PDA

View Full Version : Missed 2 b-days this morning

Ntwotrance
05-14-2004, 08:21 PM
happy b=day Cas and Sportin wood...got Grapeape and Mrs. sandbar junkie this morning....

FMluvswater
05-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Belated Happy Birthday Cas! :)
Belated Happy Birthday Sportin Wood! :)

Cas
05-14-2004, 09:51 PM
thanks you 2! :)
by the looks of the people that had birthdays today, I'm the old fart :D

FMluvswater
05-14-2004, 09:52 PM
You seem young at heart to me. :)

Boozer
05-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Happy B-Day to all of you. I hope you have all had awesome b-days!
Mr. Sportin Wood hit the big 21 today so lets congradulate him on now being able to legally gamble, drink, and by hookers!

Dr. Eagle
05-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Have a wonderful day to all of you having birthdays.......

HCS
05-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Have a wonderful day to all of you having birthdays.......
The days over. DUH....

Boozer
05-14-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
The days over. DUH....
And hopefully they are getting their bed time birthday surprises right now.

Cas
05-14-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm gonna get the best surprise, a good full nights sleep.....my wife is on her annual girl trip to Lake Tahoe. Speaking of which, the girl trips used to consist of bar hopping, gambling, dancing...ya know, all the fun stuff. Now, my mother in law is going with a couple of her friends. They all were bringing knitting crap, sewing patterns, etc.....I think my wife packed 5 pairs of flannel pj's :D

Cas
05-14-2004, 10:24 PM
thanks FM :)
btw, that must mean you think I'm a fiesty old fart huh? :D

HCS
05-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Or maybe just a fart.

FMluvswater
05-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Cas
thanks FM :)
btw, that must mean you think I'm a fiesty old fart huh? :D
Your posts are fun to read when you are being sociable. :D

Cas
05-14-2004, 10:32 PM
it just takes me longer to think things up. The way things work now, I read something and think of a response a day later. By that time, the thread I wanted to post to has scrolled off the first page and I forget to look for it. ;) :p

FMluvswater
05-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Cas
it just takes me longer to think things up. The way things work now, I read something and think of a response a day later. By that time, the thread I wanted to post to has scrolled off the first page and I forget to look for it. ;) :p
Is that a sign of being unyoung? :confused: Dayyymmn! Happens to me all the time at 34 :D I have memory issues unrelated to my computer. :(

Cas
05-14-2004, 10:41 PM
hey, I'm just celebrating the 13th anniversary of my 34th birthday.......we're almost the same age :D

Cas
05-14-2004, 10:41 PM
could be a lack of sleep too,....

FMluvswater
05-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Cas
hey, I'm just celebrating the 13th anniversary of my 34th birthday.......we're almost the same age :D
Almost. :D
I have sleep issues unrelated to caffeine consumption (I was uncaffeinated for 2 years and had the same sleep issues as now).
:) I bet it does affect my memory. Never really considered that.

JetBoatRich
05-14-2004, 10:46 PM
How did you lets that get by:rolleyes:
Happy Birthday:D

Cas
05-14-2004, 10:53 PM
thanks JBR!
FM, have you tried Ambien? It's a great halucinagetic (sp) if you still can't sleep...stuff is great, makes pictures on the wall come to life, keyboard just might talk back to you....never know what's going to happen

FMluvswater
05-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Nope I haven't tried that. Occasionally I treat myself to turning off the puter, ALL the lights, unplugging my phone and I take a Sleep Eez extra strength and just sleep however long I can. Longest so far is 9 hours. Usually it's more like between 4 and 5 hours at a stretch. But I can nap for about 90 min during the day if I'm very exhausted. If I do one of them 9 hour dealios it throws me off and I end up being sleepless for more than 24 hours but sometimes the trade off is worth it. :)

Cas
05-14-2004, 11:05 PM
see if you can't get a prescription for Ambien, it's well worth it. :)Any of those over the counter drugs give me a hangover feeling.
Ambien takes the edge off in a major way, will give you a good 6-7 hrs sleep. Ask a Dr about it.

FMluvswater
05-14-2004, 11:12 PM
If it's addictive in the least I'd be worried about becoming reliant on it but I will ask my doctor about it. Thanks for the ideas Cas. :)

FMluvswater
05-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Did you have birthday cake? :)

Cas
05-14-2004, 11:19 PM
It's been said Ambien can be addictive. The Dr will give it to you for a couple of months then switch over to something else for a little while.
Good Luck with it FM! I know what it's like not being able to sleep. I went through a tough period of time where I slept a couple of hours a night, at the most. The good thing is there are any number of good drugs out there that can help now. When I went through it, Valium was about it and it didn't do didly squat for me. Next thing was smoking a joint but that always made me sick so I couldn't do it much.
Rockabye baby on the tree top
when the wind blows the cradle will rock
that helping at all? :rolleyes:

FMluvswater
05-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Cas
It's been said Ambien can be addictive. The Dr will give it to you for a couple of months then switch over to something else for a little while.
Good Luck with it FM! I know what it's like not being able to sleep. I went through a tough period of time where I slept a couple of hours a night, at the most. The good thing is there are any number of good drugs out there that can help now. When I went through it, Valium was about it and it didn't do didly squat for me. Next thing was smoking a joint but that always made me sick so I couldn't do it much.
Rockabye baby on the tree top
when the wind blows the cradle will rock
that helping at all? :rolleyes:
Thanks Cas. The lullaby helped. I'm feeling verrrry sleepy now ;) but not so sleepy that I can't serenade you now ...
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Caaaaaa aaasss
Happy Birthday to you ... and many morrrrrre! :D

Cas
05-14-2004, 11:24 PM
now go to bed ;)

FMluvswater
05-14-2004, 11:31 PM
Okay I think I really should. It'll take me a while to fall asleep and my kiddo wakes up at like 7 AM. I know how this will go. I'll go to bed 1ish fall asleep 230ish wake up 5ish stubbornly try to go back to sleep finally succeed at 630 and then I'll hear "Mom can you play the Sims for me now?" at 7 AM sharp. :rolleyes: :D Gosh now that made me tired just thinking about it, lol.
Goodnight Cas. Thanks for everything. :)
Again- a belated happy birthday to you. Night night. :) :sleeping:

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Happy belated birthday from the Vee's .. hope everyone's day was a great one.. ;)

RiverForUs
05-15-2004, 12:25 AM
....for birthdays around here. My oldest son turned 6 today. I took a 3-day weekend to help him celebrate. His 3 y/o brother, 4 y/o cousin and I delivered 3 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts to his class for his morning recess. At lunch the wife joined us in delivering 3 pizzas for the whole class along with juice and snacks. He was the King for the day. Saturday is T-ball with B-Day pool party afterwords. Sunday is his choice of what to do.
Happy birthday to all of the other May 14'ers out there!:) :D

Boozer
05-15-2004, 01:21 AM
I'm just typing here because I am post whoring right now.