PDA

View Full Version : 29 ft. Shockwave

cdog
05-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Does anybody own one? How do you like it? What engine? How fast? Have you taken it into the Pacific? How well does it hold up, as in interior and over all construction?
Any comments will be apriciated, Good, Bad & the Ugly.

FRENCHIE
05-18-2004, 12:20 PM
just bought the 25, if i had the $ would a got a 29 great boat! Try Steamin rice or Raegis on the boards! Also tryhttp://www.shockwaveboats.com/ you can call and ask for Barry he is the Salesman over there, great guy , no pressure can ansswer all of your questions!;)

cdog
05-18-2004, 12:23 PM
I've seen and heard some comments by some who own them.
But i've never heard a guy knock a boat that he paid good money for.

shockwaveharry
05-18-2004, 12:32 PM
I've been for a (GPS'd) 90 mph ride in one with a GT Performance Whippled HP500. Very stable and comfortable. Quality of construction is top-notch. I'll step up one day.

Havasu Luvr
05-18-2004, 12:42 PM
I am a 3x custom boat owner and on my first Shockwave. I will say this about the Quality of the boat, rigging, customer service before/during/after the sale "OUTSTANDING"
Do what I did, walk the channel in Havasu and ask every boat owner on your list what they think about their boat's mfg & customer service. I had 4 mfg's on my list for this size/style of boat and out of 18 Shockwave owners in the channel NOT one owner said anything bad about Shockwave. The rest of the owners had about a 50/50 split of good to bad experiences.
I have the 496ho, with all my gear 3000w power inverter, 1.5 cu' refer, .8 cu' Microwave oven and a modified bar w/blender and full boat gear I see (1/2 tank fuel and driver) 65mph (not GPS) on a good day. Full crew (4-6 peeps) 55mph (not GPS). I have done a dozen trips to Catalina. Normailly it is smooth but I did a trip not to long ago where it was 4'-6' swells with a 2' wind chop on top (roughest so far) and it handled better then I expected. It is a beautiful boat
Hey cdog,
I see your profile says 29' Magnatude. do you own/having one built/or shopping. Shockwave has 3 29' now being rigged in the shop. Stop on by and take a look at the quality of the rigging and tell Barry David (aka Havasu Luvr) sent you in.
PS. Harry ! ! ! where have you been?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/39P0004556-med.jpg

beer hunter
05-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Luvr
I will say this about the Quality of the boat, rigging, customer service before/during/after the sale "OUTSTANDING"
Echo HL's feelings on Shockwave boats, I am one very satisfied Shockwave owner!:D

redneckgirl
05-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Another very happy Shockwave owner here.... We have 45 hours on our boat since January!!! We just have the Shockwave baby boat "21' Step skier"... :D :D
RNG

hd&boatrider
05-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Another extremely happy SW owner here :)

cdog
05-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Well I put my money down on a 29 the week before the Anaheim boat show they were suppost to start on it in 2-4 weeks from then. Here I am like two months later and they are supposed to start on it this weekend, I guess. I just wanted to make sure. The long wait makes you nervious about such a purchase.

dicudmore
05-18-2004, 01:40 PM
nice boat....good people

hd&boatrider
05-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by cdog
Well I put my money down on a 29 the week before the Anaheim boat show they were suppost to start on it in 2-4 weeks from then. Here I am like two months later and they are supposed to start on it this weekend, I guess. I just wanted to make sure. The long wait makes you nervious about such a purchase.
Not only nervous but very anxious....lol They are just very busy and all. That is why I bought one off the floor. I just had to pick out the motor and a few extras. I am not very particular to how the gel is as long as it is not too wild. I ended up with the 25 Tremor that was in the LA Boat Show. I don't think I could wait like you guys do when you buy during the busy season.

dicudmore
05-18-2004, 01:48 PM
cdog I think the boat will be worth the wait.
Nothing but respect for slowave, uh I mean Shockwave

redneckgirl
05-18-2004, 01:52 PM
When we ordered ours there was a few weeks delay also... no worry they will come through... But we all realize how frustrating and exciting it is !!!! :D :D :D You won't be sorry !
RNG

dicudmore
05-18-2004, 01:56 PM
true true.....
they are that backed up for a reason....
NICE boats

dicudmore
05-18-2004, 01:59 PM
anybody know Shockwave's annual production lately?
Im thinking they've got to be popping out 120+ boats a year right now judging by all the newbies here and other boards.....
I'm going with 125-150

slink
05-18-2004, 02:51 PM
Cdogg, Im in the same boat per se. Bob initially told me mine would be done by Mem. weekend, but knowing the industry I didnt hold my breath. Kinda like "checks in the mail and I won't ...in your mouth". I'll be lucky if its in the mold by then. But I'm still hangin in there because I know it will be worth the wait and believe in their product. I was there today and they were taping a 29 to be shot tomorrow, so its probably yours. Hang in there brother :)

Havasu Luvr
05-18-2004, 03:06 PM
cdog, are you Cory?
if so I just talked to Barry about a few details for the regatta and memtioned your situation.... yours started taping today GET EXCITED ! ! !

