PDA

View Full Version : Stereo system for new pontoon

Tyson Ross
05-19-2004, 12:32 AM
BOAT COMES WITH SONY CD PLAYER WITH 2 6.5'S. I HAVE AN OLD 2 CHANNEL AMP THAT I THOUGHT I WOULD USE TO GET MORE SOUND OUT OF THE 2 SPEAKERS. I AM WONDERING IF A POWERED BAZOOKA (EL8A) WOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR A LITTLE EXTRA BASS AND COMPLIMENT THE REST OF THE "CHEAP" SYSTEM OR SHOULD THE $ BE SPENT ADDING 2 MORE SPEAKERS AND RUN ALL 4 WITH AMP.
DUE TO WIFE RESTRICTIONS I AM LOOKING TO SPEND UNDER $200.00.

ROZ
05-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Since you have the wife restrictionhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared10.gif why not run your 2 speakers off your deck and purchase a prefabed 10" sub and box to run off your amp? i don't think the bazooka is going to do you any significant bass....
What amp do you have?

riverbound
05-19-2004, 05:28 PM
I would have to agree with Roz if you came in with a budget of $200 I would recomend adding just a woofer (10 or 12 inch) and get the biggest bang for your buck.

mbrown2
05-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Tyson,
Are you taking donations? Knowing your wife and the fact you keep your balls in her purse (don't we all):D....I got an extra 4 channel kenwood amp that may run your 4 speakers or two speakers and can brindge the 3&4 for a 10" sub??....I will bring it up and you can have it if you want it......:D....if you wait a couple months, I might have a couple more amps... j/k:D :D :D

Tyson Ross
05-19-2004, 11:54 PM
MBrown, why quit now? If you ain't using it I could. I hate being a cheap ass but I am lucky to even get the new boat (When I get it). I am not shure what amp I have as I don't actually have it yet. It was pulled out of a boat my dad salvaged and resold. Once I get the boat I will have a better idea what will work and fit best.
Thanks you guys for the input:)

Tyson Ross
06-15-2004, 01:34 AM
Thanks MBrown for the Kenwood. Jr. took a long enough nap yesterday for me to have time to cleanly install it. Now the Aquatronic 6.5's are really hitting hard!!! LOL. Probably need to replace those sooner then later but still a nice improvement.
Now what? 6.5's or 6x9's or sub? The frame to the rear L bench is plastic so I am thinking without mounting the 6X9's through the frame and to a pre-fab 6x9 box behind the frame they would not sound much better than 6.5's. I am not looking for a lot of bass but it would be nice to not sound like I have the bass turned all the way down.

riverbound
06-15-2004, 09:08 AM
If you are looking for more bass just buy a cheap woofer and run it off the amp you have now that will give you more of what you are looking for than changing speakers.