PDA

View Full Version : DonÂ’t be cheap buy a shirt to help support Mike McGookin.

duffster
04-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Save a life all proceeds from Lifes A River.com go to saving his life. Please follow the links below and buy a fricking tee shirt to help him and his family out. We have a lot of people that post on this site that have big trucks big boats ect and come on $15 is nothing just do it.
www.lifesariver.com/links.html (http://www.lifesariver.com/links.html)
www.caringbridge.com/visit/mikemcgookin (http://www.caringbridge.com/visit/mikemcgookin)

life's a river
04-03-2006, 06:32 AM
Save a life all proceeds from Lifes A River.com go to saving his life. Please follow the links below and buy a fricking tee shirt to help him and his family out. We have a lot of people that post on this site that have big trucks big boats ect and come on $15 is nothing just do it.
www.caringbridge.com/visit/mikemcgookin (http://www.caringbridge.com/visit/mikemcgookin)
Thanks for posting this duffster. People need to e mail me direct if they want to contribute by buying a shirt. asklar411@sbcglobal.net
My web site is not set up for the fundraiser.
PK

yeah,right
04-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Might help your cause a little better if you would explain who he is and what his situation is.

Silver
04-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Might help your cause a little better if you would explain who he is and what his situation is.
How about just another human being...
Another precious life, father, husband, brother, uncle.....
Be thankful it is not you, and put them in your thoughts and prayers!
Reason enough.

Big Warlock
04-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Not reason enough. It was a simple question on what the situation is and what we could do. Lots of people have serious illness and such. The question was not out of line. Some of you may know this person. Many of us do not. Of course we will assist as we can, but asking for a bit of the story is not out of line............

yeah,right
04-03-2006, 07:50 AM
How about just another human being...
Another precious life, father, husband, brother, uncle.....
Be thankful it is not you, and put them in your thoughts and prayers!
Reason enough.
Hey stupid. I was just saying it might help his cause to know the whole situation. So in your world every time you see someone on the corner begging you give to them, because he simply asked. Yeah, Right. You could give all day long and end up broke with your philosphy. I give a LOT of money to needy people and charities. It always helps to know what the actual situation is first though.

Jen
04-03-2006, 07:50 AM
The whole story is the TOP Sticky Thread Titled " It's time to make a Diffrence" Check it out!!! I have T-shirts, if anyone in the Corona area wants to buy one for Mike I will deliver!!!!!

yeah,right
04-03-2006, 07:51 AM
The whole story is the TOP Sticky Thread Titled " It's time to make a Diffrence" Check it out!!! I have T-shirts, if anyone in the Corona area wants to buy one for Mike I will deliver!!!!!
There, now that helps explain things.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Here's the scoop!
http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107683

THOR
04-03-2006, 08:57 AM
I honestly dont need another shirt, but I would like to donate. Is there a paypal option for this? How can I donate and have it go straight to Mike.

Ultra5150
04-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Just bought two shirts.
Best of luck to Mike!!

duffster
04-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks for posting this duffster. People need to e mail me direct if they want to contribute by buying a shirt. asklar411@sbcglobal.net
PK
No problem I just hope everything works out.

Totally IncapASSitated
04-03-2006, 10:31 AM
I am in Corona also and would like to buy a couple of shirts to support Mike and his family...let me know how to get in touch with you.
Alan

Newcastle
04-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I am in Corona also and would like to buy a couple of shirts to support Mike and his family...let me know how to get in touch with you.
Alan
I live on Alan's street in Corona. Drop me off a couple shirts too. I'm the better looking guy (I mean balder looking guy) across the street!

THOR
04-03-2006, 06:07 PM
PK
DO you accept paypal?

life's a river
04-03-2006, 07:23 PM
The web site accepts Paypal. I need to adjust the pricing to reflect the $15 per shirt with $10 of it going to Mike's transplant fund.
PK

catalinaskiracer
04-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Thor, yes there is a way you can deposit directly into Mike's fund you can do so at any Bank of America make it to the Mike McGookin Transplant Fund acct. #08676-41991

Riomouse911
04-03-2006, 10:46 PM
I bought shirts through the site, but I didn't see the link to send proceeds to Mike before I bought them. (I sent an e-mail, I hope I don't confuse everyone)...I hope all works out for Mike, my wife and I will be sending positive thoughts his way!
Eric and Michelle from Norco

catalinaskiracer
04-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Again thanking everyone! and want to remind you all of the raffel at the 58th running of the Long Beach to Catalina ski race all info on the Sticky Thread Titled " It's time to make a Diffrence" along with Mike's site that has all the info on what's going on. It is not always up to date but close. I want to remind everyone that on his site he has a guest book which at this time his Mom and Wife Kelli read to him in the hospital. I encourge you all to drop him a line they tell me he likes to hear from everyone! I will update as I get info.
Gery S.

catalinaskiracer
04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
A couple of reminders, you can deposit directly into Mike's fund, you can do so at any Bank of America, make it to the Mike McGookin Transplant Fund acct. #08676-41991
Again thanking everyone! and want to remind you all again of the raffel at the 58th running of the Long Beach to Catalina ski race all info on the Sticky Thread Titled " It's time to make a Diffrence" along with Mike's site that has all the info on what's going on. It is not always up to date but close. I want to remind everyone that on his site he has a guest book which at this time his Mom and Wife Kelli read to him in the hospital. I encourge you all to drop him a line they tell me he likes to hear from everyone! I will update as I get info.
Gery S.

catalinaskiracer
04-04-2006, 02:00 PM
The latest on an amazing Man...
Mike is finally awake after 5 days of being sedated. He is a little confused, but doing really well. He is an amazing man. He has such determination to fight this and not let it get the best of him. His vitals are great and his spirits are good. He was disappointed that he did not get the liver yet. It was hard to tell him that. We know it will be any day. He is still #1 on the list for the "O" patients and ready to get it.
They took him off the 24 hour dialysis and now they are doing it 3 hours everyday. This will help him when his kidneys are not working as good but still give them a chance to do their job and get stronger.
He is not able to have anything by mouth yet and that is killing him. You can only imagine how dry his mouth must be after not eating or drinking for a week. He is begging for a Mtn. Dew Slirppee One of his favorites.
It has been wonderful to see him coming back to his old self, as best as he can. He is driving the nurses crazy but of course he has them wrapped around his little finger. They all love him and give into him too easy. That's just the kind of guy Mike is...everyone loves him. I know you all know that.
We continue to pray that Mike will stay strong and healthy until the liver comes and that time will come quickly. Mike has enjoyed me reading the entries in the guestbook that he missed over the last few days, thank you for your sweet words. We love you and are so grateful we have your love and support to strengthen us.