PDA

View Full Version : How much is this going to cost me?

dimarcobros
05-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Woke up to this on Saturday morning after my boat was parked on our beach all night. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/752Pud0z7yy-med.jpg
DMB

JetBoatRich
05-17-2004, 02:24 PM
That Sucks:mad:
When you walked out to your boat the damage was there?

summerlove
05-17-2004, 02:24 PM
I have no idea, but I am so bummed for you right now! I realize it ruined your day, but it also ruined mine...I bet theguys at Conquest will hook you up!
That really sucks...any note???

Garrddogg
05-17-2004, 02:25 PM
That SUCKS ASS man sorry to see that happen.

OutCole'd
05-17-2004, 02:26 PM
WOW, That Sucks!!!
Sorry. Where did it happen??

Debbolas
05-17-2004, 02:27 PM
What beach did you park on?
Who was next to you?
That is so sucky....:(

dimarcobros
05-17-2004, 02:28 PM
No note or anything of the sort. We didn't get down to the water until 10:30 ish so the note could have blew off, but I am pretty sure there wasn't one. I think someone in a tooner was on a late night ride and hit it. Either way it is coming out of my pocket. So much for that "new boat" feeling. Other than that it was a great weekend.
DMB

dimarcobros
05-17-2004, 02:30 PM
It was on our beach in front of the Isle's. There were no boats when I left it for the night, we were parked away from them all.
Any idea how much?:(
DMB

FastTimmy
05-17-2004, 02:34 PM
That is my worst nughtmare.
Just looking at the pic right now I feel sick to my stomach.
Did it happen at the channel beach?

dimarcobros
05-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Yep, first problem we have ever had. What ar eyou going to do? Hopefully it is fixable and not too bad on the wallet.
When is Havasu Barney getting out.:D :rolleyes:
DMB

spute
05-17-2004, 02:40 PM
that really blows. how does that happen?

FastTimmy
05-17-2004, 02:41 PM
If it was a somebody with anyone else on his boat it will leak out.
As to the cost thing, I have never had to do a fix like that but I would say it definitely looks like a non structual repair..
Just my .02

slink
05-17-2004, 02:44 PM
Similar thing happened to my old boat. I know this sounds Shitty, but youre actually pretty lucky. It looks like it is only white gel coat and it doesnt appear to have busted the seam. Ours was a three color fade and the impact busted the transom seal all the way around. To redoe all the damaged glass(about the same size area, re shoot the fade($$$) and replace the entire molding on a 21' was $1,200. The guy was in Riverside off Van Buren/Limonite area. Came highly recommended by several people and did an excellent job. I'll find his # when I get home tonight, if its not to far out of your way. BTW had the boat back in 8 days.

dimarcobros
05-17-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by FastTimmy
If it was a somebody with anyone else on his boat it will leak out.
As to the cost thing, I have never had to do a fix like that but I would say it definitely looks like a non structual repair..
Just my .02
So what does that mean? I know nothing about repairs.
DMB

summerlove
05-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
Yep, first problem we have ever had. What ar eyou going to do? Hopefully it is fixable and not too bad on the wallet.
When is Havasu Barney getting out.:D :rolleyes:
DMB
call John (warlock 25) at 928-486-3832. There is a place next to the Ace Hardware on ther south side that Havasu Barney recommended and John highly recommends (he lives about 1/4 mile from there as well). I don't know the price. I bet John would tow the boat to him or bring him to the boat for you to get a price. I think it should not cost too, too much. He should be able to help you ought though.
:mad:

dimarcobros
05-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by slink
Similar thing happened to my old boat. I know this sounds Shitty, but youre actually pretty lucky. It looks like it is only white gel coat and it doesnt appear to have busted the seam. Ours was a three color fade and the impact busted the transom seal all the way around. To redoe all the damaged glass(about the same size area, re shoot the fade($$$) and replace the entire molding on a 21' was $1,200. The guy was in Riverside off Van Buren/Limonite area. Came highly recommended by several people and did an excellent job. I'll find his # when I get home tonight, if its not to far out of your way. BTW had the boat back in 8 days.
I am still waiting to hear from Keith but I will take the number just in case. I just hope the boat will be ready for our June 4th trip.
DMB