DAB
05-18-2004, 03:11 PM
CDog, I currently own a 29' Shockwave and extremely happy with it. This is my second Shockwave and have watched the company grow every year and it seems that the last 3 1/2 years have just exploded. I was in the shop last Saturday and they have a ton of boats in process and ready to be delivered. Now, about the boat HP500 with the ITS, Open bow and it runs approx 68 ish give or take a couple based upon fuel, and load. Run many times in the big blue and it handled beautifully. Interior is top notch, construction is sound. ( no annoying rattling) Overall extremely pleased and would do it all over again. I actually gave HL a test ride at Mohave, he drove out and for a drive that long we spent a few hours on the lake. If you've not taken a test ride, I'd be happy to give you one.
David

Steamin' Rice
05-18-2004, 03:15 PM
I just sold a 2002 29 Shockwave in March and was really happy with it. The only reason I sold it was to get into something bigger and I now have a 34 on order. I had a closed bow with an HP500EFI. I put about 135 hours on the boat before selling it and never had any problems with it.
I took my boat on a bunch of ocean trips to Catalina, Long Beach, and about 3 open ocean poker runs. I also used the boat to pull a novice skier in the Catalina ski race a couple of years ago.
The 29 is a great boat with a ton of room, and I'm sure that you will be happy with it.

SoCalOffshore
05-18-2004, 03:40 PM
They are great boats. I have never owned one, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once.

cdog
05-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Funny the way things work out. I was sitting here, pissed off, been on the phone all day trying to close a deal for a buyer (i'm a Realtor) and then Barry calls and say's their taping the boat and shooting tonight.:)
He's a real nice guy and I think I made a real good purchase for what I can afford. After waiting a while i've got nervious about buying such a expensive boat. Now that it's started i'm getting back to the excited feeling.
Thanks for all of your feedback.
Frenchie.....Those doilies are lookin hot!

Debbolas
05-18-2004, 05:32 PM
dude, there is some string in your boat j/k lol;)
Looks like it will be awesome!!!:D

FRENCHIE
05-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by cdog
Funny the way things work out. I was sitting here, pissed off, been on the phone all day trying to close a deal for a buyer (i'm a Realtor) and then Barry calls and say's their taping the boat and shooting tonight.:)
He's a real nice guy and I think I made a real good purchase for what I can afford. After waiting a while i've got nervious about buying such a expensive boat. Now that it's started i'm getting back to the excited feeling.
Thanks for all of your feedback.
Frenchie.....Those doilies are lookin hot!
very funny! your jumping on the bandwagon too huh?!:rolleyes: :D

Debbolas
05-18-2004, 07:01 PM
hee hee, he said bandwagon, he hee
;)

FRENCHIE
05-18-2004, 07:03 PM
i must admit that was kind of an old fashioed statement for a newly turned 30 years old!:rolleyes: :D

redneckgirl
05-18-2004, 07:05 PM
We ordered our boat in late October... the off season... and we had a 2-3 week delay !!! So I am not at all surprised if any(mfg) has a 4-8 week delay in prime season... Shockwave is a great mfg... they will take good care of you!!!! We picked our boat up on January 10 and took it in late March for it's 20 hrs service...Slink (Jeff) was there getting ready to order his 25... Their customer service was awesome they fixed things in the gel that we didn't even ask them to (at no charge)... I understand how you (anybody) can have second thoughts when things don't go perfectly... but we are all human !!!! It is also nice to know Danny (owner of the company) is doing your gel... and what an awesome job he does do... I don't think there is anyone more qualified than Danny. :cool: :D :D Hope you will make it to the regatta... We are going and are looking forward to meeting all the Shockwave peeps !!!! :D :D
RNG

FRENCHIE
05-18-2004, 07:06 PM
why do we all just have so much love in the SHOCKWAVE clan, and half of us have not even met yet?!:D ;)

redneckgirl
05-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
why do we all just have so much love in the SHOCKWAVE clan, and half of us have not even met yet?!:D ;)
Because we all are a fun loving group... and know we all have the best boat on the market!!!! :D :D So how can we not have respect for each other!!! :D :D Shockwave #1 :cool: :D
RNG

redneckgirl
05-18-2004, 07:13 PM
By the way CDOG Welcome to the Shockwave Family!!!! :cool: :D
RNG

Debbolas
05-18-2004, 07:48 PM
:D

dexman38
05-18-2004, 08:27 PM
c dog i ordered a 29 shockwave too . I was at the shockwave shop sat. and berry told me that their was one boat ahead of mine. that must be you. i got the 496ho and a open bow.

