PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Baby!!!

twistedpair
05-15-2004, 09:45 PM
See Ya' Spurs!! 88-76

dmontzsta
05-15-2004, 09:46 PM
That right!!!
Spurs said "We are the champions until someone beats us" well guess what? they are now BEAT ahhh hahahahaa.

Ducatista
05-18-2004, 09:20 AM
So who we gunna play Friday night? Sac & Minn play tomorrow night at Minn, the winner gets the Lakers next. I like the fact that we have home court over Sac, and it would be totally great to knock them out or the playoffs for the fourth time(sorry Dr Eagle). But quite frankly I fear them more than Minn, because they are a great team & they really play us hard like no other(cuz they hate us). I figure Minn has the edge tomorrow night because they have Garnett(maybe the best player in the league right now) and home court, and Sac looses Peeler off the bench. The Sac/Minn game will be fun to watch......GO LAKERS :cool:

welk2party
05-18-2004, 09:29 AM
I would like to see Minnesota personally. Garnett and Cassell are great players. GO LAKERS!:D

beer hunter
05-18-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Ducatista
So who we gunna play Friday night? Sac & Minn play tomorrow night at Minn, the winner gets the Lakers next. I like the fact that we have home court over Sac, and it would be totally great to knock them out or the playoffs for the fourth time(sorry Dr Eagle)GO LAKERS :cool:
I agree, I think it would be great to sweep the Kings before winning the whole enchilada, a perfect way to end the season :D

dmontzsta
05-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Yeah, it would be great to crush the Kings dreams AGAIN!!!
Plus I dont think they have an answer for Kobe or Shaq. It would be fun to see Malone make Webber cry. Also those 3 wins they got on us this year were minus Shaq and Kobe, which again...they have no answer for.

Dr. Eagle
05-18-2004, 11:25 AM
GO KINGS!!!!!!!!

HCS
05-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
GO KINGS!!!!!!!!
It would be great to see the Kings knock those fat heads out.

Ducatista
05-18-2004, 11:40 AM
GO KINGS!!!!!!!!
Isn't that the wrong color to say GO KINGS ....lol
Hey a Sac/Laker Western Conf Finals would be insane!
Although playing against Garnett & World B Spree would be a close second. Eight more games to win baby.

Dr. Eagle
05-18-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
Isn't that the wrong color to say GO KINGS ....lol
Hey a Sac/Laker Western Conf Finals would be insane!
Although playing against Garnett & World B Spree would be a close second. Eight more games to win baby.
No as a matter of fact Kings colors are Purple, White and Silver... You are right, I hope the Kings can pull off a road victory in Minnesota tomorrow night. If not it will still be a great series with the Lakers and Minnesota IMHO...:D

Ducatista
05-18-2004, 12:27 PM
I didn't know that...it looks blue to me. Kinda like the Laker gold(or yellow) I guess. Well good luck tomorrow night.....fate will tell.

beer hunter
05-18-2004, 12:41 PM
GO KINGS!!!!!!!!
Dr. Eagle, funny we're both rooting for the same team to win on Wednesday :D GO KINGS!!!!!!!! .........I want them to beat the Timberwolfs so the Lakers can sweep them in the finals :D :D :D

Dr. Eagle
05-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by beer hunter
Dr. Eagle, funny we're both rooting for the same team to win on Wednesday :D GO KINGS!!!!!!!! .........I want them to beat the Timberwolfs so the Lakers can sweep them in the finals :D :D :D
Should be interesting if it comes to pass. Both teams have surprised me when I was ready to write both of them off. Don't get out the broom just yet....;) :D

beer hunter
05-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Both teams have surprised me when I was ready to write both of them off. ;) :D
I'll second that! :)