dimarcobros
05-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
call John (warlock 25) at 928-486-3832. There is a place next to the Ace Hardware on ther south side that Havasu Barney recommended and John highly recommends (he lives about 1/4 mile from there as well). I don't know the price. I bet John would tow the boat to him or bring him to the boat for you to get a price. I think it should not cost too, too much. He should be able to help you ought though.
:mad:
Thanks!

al cole'holic
05-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Screw any side job dude, they'll just jack it up...call your insurance company and let the shop deal with it.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-17-2004, 02:52 PM
WOW! That sucks! Rat bastard not leaving a note!
Sicne it's all white the repair itself should be rather staight forward. I'm sure Conquest will take care of it for you. I have no idea about cost. Bummer man. :(

Sportin' Wood
05-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Isn't that what you pay that boat insurance for? Get a quote and if it's more than your deductable, it's a no-brainer. Doesn't look that bad to me, though.

dimarcobros
05-17-2004, 03:07 PM
I am pretty sure that is what we are going to do. What is the point in paying inusrnace if you don't use it?
DMB

jackpunx
05-17-2004, 03:08 PM
that sux.. unfortunatly there are folkers that dont know how to take responsibilty for their stuff.
I came out sunday morning with a cig burned on my Gel.. it sux.. but.. it can be fixed.. but I would rather spend the money on gas then color sanding

summerlove
05-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Sportin' Wood
Isn't that what you pay that boat insurance for?
even if's a little more (a few hundred or so) I'd still pay for it myself. No need to have ins raise or cancel over it.

Krumbsnatcher
05-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Woke up to this on Saturday morning after my boat was parked on our beach all night. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/752Pud0z7yy-med.jpg
DMB
Thats a bummer, but Rod at Boat and Body repair (Lake Havasu) will fix her and you will never knew it happened by looking at it.
He fixes all my freinds boats from 22 to 42, he does nice work and he is local.
call him and tell him JJ sent yah..

summerlove
05-17-2004, 03:09 PM
after looking at the pic again, it's definitely a pontoon....still sucks!

mbrown2
05-17-2004, 03:12 PM
We had some work done like that at Fiberglass Reformations in Havasu (I know Barney had some things to say about, but I had taken my stuff there in the past, and had good work done)...and it was about 250-400; when it is only sitting in the white area...
Just put a big bandage sticker over it for the time being and laugh at it....friggen boats...

FastTimmy
05-17-2004, 03:28 PM
So what does that mean? I know nothing about repairs.
DMB
Sorry it read wrong. I meant loose lips sink ships. If there was boat load of peeps on the boat that hit yours someone will blab and one day you might get to punch a ****ER..

boxscore
05-17-2004, 03:35 PM
making claims can very well make your premium go up. I know State Farm operates that way, no matter if it's your fault or not. Those kind of thing I just pay outta my pocket, what's your deductable?... mines $1000, so things like that I end up paying for myself. I have no idea what that might cost (it's good that just the white gel got hit) but I count on insurance for really major things , say $2-3K and up. BTW, the guy was a total ass for not owning up to it.

Tom Brown
05-17-2004, 03:39 PM
There are no problems, only opportunities. Why not have your glass man french in an RD bobble head doll?

Mr.Havasu
05-17-2004, 04:54 PM
Dave's fiberglass was working with Havasu Barney before he left on Vacation;) They are located at the south end of Havasu next to ACE hardware. I don't know their prices, but I get the bottom of my sponsons done on a regular basis for a couple hundred dollars, and like everyone has said... It shouldn't be too much because it is all white.
Let me know if I can do anything to help you out. I'm local and happy to pick up your boat and deliver it for you.
John

Kachina26
05-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Man, that makes me so angry I got a headache:mad: :mad: I just got tagged by a hit and run bozo in my car a few weeks back. It cost me 2 grand that I didn't have to spare:mad: You think a hit like that woulda made some major noise. Did ya talk to the neighbors? I'm really sorry for you.

