PDA

View Full Version : Embarrasing

39MTI
05-21-2004, 08:53 PM
1st off i read the board id say one or twice every 10 days or so , and have heard more than a ton about havasu, I just read a post about brining the family there, we finally took the race canopies ofF onE of our supercat race boats to do some of these poker runs someone tells me there is one weekend after memorial . Is bringing the family a bad idea on memorial weekend ive always wanted to check it out on a busy weekend. but then hear stories about if u have a bigger cat everyone wants to race u and cut u off seeing hows half the time my 21 year old daughter will be driving im a little leary of this is this true or all talk , and the embarrassing part is ive been racing supercats for 10 years now and have never been to havasu so go easy on me LOL

Ziggy
05-21-2004, 09:30 PM
There are certain area's of the lake where the hyjinx activity is prevelant, as far as people wantin to race, let 'em throttle up and go away by themselves if they do.
I've had my family out on a number of holiday weekends but generally stay away from the provocative regions,,,which really get gnarley as the day goes along and the drinks have been flowing...early in the day its still rather ok in most places.
Enjoy your time, thats the key.

plaster dave
05-21-2004, 09:32 PM
ROFL

JetBoatRich
05-21-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by riodog
Let's see if we understand the situation 39mti. You're 31 years old, with a 21 year old daughter, and have been racing supercats for 10 years? Yep, you'll fit right in and if you want I'll be more than happy to daughter-sit for you !
Rio:D
Way to put it all together and summarize the story:D

locogringo
05-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Most people will get out of your way (except the rented boats and new boaters).
Follow the stream that goes away from most of the boats and you should be fine. With a 39, if anyone cuts you off, I feel sorry ofor them.
:D

39MTI
05-22-2004, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by riodog
Let's see if we understand the situation 39mti. You're 31 years old, with a 21 year old daughter, and have been racing supercats for 10 years? Yep, you'll fit right in and if you want I'll be more than happy to daughter-sit for you !
Rio:D [/QUOTE I,m his son this is my screen name that he dont know what hes doing if he posts again dont listen to him , he can throttle a boat very well but he dont know what's up on here
Jason

HighRoller
05-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Rio, if she's 21 then she's a bit old for you, don't you think?

Dr. Eagle
05-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Rio, if she's 21 then she's a bit old for you, don't you think?
So like 14s more his speed>??

HighRoller
05-22-2004, 11:48 PM
zactly.....

paradigm shift
05-23-2004, 07:07 AM
39MTI welcome to the board!
All the kidding aside Havazoo (no miss spell) is a ZOO on a Holiday weekend. Go for the week not just the weekend. This will give you time to see the lake not just the holiday craziness.
Public ramps in Havasu City have been known to be closed because of NO PARKING AREAS left by noon on holidays. Stay out of the channel after 9:00am in the morning with a 39' super cat. Signs say nothing over 36' allowed in the channel but they do not always enforce it. The channel has to be experienced to believe and the pictures you see only show part of show. My suggestion is to rent a houseboat Saturday or Sunday if you want to go through the channel on a holiday weekend. I have a 29' and avoid the channel on Holidays.
There will be many boaters who do not observe traffic or traffic pattern rules of the road on the lake and the channel. Expect the unexpected and drive DEFENSIVLY on HOLIDAY weekends. We should all do this anyway but on a holiday extra caution is the word here. Havasu is not a large lake for a 39’ super cat at speed.
You will have to launch at Windsor depending on where you are staying. Windsor launch on a Holiday is another thread in it self.
Come on down you will enjoy it just trying to post a realistic expectation. :D :D
Work will not allow us to make Memorial Day this year but we should be there for the 4th. Sure would like to see your ride.