PDA

View Full Version : No More Boats on SPEED ??

manuel
05-16-2004, 06:51 AM
I've searched the programing schedule at SPEED channel and they are not covering the offshore races(APBA,Super Boat,or the new groups) and no UIM jet sprint boats, or even the F1 boats, only the hydroplanes, that stinks! :frown:

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by manuel
I've searched the programing schedule at SPEED channel and they are not covering the offshore races(APBA,Super Boat,or the new groups) and no UIM jet sprint boats, or even the F1 boats, only the hydroplanes, that stinks! :frown:
Yeah, now it is more or less "The Nascar Channel"... I miss the old programming...

DUNDUN
05-16-2004, 09:53 AM
SPEED Got taken off my cable!!!! :mad:
And replaced with MTV2!!!!(plays rap almost constantly):mad: :mad:
I did see offshore racing on fox sports net the other day. So there ya go.
Those jet sprints are so cool. Even though they are jets :D
Isn't there a channel which is broadcasting the IHBA races this year? On their site they have a link to the TV schedule with a "TNN" logo. Will "Spiketv" broadcast these races or what?

HammerDown
05-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by manuel
Oh, but there's Speed Racer...WTF!:mad:

King Kuracz
05-16-2004, 12:19 PM
The UIM Jet Sprinters will be on after their season is over, some time in late November. Won't show up in the online schedule until late fall.

rude235
05-16-2004, 12:44 PM
i was wondering the same thing! i used to get up on sunday morning with my boy and watch boat racing. now i can't find it anywhere:mad:

Flashwave
05-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Your right. There will be no offshore programming on Speed Channel this year. This coverage is produced and the TV time purchased much like an infomercial. None of the offshore groups is buying time on Speed.
APBA has not done a TV deal nor do I beleive has the splinter organization OSS. Those who get the Outdoor Channel may see some offshore racing from The Great Lake Silver Cup Series.
Superboat International claims to have NBC showing some othier Miami race (no date listed). I doubt it will be pure race coverage. Probably part of some other show.
Sorry guys. Looks like a slim year for Offshore racing on TV.
There is a new webcast that has live coverage of many of the races. You can find more information at www.talkoffshore.com.
Jim

manuel
05-16-2004, 05:46 PM
Last year OLN (outdoor living network) had some Super Boat Int. races but none are in their schedule, and a there was a show called "this old boat" and each week they did something new( fixing wood rot, installing depth finder, fiberglass repair) and they showed new products hitting the market but I don't see that anywhere either, I listened to some of the coverage of the Orange Beach race on talkoffshore but it was difficult because the announcers seemed to think they were speaking only to the people watching the race in person, "WOW look at that start"
"that white boat looks like he's moving in" "look at that rooster"
I felt like yelling at them, we CAN'T see them you morons, you're supposed to TELL us what's going on!
I really miss my Sunday morning breakfast races.

Dusty Times
05-16-2004, 07:56 PM
I finallly got dish and ditched the cable so I could watch offshore racing. I think I got hosed. Oh well it's still better than cable.:mad:

Kilrtoy
05-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Been that way for 2 years

shueman
05-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Time to start the BOATING CHANNEL.....!!!
Gotta be a winner....