PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhh Djunkie...........

SummitKarl
04-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Brown truck arrived 6pm Friday,
Back in the boat and running 4pm Sunday, Lite RIGHT OFF :) and no leaks :D :D
Still got my noise :hammerhea oh well it anything IN the motor. but it won't idle low enough to hear the noise anymore :rolleyes: :)
HOLLY FRICK!!!!!!!!! it sounds WICKID, min idle is 1k, lumps like crazy at 1500, The cam is WAY more radical than my Falcon, just allot more duration (316 deg advertised) and I advanced the cam 4 deg's,
ROTFLMAO....6k lb boat(I think) and it's just frickin SHAKEN!!!! :rollside:
I may have under estimated the HP.... JUST A WEE BIT :wink:
anyways my first ever Cheby rebuild went smooth and seems to have turned out . quite HEALTHY!!! :D

BigDoug
04-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Very cool Karl !!! now let's go test some props. :)

SummitKarl
04-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Very cool Karl !!! now let's go test some props. :)
I think my work schedule this week will be 9am - when ever your done working :)
"it's props and carbs week"

djunkie
04-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Brown truck arrived 6pm Friday,
Back in the boat and running 4pm Sunday, Lite RIGHT OFF :) and no leaks :D :D
Still got my noise :hammerhea oh well it anything IN the motor. but it won't idle low enough to hear the noise anymore :rolleyes: :)
HOLLY FRICK!!!!!!!!! it sounds WICKID, min idle is 1k, lumps like crazy at 1500, The cam is WAY more radical than my Falcon, just allot more duration (316 deg advertised) and I advanced the cam 4 deg's,
ROTFLMAO....6k lb boat(I think) and it's just frickin SHAKEN!!!! :rollside:
I may have under estimated the HP.... JUST A WEE BIT :wink:
anyways my first ever Cheby rebuild went smooth and seems to have turned out . quite HEALTHY!!! :D
Still got the noise??? WTF? You better check that drive or the U-joints. Did you put a new fuel pump on like the others suggested. Glad to hear she runs good. Whats the specs on that cam? What exhaust are you running and does it exit under water? Do you get what I'm hinting at here? :rollside:

SummitKarl
04-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Still got the noise??? WTF? You better check that drive or the U-joints. Did you put a new fuel pump on like the others suggested. Glad to hear she runs good. Whats the specs on that cam? What exhaust are you running and does it exit under water? Do you get what I'm hinting at here? :rollside:
Reversion...maybe?...much less likely with the cam advanced (exh closes sooner), Volvo 280 actually has a manifold (w/flapper) that exits above and behind the prop, and the way the Exh M'folds are designed (doubtful) but yes I am already thinking Thru transom exhaust, it's a sound that should be shared :)
the cam is a Trick Flow 499/510 x (306/316A or 246/254 @.05)
out drive is new, no pump yet but it's coming from around there, might be power steering pump too.....

djunkie
04-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Reversion...maybe?...much less likely with the cam advanced (exh closes sooner), Volvo 280 actually has a manifold (w/flapper) that exits above and behind the prop, and the way the Exh M'folds are designed (doubtful) but yes I am already thinking Thru transom exhaust, it's a sound that should be shared :)
the cam is a Trick Flow 499/510 x (306/316A or 246/254 @.05)
out drive is new, no pump yet but it's coming from around there, might be power steering pump too.....
Take the belt off the power steering pump and fire it up. If noise gos away then you know its that. If it doesn't go get yourself a new fuel pump and rod. Glad to hear she's running good. We'll have to go run them around together soon.