hot Boat, not you guys. I know you guys will never get over yourselves! :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2004, 07:40 PM
You must be pretty athletic, better show the Dr how to do that! :D
BTW, that comment was directed at Hot Boat, not you guys. I know you guys will never get over yourselves! :p
true so true.. it is a big hurdle.. and my ass is to slow to catch up to the rest of me.. it tends to drag behind.. :D :D

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 07:43 PM
OMG!!
mine too! What is up with that!
(P.S. I ordered the "Large Skull" pasties)
LOL:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-11-2004, 07:46 PM
OMG!!
mine too! What is up with that!
(P.S. I ordered the "Large Skull" pasties)
cool now you can wear them with us at op6.. :D

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 07:47 PM
shhhhhhhhhh
secret!;)

Kachina26
05-11-2004, 08:15 PM
What if the pics get out to your young impressionable students? They will be scarred for life.:(

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 08:19 PM
You know, I read your post again, and I have to disagree with you. If performance boats didn't use that marina, then it wouldn't be as popular as it is today.
If you were refering to the poker run meeting...what is wrong with meeting with different officials to make sure the run goes off smoothly? Ultimately the Coast Guard is responsible and ***boat made that point. I must confess I don't know who you are, but I think the marina is being a "ramp nazi" regarding who can launch and why.
Are you saying that ***boat mag is a joke with regard to it's technical advice and boat reviews?
I look forward to "knowing" who you are though your posts, your right I have only been here a little over a month..............
;)

Dr. Eagle
05-11-2004, 08:24 PM
You know, I read your post again, and I have to disagree with you. If performance boats didn't use that marina, then it wouldn't be as popular as it is today.
If you were refering to the poker run meeting...what is wrong with meeting with different officials to make sure the run goes off smoothly? Ultimately the Coast Guard is responsible and ***boat made that point. I must confess I don't know who you are, but I think the marina is being a "ramp nazi" regarding who can launch and why.
Are you saying that ***boat mag is a joke with regard to it's technical advice and boat reviews?
I look forward to "knowing" who you are though your posts, your right I have only been here a little over a month..............
;)
OK Deb......... NO RAMP FOR YOU!!!!

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 08:25 PM
It's the RAMP NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Dr. Eagle
05-11-2004, 08:28 PM
It's the RAMP NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/7A/F2/NorthernCaliforniaCustomBoats/1/1f.jpg
Reporrrrrrrrrrrrt!!

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 08:29 PM
oh, You can always make me laugh!!!!!!!!!!
FOTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!:D :eek!: :D

Dr. Eagle
05-11-2004, 08:33 PM
oh, You can always make me laugh!!!!!!!!!!
FOTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!:D :eek!: :D
Uhoh.......don't fall down.......
Reporrrrrrrrrrrt!!!http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/7A/F2/NorthernCaliforniaCustomBoats/1/20.jpg

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 08:34 PM
well................where is my flaming reply?
;)

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 08:36 PM
K, It's past my bedtime.....can I get my flamming over with now please!?;)

Dr. Eagle
05-11-2004, 08:36 PM
well................where is my flaming reply?
;)
NO RAMP FOR YOU!!!!

DogHouse
05-11-2004, 08:37 PM
;)
Fair enough... ;)
I wasn't talking about the marina stuff. I too think that the marina could use an attitude adjustment and treat their customers a lot better. I was talking about the negative comments towards AHBA and their offshoot mag (Extreme Boats America). I agree that the USCG meeting was a good idea and provided some useful outcome. In fact there were some posts on this very board by the organizers of AHBA stating exactly that. I was complaining about Hot Boat's apparent attempt to belittle AHBA for asking the industry for support to attend the meeting to make sure that "hot boaters" interests were well represented (which apparently they were).
BTW, I shouldn't have assumed that you "knew" me just because I used to post a bit. Kinda arrogant of me now that I think about it! :D
-brian
ps: To your last question, the answer is "yes", but that's just one person's opinion... :D

