PDA

View Full Version : One hell of a boss

Boozer
05-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Today was the day I have been waiting for for some time now. The day I could finally tell my boss I had other job prospects lined up and that I was going to leaving the company to pursue further interests. I did so and got a complete surprise.
My boss is unlike any boss I have ever had. She expects more out of people then 99% of people can deliver due to this we reffer to her as "The Bull." Well today she totally redeemed herself. After telling her I wanted to resign I expected her to give me the normal routine and say "There's the door don't let it hit you in the ass on your way out, if you think you can make more money in todays economy then you just go ahead and do it." Not the case at all. She actually asked me why I wanted to leave and if there was anything she could do to keep me from doing so. I explained to her that I just wasnt having fun, didn't enjoy doing what I did and making less money didn't matter at this point. To my surprise she pulled up the company website and found a position for an indirect territory rep in the I.E. then told me to let her know if I wanted the job in the morning.
Since my discussion with my boss I have researched the position quite a bit. Tomorrow morning her and I are going to send in a request that I be transfered to the position. The new job is basically a party because I'll be putting together contests, promotions, and be hosting parties for indirect dealers. Not to mention I still have the freedom I do now and not going to be stuck behind a desk all day. I'd be able to sit behind a desk all day but it would be a huge change from what I am doing now. The best part is that I wont be taking nearly as much of a hit in the pocket book as I was planning. Not to mention they are even going to offer me a decent relocation package. The company has a temporary hiring freeze that may prevent me from transfering until the end of the month but my boss has pulled strings before to get things to happen even during a hiring freeze so cross your fingers and pray that I will once again have a 909 area code (909 for now anyway).
All I can say is that I am damn lucky to have a boss as good as mine. I can only hope that my new boss will even be half as considerate as my current. It's not everyday that you can work for a huge corporation and have a company that cares about your happiness just as much as they do their customers. The last 2 companies I worked for treated their employees as a commodity easy come, easy go.
With that said who can I expect to see floating around Lake Elsinore? My little 19' dingy won't be seeing the waters of Havasu but it will definitely be spending some time on Elsinore.

Scream
05-12-2004, 04:38 PM
"I love it when a plan comes together"...
Good luck Boozer and Welcome back to the 909
Scream <---- It's all good:) :)

Ultra5150
05-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Don't forget us when you start hosting some of those parties.
Best of luck to you!!
Oh yeah, dont forget your California boat tax on your way in.

Boozer
05-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Ultra5150
Don't forget us when you start hosting some of those parties.
Best of luck to you!!
Oh yeah, dont forget your California boat tax on your way in.
Boat tax? WTF?

riverbound
05-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Congrats Boozer, Which company do you work for?

Boozer
05-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by riverbound
Congrats Boozer, Which company do you work for?
T-Mobile.
If you guys deal for them I may end up becoming your rep.

riverbound
05-12-2004, 05:17 PM
we do deal for t-mobile now but our rep sucks so we dont sell any phones.

Boozer
05-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by riverbound
we do deal for t-mobile now but our rep sucks so we dont sell any phones.
Well if all goes well and I can get your store I wont suck, however I might work a deal where RD gives hand jobs if you guys sale enough. Pretty good deal I think.

Mandelon
05-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Nice to hear some good news. That is pretty cool. Good for you.
Are you gonna tow the bayliner behind a U-haul??? :D

Boozer
05-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Nice to hear some good news. That is pretty cool. Good for you.
Are you gonna tow the bayliner behind a U-haul??? :D
F*ck no. I wouldn't load my worst enemies sh*t in a UHaul for a thousand mile drive let alone my own.
Company is going to pay a moving company to move my stuff for me most likely. I'll be towing the Bayliner behind the truck that it smashed into a few weeks back.

Debbolas
05-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Congrats on your new job, it sounds like fun!
Hope you will be happy and we will see you at Elsinore!;)

riverbound
05-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
Well if all goes well and I can get your store I wont suck, however I might work a deal where RD gives hand jobs if you guys sale enough. Pretty good deal I think.
Thats not going to motivate my guys to sell phones:(

JetBoatRich
05-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Glad to see it all worked out for you:D looking for a new job in the morning and landing one in the afternoon:eek: with the same company.
Good luck on the new position:cool:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Very cool! Glad to hear it. You might run into us at elsinore. I don't pay boat tax because my boat is too old. :D Just my $15 every two years.
Why can't you take it to Havasu? Mine is only 20' and I take mine there sometimes. :confused:

Boozer
05-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Sportin' Wood
Very cool! Glad to hear it. You might run into us at elsinore. I don't pay boat tax because my boat is too old. :D Just my $15 every two years.
Why can't you take it to Havasu? Mine is only 20' and I take mine there sometimes. :confused:
Yours is probably laid up a lot better then mine. I'm scared to run my boat in 1 1/2' chop let alone 3-4' chop. Bayliner vs Hallett. BIG difference.
Seriously though. What's the deal with this boat tax? Out here I pay $24.25 a year to register and that's it.

