PDA

View Full Version : Got Tonadoes?

maxwedge
04-02-2006, 04:19 PM
So I'm hanging out in the basement right now with the laptop...listening to the lovely sound of tornado sirens. Always a nice way to spend a Saturday night... :eek: See what you guys are missing out west. :crossx:

maxwedge
04-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Come to think of it this is Sunday Huh... Never claimed I wasn't drinking :D

ROZ
04-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Hope ya don't loose power ! That'll throw ya into HB Jonsing mode real quick :D
Hopefully everything up top will be okay when you go back upstairs :)

maxwedge
04-02-2006, 04:30 PM
It's on a wireless network that's hooked in to an uniterupted power supply, so as long as I don't lose the phone line, I should still be able to get my fix. :D

meaniam
04-02-2006, 04:37 PM
i really hope everything is ok for you and your family. after the storm.
good luck

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Sounds like a party, man. :D Hope everything turns out alright.

maxwedge
04-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Sounds like the worst is passed now. It's still thunder storming like a MOFO though. Radio says may have been some touchdowns a few miles from here and, heres a big surprise....sounds like there's some major damage to a trailer park just outside of town.
We're fine though. Thanks for the concern..

H20 Toie
04-02-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't get why people live in trailer parks in tornado country. everyone knows that there is a law that tornado's can't touch down unless there is a trailer around.

maxwedge
04-02-2006, 05:33 PM
So I'm listening to the "severe weather coverage" on the local am station. And they're talking about this little town, San Jose, about 25miles from here. Everybody pronounces it San Joe's. You get corrected by the locals if you pronounce it San Hose-ayy. People have been pronouncing it wrong for 100+years, and it's just stuck. Cracks me up. :D

maxwedge
04-02-2006, 05:50 PM
I don't get why people live in trailer parks in tornado country. everyone knows that there is a law that tornado's can't touch down unless there is a trailer around.
They are interviewing people from the trailer park right now, fortunately sounds like nobody hurt, and I don't want to stereotype anyone, but this guy has this total redneck accent, and he's saying, "Yeahh...man...there's uhh..well like we wus sittin here having a beer, an' didn' know nuttin wuz goin' on...an all the suudden the neighbors porch swing is like hittin my Camaro from the wind...an that's when we knew...sumthin wuz up...then there wuz this like sound, man,...and it's like the wind, only louder.. ya know?...an so I start yellin in the trailer to my ole' lady.." LMAO
I can't see this guy but somehow I know he's wearing a wife beater and has a chain wallet. :D