Dr. Eagle
05-11-2004, 08:39 PM
K, It's past my bedtime.....can I get my flamming over with now please!?;)
HOw about a kinder gentler ramp nazi.....
NO RAMP FOR YOU!!!!
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/7A/F2/NorthernCaliforniaCustomBoats/1/23.jpg

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Well,
that was a gentle flame
thanks!
look forward to posting with you again soon..........
;)

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
HOw about a kinder gentler ramp nazi.....
NO RAMP FOR YOU!!!!
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/7A/F2/NorthernCaliforniaCustomBoats/1/23.jpg
YOU!! are too funny!!!!
:D :D

C-2
05-11-2004, 08:45 PM
C2<-------- clenching teeth, waiting to see what the article says.
Give me the goods Brian!

Debbolas
05-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Fair enough... ;)
I wasn't talking about the marina stuff. I too think that the marina could use an attitude adjustment and treat their customers a lot better. I was talking about the negative comments towards AHBA and their offshoot mag (Extreme Boats America). I agree that the USCG meeting was a good idea and provided some useful outcome. In fact there were some posts on this very board by the organizers of AHBA stating exactly that. I was complaining about Hot Boat's apparent attempt to belittle AHBA for asking the industry for support to attend the meeting to make sure that "hot boaters" interests were well represented (which apparently they were).
BTW, I shouldn't have assumed that you "knew" me just because I used to post a bit. Kinda arrogant of me now that I think about it! :D
-brian
ps: To your last question, the answer is "yes", but that's just one person's opinion... :D
Well lucky for you, I just posted a "chock full" post full of nautical terms and boat info.........check it out!!!

DogHouse
05-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by C-2
C2<-------- clenching teeth, waiting to see what the article says.
Give me the goods Brian!
Might be better/safer for you to read it for yourself when you get your copy. I'm not sure what the legal/copyright problems might be for posting a reprint of the text, or scanning/posting the page, etc. So far all I've stated is my opinion. I know, I'm a wussy! :D

C-2
05-11-2004, 09:13 PM
No prob Brian, I'll have to wait until the mag arrives here in Cali.

DogHouse
05-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by C-2
No prob Brian, I'll have to wait until the mag arrives here in Cali.
You could always call one of your AZ buds and have them read it to ya!
Strange thing, I just dug up the old thread about the CG killing the poker run, and there was a post in there from I believe the same person that wrote the article, but that post was markedly different. Hmmm...

C-2
05-11-2004, 09:27 PM
You could always call one of your AZ buds and have them read it to ya!
Strange thing, I just dug up the old thread about the CG killing the poker run, and there was a post in there from I believe the same person that wrote the article, but that post was markedly different. Hmmm...
Yup, first thing that came to my mind too!

jdnichols
05-12-2004, 06:26 AM
Brian, thanks for the heads up. I am also waiting for my issue to hit the mailbox.
I am also writing my article for EBM about our poker run, sounds like I need to do a little event comparision and discuss professional attitudes!
Jim

Scream
05-12-2004, 06:51 AM
I think you have a good point. Like a lot of us here say, a boat salesman that tries to make himself look good by making other boat mfg's look bad is not good business, the same could be said for the magazine industry as well.
Whatever bad blood is between Hot Boat and AHBA should be handled a little better and a little more professionally. IMO

hd&boatrider
05-12-2004, 07:36 AM
Fair enough... ;)
-brian
Arrogant....Naw...one hell of an arm wrestling mo fo, yes....:) l Hope things are well Brian.