Debbolas
05-12-2004, 07:07 PM
we had a 97 Sea Ray and paid about $200 a year in boat property tax (for the schools)
Registration was cheap (cheaper than car registration)

JetBoatRich
05-12-2004, 07:09 PM
My boat tax runs $60 a year:mad:

Sportin' Wood
05-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Yours is probably laid up a lot better then mine. I'm scared to run my boat in 1 1/2' chop let alone 3-4' chop. Bayliner vs Hallett. BIG difference.
Seriously though. What's the deal with this boat tax? Out here I pay $24.25 a year to register and that's it.
Dude! 3-4 foot of chop aint gonna kill your boat, Just put on a life jacket and pound a few more beers and haul ass. I'm sure you have way more freeboard then our old jetboat and we have been beat to death out at Mead. ( Its probably a good idea to get off that lake when the lights on the buoy's start going off) Wife and friend drunk off there a$$es screaming FASTER FASTER!
Either way We are 10 minutes from smEllsomemore
I'm thinking about switching to T. Mobile from Nextel for my business, The rep down here says I can save $300.00 bucks a month on my bill????? Get your a$$ down here so I can save more.:wink:

Kachina26
05-12-2004, 07:53 PM
I might just switch from Verizon for one of those RD HJ's:D We've always got room in Cali for one more. Just kick someone out on your way in. Don't worry about the boat tax, with the money you save by not having car insurance you'll be cool. Just make sure they don't get your license plate after you hit em and your off scott free.

CEO
05-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Boozer, if you make it to the "909" give me a buzz. I live in the "909" and love the "909" Chino, Ca

Boozer
05-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by CEO
Boozer, if you make it to the "909" give me a buzz. I live in the "909" and love the "909" Chino, Ca
Trust me I'll make it. I grew up in Chino and miss it. I didn't miss the traffic and smog but now it's just as bad here. I'll give u a buzz for sure.
Hopefully things go well out there and I can stay for more then 6 months this time.

Boozer
05-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Sportin' Wood
Dude! 3-4 foot of chop aint gonna kill your boat, Just put on a life jacket and pound a few more beers and haul ass. I'm sure you have way more freeboard then our old jetboat and we have been beat to death out at Mead. ( Its probably a good idea to get off that lake when the lights on the buoy's start going off) Wife and friend drunk off there a$$es screaming FASTER FASTER!
Either way We are 10 minutes from smEllsomemore
I'm thinking about switching to T. Mobile from Nextel for my business, The rep down here says I can save $300.00 bucks a month on my bill????? Get your a$$ down here so I can save more.:wink:
Check your PM's

dmontzsta
05-12-2004, 08:17 PM
You can catch me in Elsinore or Perris most of the time. Hey, my contract ends with Verizon in September, I think I am going to leave them, my 6 years have been fun, but their phones suck now. We just got T-Mobile phones for work, I am going to get one for my personal. Can you hook me up? :) If you were here 1 month ago I could of got you a deal for 8 phones at once. We got the Sony Ericson T610? the little silver/black camera phone, one of the best phones I have seen. Does everything I need and more, I cant think of anything better.
Welcome to the IE.

Boozer
05-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
You can catch me in Elsinore or Perris most of the time. Hey, my contract ends with Verizon in September, I think I am going to leave them, my 6 years have been fun, but their phones suck now. We just got T-Mobile phones for work, I am going to get one for my personal. Can you hook me up? :) If you were here 1 month ago I could of got you a deal for 8 phones at once. We got the Sony Ericson T610? the little silver/black camera phone, one of the best phones I have seen. Does everything I need and more, I cant think of anything better.
Welcome to the IE.
The T610 is an awesome phone but it has to many bells and whistles for most consumers. If I tried to give one to my grandparents they'd throw the thing in the garbage within a week because it woudl confuse the shit out of them.
I have a T610 I use personally and have been pretty happy with it. It doesn't hold a candle to my blackberry though.

Boozer
05-12-2004, 08:28 PM
I'm off to bed but before I go I just wanted to thank you all for the kind words of encouragement and especially thank those of you who gave me info on jobs that were out there. If you guys had not done that for me I would have never known about the oppurtunities that await me.
This day started as a real downer but you guys made not only my day better but who knows maybe my whole life???
Thanks!
-Boozer (Off to have some California dreams)

dmontzsta
05-12-2004, 08:37 PM
The T610 is an awesome phone but it has to many bells and whistles for most consumers. If I tried to give one to my grandparents they'd throw the thing in the garbage within a week because it woudl confuse the shit out of them.
I have a T610 I use personally and have been pretty happy with it. It doesn't hold a candle to my blackberry though.
You are right about the bells and whistles and the ring tones are pretty gay as well. Good thing my friend got a blue tooth adapter and get the downloaded ring tones free now (our boss is too tight to get t-zones). I am not one for the bells and whistles, just give me a nice ring tone a full phone book and I am happy. :)

DryHeatOnly
05-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Welcome back to the 909 Boozer. I agree w/MrsSW...you'll be fine with the Bayliner at the river. Just keep it on the river - not the lake. There's no chop at the Sandbar!