PDA

View Full Version : NewB from OZtralia - Campion Chase 910i

DownUnder_Chase910i
05-16-2004, 03:38 AM
Hi everyone, I'm a newB on this forum, saying hello all the way from DownUnder Melbourne, Australia. We have just bought a Campion Chase 910i with twin 7.4 Mercs from Michigan, and awaiting it's delivery into my country "about 6-8 weeks: :(....
My question is, this will be the only one of it's kind in the country (Australia) and we want to give it a bit more go, apparantley at the moment it's estimated to get to 75-80mph, and we were thinking of slapping on some blowers from Procharger, but hoping someone may be able to give us a little advice on getting some more reliable horsepower out of her. Like I said, no-one in Australia nows much about the Campions, so appreciate any help.
PS: Moderators if I have posted this in wrong section sorry.
Cheers

twistedpair
05-16-2004, 06:26 AM
Welcome aboard (or abroad, as the case may be). What year is the boat, and what series 7.4 are you dealing with? If your talking about the carbed 330 hp model, I would get new heads and give some serious attention to the rotating assembly. It is my recollection that these motors don't take real kindly to high hp mods.
You might repost this over in "Gear Heads", we've got some excellent mechanics that hang out in there.

DownUnder_Chase910i
05-16-2004, 07:58 PM
thanks twistedpair,
I moved the thread into Gear Heads section here
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=47155
But to answer your Q's, it's a 2000 Model, the 7.4's are MPI, not the carb and currently make around 350hp each and 395hp with the silent choice.

Debbolas
05-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Welcome.........you win for the longest post name!
Congrats!!
;)