Jordy
05-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by jdnichols
Brian, thanks for the heads up. I am also waiting for my issue to hit the mailbox.
Jim
Hey Jim, I got mine yesterday if you need something to look at and don't get yours soon. :D

DogHouse
05-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Hey Jim, I got mine yesterday if you need something to look at and don't get yours soon. :D
Yeah but yours already has that east side stink on it! :D

DogHouse
05-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Arrogant....Naw...one hell of an arm wrestling mo fo, yes....:) l Hope things are well Brian.
I'm glad (well not really) that someone remembers that weekend. I know I don't! :eek: :D

Jordy
05-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah but yours already has that east side stink on it! :D
You're not on the aveNEWS side of the Cave Creek area are you??? :eek!:

DogHouse
05-12-2004, 07:40 PM
You're not on the aveNEWS side of the Cave Creek area are you??? :eek!:
52nd St... :p

bigkatboat
05-12-2004, 10:13 PM
I know Kevin 'Space' has good grammar, and "spellcheck", but what does he think he can do? Is he doing something already? Can Kevin and HOT BOAT tell a private business what to do? If he is "making changes" at LHM, please lower my slip fees! Just remember this post, 90 days from now, I'll still be paying and Kevin will still be typing and NOTHING WILL HAVE CHANGED. Well at least a LOT MORE HOT BOAT magazines will have been sold! The "noise" laws are coming, IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! Just like the "smog tests" in California, it's going to happen, get yourself ready!

Kwicherbichen
05-13-2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by titties and beer
i also think i read some thing about a nice guy named jordy in this months H/B:D ;)PAGE 134
It sure does;) I couldn't forget to mention Jordy. He hooked me up good and that was the least I could do for his help. I pretty much made sure all those involved were mentioned.
On a similar note, My boat made the cover! A small picture but still cool :D Aside from my boat, 3 girls from the Kwicherbichen Bikini Team also made the cover. The 2 girls in the Laser are Ginger (right) and Eden (left). The girls sitting in my boat is Kendra. It's pretty cool seeing your ride in the mag.

Jordy
05-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Kwicherbichen
It sure does;) I couldn't forget to mention Jordy. He hooked me up good and that was the least I could do for his help. I pretty much made sure all those involved were mentioned.
Hey I did like that part. :D :D :D
I posted congrats over in the just jets section here and over on RRL as well. Boat looks great Brian.
The models didn't look to shabby either. :D

Havasu Cig
05-13-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by bigkatboat
I know Kevin 'Space' has good grammar, and "spellcheck", but what does he think he can do? Is he doing something already? Can Kevin and HOT BOAT tell a private business what to do? If he is "making changes" at LHM, please lower my slip fees! Just remember this post, 90 days from now, I'll still be paying and Kevin will still be typing and NOTHING WILL HAVE CHANGED. Well at least a LOT MORE HOT BOAT magazines will have been sold! The "noise" laws are coming, IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! Just like the "smog tests" in California, it's going to happen, get yourself ready!
You still don't get it....The Marina has a lease that requires them to do certain things. They are sitting on leased land and are not living up to the terms of the lease. But being buddies with Jeff I see you are still taking the side of these a$$holes.:rolleyes:

Liquid Courage
05-13-2004, 09:42 AM
I hate to say it but during the spring poker run, a couple of friends (one w/a 38 top gun and one with a 38 formula) had enough of dealing with site six and windsor and rushed the gate at the marina launch ramp to get their boats out. They were approached by the staff and in a "kinda" nice way told they will not be able to launch or pull out after may 1st. No boats over 30 feet is what they were told.
The whole thing REALLY sucks, because lets face it, if your boat is over 30 to 35 feet you can't really launch at site six depending on lake levels (trailers hit the concrete at the end of the ramp) and windsor is so pourly marked and shallow you cant get a larger boat in there safely on a busy weekend (two friends hit the ground w/Hering props).
I guess all the people who don't want larger boats on havasu (HavasuCig has a good story about that one) will be happy, but I'll miss 'em. Even if I'll never be able to afford a 1.5 million dollar 160 mph skater I sure as hell like looking at it haul ass past me with a huge frickin rooster!;)
Unfortunately, some of the damage has been done. Alot of the spring heatwave participants said they will not return to Havasu until the issue is resolved and they can launch at the "public ramp".........bummer!:(

