PDA

View Full Version : Boat Loans

BIGTYME
05-15-2004, 06:15 PM
I have a few questions about boat loans. I have one thing that I think might stop me from getting a boat loan. I have a 720+ fico score, never missed a payment, yada, yada,yada. although I do not have 5 years at the credit bureau as of yet. Is this a big determining factor? When you got your loans did you have to bring in tons of pay stubs, tax returns. etc? This loan will also be under 50k. Is there anybody here that is in the boat loan business that could answer a few questions? Or do you have any knowledge on the basic criteria?
Thanks in advance!

slink
05-15-2004, 06:33 PM
PM Ckenn, He works for FMS (boat loans)and has worked a few loans in the past for board members . He is up in Havasu this weekend at Ultra Reg. He's my neighbor and should b able to hook u up

boatnam2
05-15-2004, 07:43 PM
call mellisa at essex credit really easy to work with.only 1 bank was willing to give me a loan and she found them.sorry dont know the number look at boat trader online under finance can find the number there.i pmed ckenn but never got a responce.

Mandelon
05-15-2004, 07:46 PM
That is who GottaJetBoat used. Even I have her number somewhere. Check with him.

BarryMac
05-15-2004, 07:53 PM
I dealt with Melissa, she was great, took my application right over the phone, I didn't have to give them any paystubs just told her what I made a month. It was two weeks from start to finish and she kept me up to date the whole step of the way. I highly recomend her and Essex Credit. They can be reached on the web at www.essexcredit.com or call her at (866) 377-3948 xt7204.
good luck,
gottajetboat out...

77charger
05-15-2004, 08:13 PM
I used fms in fountain valley very good IMO.I have heard alot of good about essex credit too.I had a 725 score when i got my loan also but had credit for a little more than 5 years.It only gets easier as you get older and married:D

UBFJ #454
05-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Pray Tell ... Why in the heck would anyone buy a boat they couldn't pay cash for?

roln 20s
05-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Why in the heck would anyone buy a boat they couldn't pay cash for?
Because interest rates are so low, plus not everyone has 50K, 100K or more to dump out in cash. Even if they write a check, many of them are writing a check off of their equity line from their home (why not- tax deduction and save the cash).
Roln 20s

BarryMac
05-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
Because interest rates are so low, plus not everyone has 50K, 100K or more to dump out in cash. Even if they write a check, many of them are writing a check off of their equity line from their home (why not- tax deduction and save the cash).
Roln 20s
thanks roln 20s, you took the words right out of my mouth...

boatnam2
05-16-2004, 07:39 PM
i dont know about everyone else but if i had a little river boat or flat bottom i would pay cash.but if i was smart enough to save a 100k, i would be smart enough not to blow it on a loser like a boat.great thing about being dumb.drive around havasu you can see hundreds of dumbasses all in one day.

77charger
05-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
i dont know about everyone else but if i had a little river boat or flat bottom i would pay cash.but if i was smart enough to save a 100k, i would be smart enough not to blow it on a loser like a boat.great thing about being dumb.drive around havasu you can see hundreds of dumbasses all in one day.
true on that jim.

565edge
05-16-2004, 08:01 PM
I just used essex as well.Ask for Melissa Blate-Kidd.They didnt require any proof of your job.We just told her what we made.I thought it was going to more difficult because i just moved here and worked at my job less than 6 months.Every thing went well.

Boat Loan Guy
05-17-2004, 10:44 AM
Sorry I Have been in havasu for the last four days...You can contact me at 909-906-6300 I would be more than happy to answer any of your questions....If you were able to get Melisa to handle your loan that is great...She is a great ladie,,

welk2party
05-17-2004, 11:39 AM
Why would financing an item that gives you enjoyment and happiness make you a dumb ass? Seems to me that the majority of us buy cars on terms when we could probably pay cash for a small economy car. Does that make most of us a dumb ass too?