PDA

View Full Version : The difference between us and them.

BUSTI
05-14-2004, 12:49 PM
With all the discussion about the war our country is in I would like to offer this as a fudamental reason why much of the world hates the US.
First of all I have been an observer of people and philosophy all my life and I am an objectivist in the Ayn Rand sense. I studied at the Nathaniel Brandon institute in the late 60's and I am dedicated to the world of reason and logic.
Only college professors and the liberal elite believe that to generalize is not good and should not be done Let me say this........
GENERALIZATION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL WISDOM! (most of the time there are exeptions).
I have have found, generally, that you can tell alot about a person, a group, or a country by who hates it than by whom its friends are! If you are good and we are......then we are defined by who hates us not by who likes us. The French like us they are just jeolous of us. The Spainards like us but does that tell us much about who we are? Hell they'll like anybody. Rarely do your friends define who you are.
The people that hate this country are the communist, the facists, the Arab/Muslim world and other collectivist groups world wide. Notice the similiarity herE they all deny people their freedom. Notice that not one of our mortal enemies stated above is a republic that respects or provides ito its people ndividual freedoms including freedon of religion, property rights, and the right to self government? And they all hate us. They hate us because we do provide these freedoms and hold them paramount in our lives. Don't you think this says more about us than who like us?
If you want to demostrate to some one what is the difference between America and the rest of the world and especially our enemies...............
You only have to go to our currency and it is printed right there:
LIBERTY
IN GOD WE TRUST
E PLURIBUS UNUM
Liberty and the word is self evident here in America. We are free to pursue our own life and happines.
In God we trust recognizes this country was founded by those that sought freedom of religion and that morality transends personal opinion and whims of the gang. And today it has come to mean we as a nation live by a set of standards whether you are a religious person or not....we recognise good and evil, right and wrong.
E pluribus unum: from many comes one. Tthat we are all united in our loyalty to our country. Because we are country of immigrants with all varied backgrounds and ethnicities yet we come together under one flag and cherish what we have created as the American way!
Just my 2 cents!

Kilrtoy
05-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Right on BUSTI

little rowe boat
05-14-2004, 12:59 PM
We have the ability to kill everyone of our enemies and don't.They don't have the ability to kill everyone of us but if they could they would do it.The difference is that we are a nation,that tries to do good all over the world and constantly gets slapped down for it. We should help our friends and allies,then tell the rest of the world they can fend for themselves.

HighRoller
05-14-2004, 01:25 PM
I boil it down to one simple factor;the have-nots will always hate the haves. Poor people will always hate rich people. France will always hate the US because when the Germans were rolling over everyone those French pussies were powerless to stop them and we had to save their asses. Muslim fascists will always hate us because we allow our citizens freedom of thought and expression.(Even the women!)The muslim world as a majority is very quiet and pacified, allowing themselves to be bullied by thugs like Saddam and the Taliban. Mexico will always hate us because we have indoor plumbing and running water. Either that or they'll pack their worldly possessions in a ziploc bag and move here. The Mexicans whine about being under the control of a repressive bunch of controlling regimes and that's why life is so bad. They say we don't understand their problems. Excuse me, but we had the same problem and we took care of it. Now we have freedom. There's more of you than them, so get busy and have a revolution of your own!

Blown 472
05-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Or simply they hate us because of arrogant ****s like you Busti.

BUSTI
05-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Blown could be....but now likely.
Maybe they dislike us because of wrong thinking people , imean asses like Blown!

Blown 472
05-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by BUSTI
Blown could be....but now likely.
Maybe they dislike us because of wrong thinking people , imean asses like Blown!
Busti, where was your battle cry when Mcveye blew up that building? he hated the government and killed a bunch of people. Did you lead the call to nuke all whites?

twistedpair
05-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Why don't you go get a hooker or something, 472. Or let off some steam or keep your snipes to yourself. Arrogant?, look in the mirror Dick.

Blown 472
05-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by twistedpair
Why don't you go get a hooker or something, 472. Or let off some steam or keep your snipes to yourself. Arrogant?, look in the mirror Dick.
Dick? hummm now thats nice.

twistedpair
05-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Ohyeah, I guess i should have said "arrogant ****', that's apparently acceptable.:rolleyes:

Blown 472
05-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by twistedpair
Ohyeah, I guess i should have said "arrogant ****', that's apparently acceptable.:rolleyes:
You're right, too harsh, sorry.