Debbolas
05-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Kwicherbichen
On a similar note, My boat made the cover! A small picture but still cool :D Aside from my boat, 3 girls from the Kwicherbichen Bikini Team also made the cover. The 2 girls in the Laser are Ginger (right) and Eden (left). The girls sitting in my boat is Kendra. It's pretty cool seeing your ride in the mag.
cute kids!!;)

Essex502
05-13-2004, 01:17 PM
If the marina is on land leased from the public, I would assume an Arizona resident could sue the marina for failure to perform according to the lease. It seems reasonable to me. Any lawyers out there to render an opinion? Could a private individual sue a private company to force said company to adhere to the lease aggreement for public lands? It would seem that an Arizona resident is an "interested party" to such a lawsuit. Maybe you'd have to sue the public agency that leased the land to the Marina to force them to either compel the marina to properly serve the needs of the boating public or terminate the lease with the Marina.

Havasu Cig
05-13-2004, 01:47 PM
Good question, and by the way official documents show the City of Lake Havasu as owning the land.

ROZ
05-13-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
I would assume an Arizona resident could sue the marina for failure to perform according to the lease. It seems reasonable to me. Any lawyers out there to render an opinion? Could a private individual sue a private company to force said company to adhere to the lease aggreement for public lands? It would seem that an Arizona resident is an "interested party" to such a lawsuit. Maybe you'd have to sue the public agency that leased the land to the Marina to force them to either compel the marina to properly serve the needs of the boating public or terminate the lease with the Marina.
I think a lawsuit can be done. Afterall, the Boyscout's headquarters has to move off their city leased land because they lost in court over some type of discrimination....

C-2
05-13-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
If the marina is on land leased from the public, I would assume an Arizona resident could sue the marina for failure to perform according to the lease. It seems reasonable to me. Any lawyers out there to render an opinion? Could a private individual sue a private company to force said company to adhere to the lease aggreement for public lands? It would seem that an Arizona resident is an "interested party" to such a lawsuit. Maybe you'd have to sue the public agency that leased the land to the Marina to force them to either compel the marina to properly serve the needs of the boating public or terminate the lease with the Marina.
Essex is right on track. The first step is to obtain a copy of the lease and amendments to it over the years (if any exist).
Who in Havasu can do this? The city should have it someplace, failing that it might be recorded at the county recorder.

bigkatboat
05-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Havasu Cig, since YOU don't get it, Ill spell it out! The state leases the land around the lake on the east side. This state WANTS CASH!!! If "The Marina" bent YOU over and 'cash' came out, they (the state) get "a percentage" of the 'gross recepts'. I looked into a marina back in the 1980's and no one tried to stop me, except the STATE! This marina, along with all others in this state, MUST PAY a percentage of GROSS reciepts to the state for rent. I don't get YOUR position! You have had, a blown boat and an outboard boat, and now a larger boat, SO WHAT!! Do you think the state and any other private company that comes in your way is WRONG?? Back in the 1970's/ 1980's I would launch at Havasu Springs and drive/ski my blown (zoomies) flatbottom, all the way up to the city and "the marina". I "just found out" THINGS HAVE CHANGED!!!! NO MORE ZOOMIES!! NO MORE SMALL BOATS !! NO MORE NOISE !! I WILL JUST POUND MY FIST LIKE 'HAVASU CIG' and everything will CHANGE IN MY FAVOR! If I were as important as you, I would ORDER everone to do things "MY WAY", but I'm not so I'll just kick back and watch you "IMPORTANT GUYS" fight this one. PS, as stated in a previous post, I learned a lot under 'Jeff's' desk, so don't worry about me you A- ho^%s!

