PDA

View Full Version : I just......

skeepwerkzaz
05-15-2004, 09:24 AM
GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!!!:D Sort of anticlimactic after 8 years :rolleyes: but a good feeling nonetheless. Now for a week-long bender!
Skeep

Tom Brown
05-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Congratulations, Skeep. Bottoms up! :D

Mandelon
05-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Congrats. Know any boat builders that are hiring???? :D

HCS
05-15-2004, 09:47 AM
Congratulations! Now what ya do?

Dr. Eagle
05-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by skeepwerkzaz
GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE!!!!!!!!!!!:D Sort of anticlimactic after 8 years :rolleyes: but a good feeling nonetheless. Now for a week-long bender!
Skeep
Congrats...... how many Freshman years did you do....... LOL....

Lightning
05-15-2004, 10:15 AM
That's pretty exciting.
It took you 8 years of college, very admirable. I think you have the award of career student, but you are way too dull to be called a student. :D
How many years after high school did you decide that you wanted to go to college?
Just effin with you, congrats!!! Now what are you going to do???

Kilrtoy
05-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Good Job, you finished and got that little piece of paper

Dr. Eagle
05-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Good Job, you finished and got that little piece of paper
Was the rest of that something like......now good luck finding a job, Kilr???;) ;) ;)

moonridge
05-15-2004, 10:58 AM
congrats!!! I wish I was graduating right now I got one year left! :(

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-15-2004, 11:00 AM
well congrats on the graduation.. now what are you gonna do when you grow up.. :D :D cause you are a toy's r us kid.. :D

slink
05-15-2004, 11:19 AM
8 yrs of college, there better be a DR. in front of your name..........WTF

Moe_Havi
05-15-2004, 11:34 AM
No more coeds. Just devorcees. I guess that could be a good thing.
Moe

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-15-2004, 02:06 PM
does anyone know what he graduated from?;)

skeepwerkzaz
05-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it did take me a while...but I didn't go right through. On a couple....work....off a couple etc..
Thanks for all of the kind words.
For those wondering I graduated from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, with a B.S. in Professional Aeronautics and a minor in Business Administration. As for work, I am going to try and stay as far away from that as possible. Anyone need a Q.C. guy/pilot/mechanic/beer disposal technician?
skeep

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-15-2004, 03:05 PM
:eek: wow congrats.. shouldn't matter to anyone how long it took you.. now you have it under your belt.. good job.. ;) :D

Froggystyle
05-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
:eek: wow congrats.. shouldn't matter to anyone how long it took you.. now you have it under your belt.. good job.. ;) :D
Send this post to Dad... ;)

dimarcobros
05-20-2004, 03:42 PM
Nice work, Congrats!!!!!
After I graduated I didn't do crap for a couple of months but bar tend and make river runs. those were the times.......maybe I should go back. :D
DMB

AZmike
05-20-2004, 03:52 PM
At least you finished, congrads.... I'm going back next semester after being out for like 4 years, its going to suck...

Dave C
05-20-2004, 03:56 PM
now that your done, my advice is to go back.
Now you have to get a job so no more debauchery unlike in college.
don't do it man, responsibility sucks!

FMluvswater
05-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Okay kinda cliche but ... ConGRADuations! :D :cool: Hope the time investment pays off for you in the long run. :)

AdrenelineOD
05-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Cool! Now you can live in poverty with class.:D
( untill things get started)

mbrown2
05-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Congrat's.....whether it helps you financially or not time will only tell, but the simple fact that you dedicated yourself to something that was a challenge for 8 years, says you will succeed.....or it means that you are dumb and it took you 4 years to long j/k:D :D
Great job....I went back for the degree when I was 26 and it was tougher than, but meant a lot more at 30 then it would have at 22