Kilrtoy
05-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Did you lead the call to nuke all whites
The brother man has.....
Relax everyone

What's Poppin'
05-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Why is it anytime someone offers an alternate opinion on these boards, people fell the need to attack them. I don't necessarily agree with either, but to respond by behaving like school yard bullies is soooo inappropriate.
As for freedom, we as Americans have the freedom to bitch and complain, unlike these 3rd world countries, after that freedom is a real mystery. We are free to watch gas prices rise when there has been no substatial proof as to why, and we can nothing about it. We are free to watch young men and women sent off to fight a war and sometimes die, for reasons that have proven to be false, and yet our leader didn't have the balls to do what he so willing to send our kids over there to do.
So, I think our time, as well as my own, would be better spent philisophising (sp) to our local bureaucrats and further up if necessary to improve our own qualifty of life, because many brave Americans gave us the right to do just that and not waste all this energy calling each other childish names.....my .02.

eliminatedsprinter
05-14-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Or simply they hate us because of arrogant ****s like you Busti.
I disagree I do not find him arrogant at all.
He is confident. He is self motivated. He is proud of what he has done and he is proud of what his nation has accomplished. He also seems to think that respect is like money in as much as both should be learned....:cool:
Sorry 472
I'm far from rich, but I'm not quick to insult or try to put down those who are. Especially when they are so willing to share with us that attitude that helped them get that way. :cool:
Busti, Highroller, and some of the other sucessfull people on these boards seem to spend a lot of time here attepting to teach us some basic economics etc... And what do they get in return. Called arrogant. Go figure.......

Dave C
05-14-2004, 03:38 PM
busti.. makes some sense. Don't know about that generalization part. There are seditious citizens born and bred in our country
Hate is a powerful word. I don't think the Europeans or most of the world "hate" us, per se, but rather they are jealous, mainly because they are powerless to stop us. Animosity is different than hate.
Yes, the fascists hate us and would kill as many of us as possible.

eliminatedsprinter
05-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
busti.. makes some sense. Don't know about that generalization part. There are seditious citizens born and bred in our country
Hate is a powerful word. I don't think the Europeans or most of the world "hate" us, per se, but rather they are jealous, mainly because they are powerless to stop us. Animosity is different than hate.
Yes, the fascists hate us and would kill as many of us as possible.
Gereralizations are ok as long as they don't lead to stereotyping of individuals.

MagicMtnDan
05-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Right on Busti.
As for Blown 472 - he is a self-described shit-stirrer and his avatar lists him as an "AssClown Troll."
I like his style - he gets in your face sometimes but he's not a prick about it. Just likes to have fun and keep folks from taking themselves too seriously (watch - he'll tell me I'm way off base on that).

BUSTI
05-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Sprinter,
Thank you for your observations. My modest properity is so appreciated by me and mine. I credit it to first that I live in a place where we have the freedom to accomplish what we want! And secondly I have a great wife who has stood by me for years. 3rdly I am lucky to have had my hard work pay off.
I love this country because it has given me so much. Every day since I viewed that brutal butchery of Nick Berg I have had tears in my etes thinking of him and his family. Every day I go to sleep thanking the brave men and women that are fighting and dieing for us to have the opportuniies we have ......thank God for those kids!
We are differnt and our country is different. In America your life will be as good as you make it. I only advocate the destruction of truely bad people. Unfortunately some innocents may die as a result. And that makes me sad...........but its not our fault if they do.
I appreciate this forum and the challenging debates we all have. I have yet to meet a fellow hot boater from these boards that I dislike. Even those that argue the other side.
With all this sadness in the world I gots to get to the river! My wife and I leave at 6 to Parker for a week end of fun in the sun and I can hardley wait to fire up the ol Sanger! I will be Riverland and look for my Chocloate brown Sanger stop by and lets throw back a few!
See Ya!

eliminatedsprinter
05-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by BUSTI
Sprinter,
Thank you for your observations. My modest properity is so appreciated by me and mine. I credit it to first that I live in a place where we have the freedom to accomplish what we want! And secondly I have a great wife who has stood by me for years. 3rdly I am lucky to have had my hard work pay off.
I love this country because it has given me so much. Every day since I viewed that brutal butchery of Nick Berg I have had tears in my etes thinking of him and his family. Every day I go to sleep thanking the brave men and women that are fighting and dieing for us to have the opportuniies we have ......thank God for those kids!
We are differnt and our country is different. In America your life will be as good as you make it. I only advocate the destruction of truely bad people. Unfortunately some innocents may die as a result. And that makes me sad...........but its not our fault if they do.
I appreciate this forum and the challenging debates we all have. I have yet to meet a fellow hot boater from these boards that I dislike. Even those that argue the other side.
With all this sadness in the world I gots to get to the river! My wife and I leave at 6 to Parker for a week end of fun in the sun and I can hardley wait to fire up the ol Sanger! I will be Riverland and look for my Chocloate brown Sanger stop by and lets throw back a few!
See Ya!
Thanks for the offer!
However, I won't be there this weekend. But Jackpunx will. He's a great guy. Have some fun with him in place of me..:D :cool:

Blown 472
05-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Right on Busti.
As for Blown 472 - he is a self-described shit-stirrer and his avatar lists him as an "AssClown Troll."
I like his style - he gets in your face sometimes but he's not a prick about it. Just likes to have fun and keep folks from taking themselves too seriously (watch - he'll tell me I'm way off base on that).
Nope, nail on the head.
Just when someone starts talking about wiping out races of people due to a group of bad ones it kinda pisses me off. I have muslim friends and they dont want to kill anyone.