bigkatboat
05-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Havasu Cig, since YOU don't get it, Ill spell it out! The state leases the land around the lake on the east side. This state WANTS CASH!!! If "The Marina" bent YOU over and 'cash' came out, they (the state) get "a percentage" of the 'gross recepts'. I looked into a marina back in the 1980's and no one tried to stop me, except the STATE! This marina, along with all others in this state, MUST PAY a percentage of GROSS reciepts to the state for rent. I don't get YOUR position! You have had, a blown boat and an outboard boat, and now a larger boat, SO WHAT!! Do you think the state and any other private company that comes in your way is WRONG?? Back in the 1970's/ 1980's I would launch at Havasu Springs and drive/ski my blown (zoomies) flatbottom, all the way up to the city and "the marina". I "just found out" THINGS HAVE CHANGED!!!! NO MORE ZOOMIES!! NO MORE SMALL BOATS !! NO MORE NOISE !! I WILL JUST POUND MY FIST LIKE 'HAVASU CIG' and everything will CHANGE IN MY FAVOR! If I were as important as you, I would ORDER everone to do things "MY WAY", but I'm not so I'll just kick back and watch you "IMPORTANT GUYS" fight this one. PS, as stated in a previous post, I learned a lot under 'Jeff's' desk, so don't worry about me you A- ho^%s!

Kwicherbichen
05-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Hey I did like that part. :D :D :D
I posted congrats over in the just jets section here and over on RRL as well. Boat looks great Brian.
The models didn't look to shabby either. :D
Gracias, Jordy, Debolas, & Titties and Beer (I just like saying titties & beer. Kinda rolls right off the tounge all natural)

Boozer
05-15-2004, 01:54 AM
So let me get this straight.
The state charges the marina a percentage? No matter what the Marina makes the state gets a percentage. This means that when the marina charges somebody the launch fee then turns them away due to some bullshit reason of theirs they still take the money and get a percentage?
Seems like a win win deal to me. The marina gets the money and why is the state going to say no because they are going to take a percentage of tha money that was unethicaly collected.
Sounds to me like all of you who own Havasu houses need to become residents of the state.
Here in Colorado they rolled out photo radar. The biggest thing behind photo radar was that the pioneer of photo radar. The company offered these photo radar vehicles at a percentage whatever the state generated in tickets that the phto radar van generated the company wuld get a percentage. This had to be voted on. It was voted down. When photo radar was first introduced it was everywhere. The people had a say and the people voted. A bill was passed that required the state to buy the photo radar vehivle at a flate rate fee and no commissons would be paid to the company who provided the vehicle photo radar dissappeared.
Maybe something needs to be preseneted to the voters of havasu. A bill stating that the Marina pays one flat fee per month instead of a commission. When it happens the marina will no longer get the percentage and they will want all the business they can get. including business from 30' + boats. If they dont take the business they will lose the business. Once this bill is passed the state is going to allow other marinas to open because they charge a flat fee to new marinas. More marinas more money.
Those of you who rent to the snowbirds should understand that those snowbirds who "rent" you're property that you own are registered voters and voting to make havasu an old people friendly place. They dont give a shit about the lake because they're just there for the winter and golfing. Those people who rent from you vote AGAINST you! YOU as property owners need to take a stand and protect your property by making the lake a boater friendly place in every way. The more boater friendly the more money. The more money generated the more your property is worth and the more it will rent for to those snowbirds. They vote against you to keep the rent prices DOWN!