Phat Matt
05-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Well someone hit or scratched up my less than a year old Excursion in the Windor parking lot. We didn't notice it until we were getting gas the next day. It's scratched the paint off down to the metal. No note either. Bastards!

2LKHVSU
05-18-2004, 02:48 AM
A couple years ago, my deckboat got hit at windsor. I took it to Boat Body Repair on Industrial. I think it was $200, and he fixed it in one day.
Be careful, white is a hard color to match.
Brett
P.S. He gives discounts for cash.

79 HUSTLER
05-18-2004, 07:18 AM
Damn man that is shitty, hope everything gets fixed quick. I hit someone in the channel a few years back with my jet and they had to grind about a 18" section, replace alot of glass and re-gel 3 colors and some pinstripes and it was only $400 to fix his boat. Gave him $500 since he was so cool about it. Your fix should bot be that bad. At least you still got to use it all weekend. KELLY

beer hunter
05-18-2004, 07:55 AM
Dimarcobros, I think it could have been a lot worse, from the pic you posted it doesn't look like any of the colors were damaged and accessing the damage from the back side shouldn't be too difficult. I'm guessing under a grand and maybe only half that. :)
Hope things work out and you're back on the water soon! :)

welk2party
05-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Not to be a downer or anything, but that will be hard to repair. The back corners are hard to access on deckboats. I would talk to conquest for an opinion.

El Chingon
05-18-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by warlock25
Dave's fiberglass was working with Havasu Barney before he left on Vacation;) They are located at the south end of Havasu next to ACE hardware.
We just picked up the boat on friday from dave's. We had some previous work done there too through havasu barney. i would go there again.

dicudmore
05-18-2004, 08:48 AM
sorry about your hit.
hope its not too bad on the budget and back on the water soon

LAVEYSABRE575
05-18-2004, 09:01 AM
thank gosh, its in the white area, had something similar to that happen to my HTM i took it to steve at fiberglass reformations 400.00 looked brand new when they were done..derek

boatnam2
05-18-2004, 10:35 AM
man that sucks big time.i know the feeling though went to the grocery store a few weeks ago in my brand new dodge 2500 and some **** crushed the whole side of the bed in and didnt even leave a note and nobody seen it in the middle of the day.

Keith E. Sayre
05-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Matt: I just had the storage door open and checked out the boat
with Fiberglass Reformations. They'll be calling you in a moment with a bid. They do most of our repairs and they do great work.
by the way, since you and your brother are State Farm Agents
how do you f ile a claim? do you file it yourself? or do you file
it with your brother? I'm just joking. Thought I'd jerk your chain a bit. Are you going to raise your own rates? ha ha!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

dimarcobros
05-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Keith E. Sayre
Matt: I just had the storage door open and checked out the boat
with Fiberglass Reformations. They'll be calling you in a moment with a bid. They do most of our repairs and they do great work.
by the way, since you and your brother are State Farm Agents
how do you f ile a claim? do you file it yourself? or do you file
it with your brother? I'm just joking. Thought I'd jerk your chain a bit. Are you going to raise your own rates? ha ha!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
That's right Keith.....kick a man when he is down. ;) Thank you for going over there.
thank you to the rest for all the kind words. I will post pictures after it is done. Hopefully in time for OP6, if not I will have the DiMarco.
DMB

beer hunter
05-19-2004, 08:52 AM
So what is this going to cost to have fixed? :)

mirvin
05-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Some people got no class!!!:mad: :mad: :yuk: That looks big and bad but I'd say you're fortunate that it's above the rub rail and all white. Shouldn't be that big of a deal to fix right up;)
mirvin