Rvr2Bch
05-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Le'ts see...who would I rather see the lakers play....
Minnesota - Their lack of playoff experience, the mismatches, and getting to see Shaq and Malone battle with KG for 6 or 7 games would be pretty cool. Also, having the #1 and #2 seeds play in the Western Conf. Finals is pretty cool.
SacTown - Lakers would have the home court, shorter flights (50mins instead of 3.5 hrs = more rest time for both teams), and it is the greatest rivalry in the NBA. Also, if the Lakers play SacTown, I would get at least another 6 or 7 games out of these shirts....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1210sacqueens-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1210shaqramento-med.jpg
Seriously though, I would love nothing more than to see the Lakers play Sacramento again in the playoffs. It is a level of basketball that is only seen when these two teams play (Or maybe it is just hatred.) Whichever way you look at it, I say Bring on the Kings!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1210lakers_kings.jpg

Ducatista
05-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Yea Bob your right. Besides, there are more Sac fans here than Minesota fans, so the internet bantering will be better! Great shirts by the way. The winner tomorrow night will have earned their right to advance against a rested Laker team. Bibby and that Sac team scare me.....they have been the best team for most of the year until the last month, and they would do anything not to loose to the Lakers again. I think that might give them an emotional advantage, they have become a tough team again.

HCS
05-18-2004, 01:36 PM
All the Lakers have to do is hit Mike Bibby in the nose and break it.
That will slow him down.

Rvr2Bch
05-18-2004, 01:46 PM
A Lakers - Sacramento series would be great for the boards. Lots of trash talking until the very end. NorCal vs. SoCal - Doesn't get any better than that. Both teams are playing very good basketball right now. Guess we have to wait until Wednesday in order to find out.
-Rvr2Bch

Krazy K
05-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Better enjoy it while you can because after this season is over, those Lakers are not going to be the same team for next season.
GO BLAZERS....what?.....still?.....DAMN!.......

Rvr2Bch
05-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Krazy K
Better enjoy it while you can because after this season is over, those Lakers are not going to be the same team for next season.
GO BLAZERS....what?.....still?.....DAMN!.......
You are right...They are going to be BETTER! :wink: :wink: :D

Risky Business
05-18-2004, 02:36 PM
As much as it pains this Laker fan: Go Kings!
This way the Lakers can bounce them again, and nothing pleases me more than to see the Queens and their cow pasture fans cry after another Laker victory.
Queens fans act as if they are the Boston Celtics and have banners all over the damn building. Win something first, then bring your smack. Until then, just go away.

Rvr2Bch
05-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Risky Business
As much as it pains this Laker fan: Go Kings!
This way the Lakers can bounce them again, and nothing pleases me more than to see the Queens and their cow pasture fans cry after another Laker victory.
Queens fans act as if they are the Boston Celtics and have banners all over the damn building. Win something first, then bring your smack. Until then, just go away.
We keep forgetting that they have to win first:D :D Minnesota won't just roll over and die. Gonna be a great game!

twistedpair
05-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Lakers-Kings would be better for the league. Think anyone outside of minneapolis gives two sh**s about the t-wolves? I think not. Besides, the league already threw them a bone with the Garnett MVP deal.
I think the t-wolves will have to play the Kings and the refs to win. Don't forget how 'subjective' NBA officiating can be.

Dr. Eagle
05-18-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by twistedpair
Lakers-Kings would be better for the league. Think anyone outside of minneapolis gives two sh**s about the t-wolves? I think not. Besides, the league already threw them a bone with the Garnett MVP deal.
I think the t-wolves will have to play the Kings and the refs to win. Don't forget how 'subjective' NBA officiating can be.
As a matter of fact, a joke I heard was that in the Western Conference Finals of a few years (2?) back that LA had a great team, 12 players 5 coaches and 3 refs......... LOL.... I know what you are saying...;)

Rvr2Bch
05-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Eagle - If the Lakers and the Kings make it to the Western Conf Finals, we'll have to meet up down here in SoCal to grab a beer with some fellow Hot Boaters and watch one of the games. I would love to see the kind of series we saw two years ago. That would be awesome.
-Rvr2Bch

Debbolas
05-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Sounds good, where are we going?
;)