Havasu Cig
05-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by bigkatboat
Dipshit,
My point is that in the lease agreement with the City of Lake Havasu, per people I talkled to at the City, they are required to provide service to the boaters of LHC.
I inquired about opening another marina and was told by these City Officials that the Lake Havau Marina has the first right of refusal because of their lease agreement. Per public records the City of Lake Havasu owns the land the Marina sits on, not the state. You might want to look into it again because these are current public records I am talking about.
As far as wanting things my way that is bullshit. The Marina neeeds to enforce the same standards for all boats. If weight is the issue then the cruisers that they rent slips to and let use the ramp should not be allowed to do so.
If noise is the problem then they should require mufflers, which by the way I have on my boat. And your argument abut Zoomies is bogus because they violate state law. My boat is legal and there is no valid reason it should be banned from the ramp at the Marina.
The problem with the Marina is the selectively pick who can and can not use their ramp based on who you are or what you boat looks like.
When I was still allowed to launch there I had the guards at the gate tell me that I need to watch the noise in the Marina just becaus the way my boat looks. They had no idea that it had mufflers on it, but since it is a big boat with a colorful paint job it must be loud.
I think we all know the real problem with the marina, and that is Jeff. Shit, he even told me in person that all people with big boats are assholes so I think we know the real reason why they are being selective with who can use the ramp.
If competition was allowed to come in and build another protected ramp without the Marina blocking it that would be great. Like I stated above the City said that has little chance of happening because the Marina holds all the cards.
Since I own a home in LHC I have a right to look after my interest as well. If LHC becomes a place that boaters avoid due to problems it could have an effect on the housing prices in the City. There are already several boaters that said they will not return because of the Marina's policy. This is taking money away from the City.
If you owned a vacation home in LHC and spent several hundred thousand dollars on a boat with the protected ramp at the Marina weighing in on your decision to purchase said boat, you would be a little upset when the only safe ramp in the City is now suddenly off limits.
It basically comes down to the Marina living up to it's obligations. If the lease says they have to do certain things to stay in business, then it should be enforced.

Essex502
05-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
I think a lawsuit can be done. Afterall, the Boyscout's headquarters has to move off their city leased land because they lost in court over some type of discrimination....
The Boy Scouts don't allow gays to be scoutmasters.

Essex502
05-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
Dipshit,
My point is that in the lease agreement with the City of Lake Havasu, per people I talkled to at the City, they are required to provide service to the boaters of LHC.
I inquired about opening another marina and was told by these City Officials that the Lake Havau Marina has the first right of refusal because of their lease agreement. Per public records the City of Lake Havasu owns the land the Marina sits on, not the state. You might want to look into it again because these are current public records I am talking about.
As far as wanting things my way that is bullshit. The Marina neeeds to enforce the same standards for all boats. If weight is the issue then the cruisers that they rent slips to and let use the ramp should not be allowed to do so.
If noise is the problem then they should require mufflers, which by the way I have on my boat. And your argument abut Zoomies is bogus because they violate state law. My boat is legal and there is no valid reason it should be banned from the ramp at the Marina.
The problem with the Marina is the selectively pick who can and can not use their ramp based on who you are or what you boat looks like.
When I was still allowed to launch there I had the guards at the gate tell me that I need to watch the noise in the Marina just becaus the way my boat looks. They had no idea that it had mufflers on it, but since it is a big boat with a colorful paint job it must be loud.
I think we all know the real problem with the marina, and that is Jeff. Shit, he even told me in person that all people with big boats are assholes so I think we know the real reason why they are being selective with who can use the ramp.
If competition was allowed to come in and build another protected ramp without the Marina blocking it that would be great. Like I stated above the City said that has little chance of happening because the Marina holds all the cards.
Since I own a home in LHC I have a right to look after my interest as well. If LHC becomes a place that boaters avoid due to problems it could have an effect on the housing prices in the City. There are already several boaters that said they will not return because of the Marina's policy. This is taking money away from the City.
If you owned a vacation home in LHC and spent several hundred thousand dollars on a boat with the protected ramp at the Marina weighing in on your decision to purchase said boat, you would be a little upset when the only safe ramp in the City is now suddenly off limits.
It basically comes down to the Marina living up to it's obligations. If the lease says they have to do certain things to stay in business, then it should be enforced.
So who's gonna' look into the issues of the lease? Who's a resident of LHC - not a vacation owner like ourselvs?