PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Plating in Phoenix

Cole Sanger
05-19-2004, 06:51 AM
Ok, who does good chrome plating in Phoenix? I need a couple of parts chrome plated, and had a bad experience last time I needed something done. Can someone point me in a good direction to a shop they have used in the past or present?

Jordy
05-19-2004, 07:02 AM
There is a shop off of 7th Ave just south of I-17 that does good work from what I've seen. They're on the street that runs on the east side of the Gas Warz. They do all of the plating for Sand Limo. Other than that, you might be out of luck as I haven't heard anything good about most of the other places in town.

lurid
05-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Metro Plating in Mesa, off of Mesa Drive and southern. I've heard they do good work but can take some time

Jordy
05-19-2004, 07:15 AM
Last time I was in Metro it was like a 6 month deal to get a swing arm plated. 6 months? I could figure it out myself in 6 months. :D

Cole Sanger
05-19-2004, 07:41 AM
Metro Plating is the place I had the bad experience with. They were supposed to polish my intake manifold and plate my name badge. They took two months, didn't plate the badge, just polished it and didn't touch the manifold. All that for $230. They said they wouldn't give me my parts until I paid.
The whole story is that they lost my parts for two weeks and wouldn't call me back. Then they found them in the back on a Tuesday and called me to pick them up on the following Thursday. The intake had been polished before, so they must have thought that they could get away with not polishing it. It wasn't even clean.

jetboater5
05-19-2004, 08:09 AM
I have used Papago Plating in the past. Very reasonable and fairly quick turnaround. They are @ 2312 E washington Phx 602-273-1408 Hope this helps, Give them a call and they will give you an idea of the time frame over the phone.