PDA

View Full Version : pretty cool weekend!

summerlove
05-17-2004, 09:11 AM
Had a pretty cool weekend - without even going boating!!!:)
First, my twin daughter's softball team won their championship game Saturday afternoon! Can't you hear Freddy Mercury and Queen signing "We are the Champions" ????
Went to the Padres-Cubs game yesterday with a buddy and then bought a new Suburban on the way home...:D It's a white Z71 4x4!
Here's a GM promo pic...
http://www.chevrolet.com/suburban/images/gallery/wall1_800.jpg

spectratoad
05-17-2004, 09:21 AM
May have been cheaper to go boating.:D
Congrats on the win and the purchase.

HCS
05-17-2004, 09:46 AM
Was that a planned event? I did that once. I took my daughter
roller skating, on the way home I pulled into a car lot and bought
a truck. Expensive roller skating trip.

Mr.Havasu
05-17-2004, 09:50 AM
We bought our last dog uh I mean Dodge beacuse there was an accident on 95 and the highway was closed going to Lauglin. So we pulled into the dealership to turn around. Would have been cheaper to go to Laughlin.
Congrats on the win and the new ride;)

summerlove
05-17-2004, 09:58 AM
Thanks! The purchase was totally unplanned - to an extent. My old Suburban was a 2001 with almost 120K miles, so I was thinking, and I got the wife to agree, that with the summer boating season coming upon us, safety is #1, right? So, we went with reliability.
PLus the dealer gave me 14K for the old one - which was a killer deal, and then took 12K off the sticker, so the 2004 4x4 ended up costing the same as I bought the 2001 for new - 36K!
I'm jacked about the new car, but the real highlight was the softball weekend - that was awesome. I'll never forget that game:D I'm just so happy for them!

phebus
05-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Congratulations with the win and new vehicle. The best thing about winning the champion game, is it means the season is over, and that is one less thing to get in the way of the river. :D

summerlove
05-17-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by phebus
The best thing about winning the champion game, is it means the season is over, and that is one less thing to get in the way of the river. :D
thats why I won't let them play soccer:D
BTW, looked for you last week at Philly's Best in RSM....it seems like your type is always there!;)

572Daytona
05-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Yeah I was happy the Cubbies won too :) Sounds like a great deal on the Suburban, the most I'm seeing off sticker around here is about 8K. There was an ad in the paper where they were showing 10K but when I called they said that I had to be in the military to qualify for a special 2K "military" discount. Talk about a bait and switch. So anyone know if a dealer in the Georgia area that's ready to sell me a Suburban?