Jordy
05-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Congrats Clay. We'll be on Saguaro Sunday if you want to do some celebrating.
As far as it making a difference, it's hard to say. I'm sitting here looking at mine right now. It probably helped me get my job just for the fact that I have a degree, however, I haven't really done anything related to my major since I applied to law school right after I graduated. But hey, I have it and it looks good on my desk. :D :D :D

hd&boatrider
05-20-2004, 08:25 PM
congrats....after your bender get to work....lol

mtndewdrops
05-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by skeepwerkzaz
Yeah, it did take me a while...but I didn't go right through. On a couple....work....off a couple etc..
Thanks for all of the kind words.
For those wondering I graduated from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, with a B.S. in Professional Aeronautics and a minor in Business Administration. As for work, I am going to try and stay as far away from that as possible. Anyone need a Q.C. guy/pilot/mechanic/beer disposal technician?
skeep
Congratulations, That is a great school. Now you need to learn a good CAD system like CATIA or Pro/E.
If your serious about getting a real job, scope out www.northropgrumman.com and check out their Careers section. They pay good and have interesting work. I have been with them for 4 years and been in the industry for 20.
Get some experience and then go "Job Shopping" as a contractor and make big $$$. I have made over $150K a year with overtime as a contractor.

gigamurph
05-20-2004, 11:29 PM
Good job! So it took you eight years, who's countin'? Answer me this, since you have the paper that says you're one smart mother......SHUT YOUR MOUTH......but I'm talkin' about Shaft......huh? Damn voices! The question I would like you to answer is; "Eight years to get a BullS**t degree? Hell; most of us were born with ours!":p

91nordic29
05-21-2004, 07:04 AM
YEA CLAY!!!!!:D
cindy

skeepwerkzaz
05-21-2004, 08:36 AM
This is what I have been doing...http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/485camaro_1-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/485engine_comp-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/485eng_left-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/485lft_frame-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/485lft_rotor_back-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/485new_engine_front-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/485new_engine_left-med.jpg
Funny...sort of seems like work!

Slick
05-21-2004, 09:08 AM
Clay, Congrats
For those of you that that aren't familiar with Embry-Riddle, it's one of the most respected aeronautical schools in the nation. Big $$$ to go there. And there's a huge difference in the piece of paper Clay is toting from the one you can sleep through at most state universities. It's kinda like saying you graduated from Harvard Law as opposed to your local community college.

91nordic29
05-21-2004, 10:12 AM
cool. i had no idea (you know that clay is SO modest).

skeepwerkzaz
05-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Hey slick, thanks for the ego boost! The $$ thing is no sh&^! I am going to be paying off my student loans for YEARS.
Are you going to Saguaro tomorrow? I am debating coming out, but it would constitute a trip to the tire store, when I moved, I blew out two trailer tires! I may just come and bumm a ride on yours!
Clay

mtndewdrops
05-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Take it from me, spend your money on Real Estate instead of fixing up that car that could one day become a wrecked heap of steel. Besides, car insurance for that thing is probably expensive if you cover it for the replacement costs. Not to mention all those tires you will have to replace after smokin' em.
Remember, if it has tits ( . ) ( . ) or TIRES , sooner or later there is going to be problems. Sorry ladies,;)
If I had taken that advice, I would have retired by now.

skeepwerkzaz
05-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Gettin' paid for it yo! Mtndewdrops, thanks for the advice, but there is money in them thar cars! There are four of us working on it. One of the other guys has a business/accounting degree, I am the mechanical stallion (:D ) we have a professional painter, and a master fabricator. We are doing this right, and we are fairly certain that when we show this car we are going to have plenty of business. We also have plans in the works for some of the most outrageous, functional and baddest street machines anyone has ever laid eyes on. Our next project (a '65 Goat) we are building strictly to sell at Barret Jackson '05.
Think "The Trident Boats" of hotrods!;)
Clay
P.S. the quote is..."If it F%$#'s, floats or flys, rent, don't buy!"

roln 20s
05-22-2004, 01:11 PM
skeep-
congrats- no matter how long it takes, its worth it. Enjoy and make the best of it now.
Roln 20s