PDA

View Full Version : 1986 20’ 6” Eliminator Scorpion

superV
05-13-2004, 08:11 AM
FOR SALE (Price lowered)
(Posting for a friend)
1986 20’ 6” Eliminator Scorpion, Modified, Vee Bottom Hydroplane.
Five color let down on a black base gelcoat, chocolate brown to tan with an orange outline.
Custom interior to include gunwale seats over tunnels - no tears or fading.
Full instrumentation. Nordskog speedo, trim, water temp, water pressure, digital tachometer, and fuel.
Bottom blueprinted and speed-coated.
Foot throttle, and trim/tilt on floor. Once you shift into gear you do not have to remove your hands from the steering wheel.
2 – 20 gallon aluminum gunwale fuel tanks with SS braided line to fuel pump.
Fuel pickups opened up to ½”
Aluminum billet manual fuel switch valve.
Custom made aluminum and Stainless steel ski pole.
Navigation lights
Three bilge pumps. One in each sponson and one in the center pod.
Opposing entry rack and pinion steering to counteract torque.
6” Eliminator anodized setback bracket.
Custom made aluminum after planes over tunnels with stainless steel turnbuckles.
Boat has very few scratches from use. I can only find one stress crack on one of the sponsons. If you know anything about Eliminator, this will not surprise you.
Boat is in excellent condition and has been stored inside except when on the water.
1990 Johnson 225 Outboard
This is a fresh outboard with 3 hours break-in time only, on complete repower.
Powerhead was new from Southwest Marine to include;
New pistons, rings, seals, bearings, and gaskets.
Reed banks have been cleaned, blueprinted, and have Boyensen single stage reeds.
Engine has been deburred in intake and all water passages.
Six brand new carburetors, with new bodies, and new internal kits.
New powerpack.
6 new coils.
6 new spark plug wires.
New plugs.
Tested and tuned by professional boat shop.
1976 Roadrunner tandem axle trailer. Tires have good tread.
I am asking $9,000.00 for the entire package. I will consider delivering the boat within 350 miles of St. Louis, Missouri for $0.37 a mile.
Joel West
:cool:

superV
05-13-2004, 08:14 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/475westboat01.jpg

superV
05-13-2004, 08:15 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/475westboat02.jpg

superV
05-13-2004, 08:16 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/475westboat03.jpg

superV
05-13-2004, 10:19 AM
TTT;)

Old Walrus
05-14-2004, 06:27 AM
Help me out.
Sure wish someone would take an interest in my Scorpion. $9000.00 is a drop in the bucket. I want to buy a Harley and the wife say's only one toy at a time. I know alot of you don't like them for one reason or another. The truth of the matter is, that I haven't had one lick of trouble with mine. I have been very happy with the performance, the way it takes a set, and the way the boat turns. I had the bottom printed after about 6 months, and she runs like a scalded rat.
You will get wet if you cross a wake wrong, but hey who's perfect. I see that people are buying the hell out of the Liberator, Uh - Can we say same boat?
Oh well, if no one wants it I will buy the Harley anyway and listen to the perrinial crabbing. So please someone could save me by buying the Scorpion.
The Old Walrus

Old Walrus
06-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Hey guys, I really want to sell this rig. No matter what the forums say, it is a sweet setup. Just bought a new 2004 Ford F-350 dually and need some cash. I have done a lot of work to it to get the max out of the hull. I will seperate the boat, motor, and spare parts if someone wants to make an offer or I have lowered the package price to $8500.00
The Old Walrus
joelwest@charter.net

hboldno7
06-09-2004, 02:15 PM
I bet if you lived out west it would sell pretty Quick. 9k is a bargain.

HammerDown
06-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Same Boat out here with a pump and BBC is going for $12.500 (firm)! Original owner.