PDA

View Full Version : beware of Nigerian scams!!!!!

fullwood
05-15-2004, 07:45 PM
They will try to buy your online parts and send you a check for over the amount and try to get you to wire the remaining amount overseas to a "shipping agent" to pick up the parts. the scam is the check is fake, but some banks might not catch it in time and you will wire the money to some "skinny" in nigeria not knowing the check is fake. then the bastards have the gaul to email back and tell you they are going to sue you for breach of international code of conduct for a scam!! beware of any email or correspondence from nigeria or western africa IT'S A SCAM!!!

GlastronGuy
05-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Never heard of this. How many years has this been going on?

Ntwotrance
05-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Actually, the nigerian scam (or 419 scam as it's known) tells you of some distant cousin/relative that has passed away, and if you send them money to help process the paperwork, they will release the 12 million dollars that is "owed to you". If you receive one of the emails, you should forward the email to 419fcd@usss.treas.gov and state whether or not there has been financial loss. Also, if you are part of spamcop, forward to there as well. There is also an address with the ftc to foward it to uce@ftc.gov and another that I have on my computer at work....I'll try to remember to post it when I get in on monday.

C-2
05-15-2004, 08:21 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: