PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cosby a BIGOT?

OGShocker
05-21-2004, 10:16 AM
The Washington Post
May 21, 2004
Bill Cosby was anything but politically correct in his remarks at a Constitution Hall bash in Washington commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Brown vs. Board of Education decision. To everyone's astonishment, laughter and applause, Cosby mocked everything from urban fashion to black spending and speaking habits.
"Ladies and gentlemen, the lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal," he said Monday night. "These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids - $500 sneakers for what?
"And they won't spend $200 for 'Hooked on Phonics.' ...
"They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English," he said. "I can't even talk the way these people talk: 'Why you ain't.' 'Where you is.' ... And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk. ... Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. ... You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth!"
When Cosby finally concluded, Howard University President H. Patrick Swygert, NAACP President Kweisi Mfume and NAACP legal defense fund head Theodore Shaw came to the podium looking stone-faced. Shaw told the crowd that most people on welfare are not African-American, and many of the problems his organization has addressed in the black community were not self-inflicted.
Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc.
I think not. I wonder what would happen if President Bush made the same comments.:confused:

AquaBoogie
05-21-2004, 10:24 AM
I applaud Mr. Cosby for saying that. It's true.

78Eliminator
05-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Trash is trash and it has no color. But I understand what he was saying. If a black person makes a true statment about white trash, he is called "racist" even if it's true. And that goes the other way too. So, as hard as it may be, you gotta have someone with your same skin color standing up to try and promote education and get rid of all the people that falsely represent your own race and add fuel to the fire of racist ideas and stereotypes.
I applaud BC. Nice to stand up like that. I could write a book on the white culture and the trash that falsely represent us. Heck, just watch "Cops" :D

schiada96
05-21-2004, 10:36 AM
We used to steel the wheels. Bill cosby why is there air funny album.

Kachina26
05-21-2004, 10:41 AM
Bill Cosby has an awesome biography. He values education like nobody's business.

Dr. Eagle
05-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by AquaBoogie
I applaud Mr. Cosby for saying that. It's true.
way to go Cliff Huxtable....:D

eliminatedsprinter
05-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by schiada96
We used to steel the wheels. Bill cosby why is there air funny album.
"Why is There Air" is a Classic.
So are "Bill Cosby is a Very Funny Fellow, Right?" and "To Russel my Brother Whom I Slept With".:cool: :D
"Wonderfulness" is also an all time great.:D :D

Screaming Pete
05-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Bil is a fan of education but .....he is very pro black and I don't see anything wrong with that, he does not pull any punches when it comes to his .02. and his comedy is off the charts, loved them when i was a kid

CA Stu
05-21-2004, 02:24 PM
That am not kewl.
I is going to boykot Jell-o.
Thanks
CA Stu

Kilrtoy
05-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Sometimes,
THE TRUTH HURTS