cdog
05-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
By the way CDOG Welcome to the Shockwave Family!!!! :cool: :D
RNG
Thanks
I've been watchin the boards for a couple of months now and it seems everyone has great things to say about Shockwave. Not to mention everybody that owns one seems to be easy goin.
Barry's been a real stand up guy and I have no gripe's about anything at this point.
I'm lookin forward to the reggata and meeting all you guys.
I'll post more pick's when we start movin along.:D

DAB
05-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by dexman38
c dog i ordered a 29 shockwave too . I was at the shockwave shop sat. and berry told me that their was one boat ahead of mine. that must be you. i got the 496ho and a open bow.
D38, I was there helping out Saturday... BD told me your screen name later in the day. I hope I answered any questions that you had and if you have any more, I'll be there again this Sat..

dicudmore
05-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
some of us outcasts have to try and be nice to all the brand owners...shockwave, nodic, Kachina
ah never mind :D

beer hunter
05-19-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by DAB
D38, I was there helping out Saturday... BD told me your screen name later in the day. I hope I answered any questions that you had and if you have any more, I'll be there again this Sat..
DAB, are you working there now? I know you were helping out at the LA boat show but are you now on the payroll? We need to hook up again soon and do an ocean/Catalina run with the Shockwave group and others. :)

beer hunter
05-19-2004, 06:13 AM
Because we all are a fun loving group... and know we all have the best boat on the market!!!! :D :D So how can we not have respect for each other!!! :D :D Shockwave #1 :cool: :D
RNG
Nice post! ;) :D

dicudmore
05-19-2004, 06:17 AM
fun loving groups are good :D

shockwaveharry
05-19-2004, 08:25 AM
Because we all are a fun loving group...
RNG
All our boats are fast, too! Even the slow ones!!! :D

redneckgirl
05-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by shockwaveharry
All our boats are fast, too! Even the slow ones!!! :D
Speaking of fast boats... Was that Buck's 29 that you were in that GPS'd 90MPH... We have seen him everytime we go to Shockwave, which isn't very often as it is around a 5 hour drive for us. Buck seems to be a great guy... and has a great looking boat. :D
RNG

Tremor Therapy
05-19-2004, 08:40 AM
Yo.....you will be in love once you get your 29! I too have been on a 29 that hit 90+, and it was a rush. I bought a 25 last year, and the only complaint I have is that the wife wouldn't let me get a 29! The 496ho in my boat has gps'd at 69, but it does vary up on fuel and gear. Welcome to the clan, and to quote a certain Shockwave salesman......."now play nice!"
BTW DAB,
Are you on the Shockwave payroll now, or are you just racking up those frequesnt flyer miles for your next boat purchase? ;)

beer hunter
05-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Tremor Therapy
BTW DAB,
Are you on the Shockwave payroll now, or are you just racking up those frequesnt flyer miles for your next boat purchase? ;)
That's what I was thinking TT. ;) :D

DryHeatOnly
05-19-2004, 10:12 AM
cdog - I own a new Shockwave 25 Tremor. I submitted my graphics in early Feb and she was completed in early April. I couldn't be happier with the boat or the company. I've had her out for 3 weekends now. I can hardly wait for the next time. :D
Welcome to the Shockwave family :)

shockwaveharry
05-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Speaking of fast boats... Was that Buck's 29 that you were in that GPS'd 90MPH...
RNG
Yah, that was Buck's boat. I love that thing! It accellerates as hard as my little 22, has a higher top speed and can drive through anything. What a ride! Good people too.
Ya know, I think I may have been there when you guys picked up your boat. It was a step skier with graphics like mine. Nice!

redneckgirl
05-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by shockwaveharry
Yah, that was Buck's boat. I love that thing! It accellerates as hard as my little 22, has a higher top speed and can drive through anything. What a ride! Good people too.
Ya know, I think I may have been there when you guys picked up your boat. It was a step skier with graphics like mine. Nice!
We picked our boat up on January 10, were you there then... We drive a 2000 Expedition 4x4 Blue... see below for the boat... :D

shockwaveharry
05-19-2004, 11:27 AM
We picked our boat up on January 10... :D
I lived close by till recently so I was over there alot, I bet it was you guys. Look forward to seeing ya again at the Regatta! :)

DAB
05-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by beer hunter
DAB, are you working there now? I know you were helping out at the LA boat show but are you now on the payroll? We need to hook up again soon and do an ocean/Catalina run with the Shockwave group and others. :)
BH, yes I now am offically a weekender...

DAB
05-19-2004, 01:02 PM
BTW DAB,
Are you on the Shockwave payroll now, or are you just racking up those frequesnt flyer miles for your next boat purchase? ;) [/B]
TT, yes 2 + 2 =34' ;)

Steamin' Rice
05-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by DAB
TT, yes 2 + 2 =34' ;)
Do IT!! :D

beer hunter
05-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by DAB
TT, yes 2 + 2 =34' ;)
I'm going to need a ride in one of these new 34's so I can convince the wife we really need to step up. ;) :cool: