PDA

View Full Version : Bow Rail Adjustment

PurplePoison
04-03-2006, 06:32 AM
I am in the process of updating my 1988 Open Bow Lavey Craft and am of the opinion that the first thing I need to do is to replace/shorten my stainless bow rail. Its one of those that sit up about 6" and come to a point at the front. Can anyone out there tell me where I could go to have a new set made up or to have mine modified. I think that it would probably be cheaper to just find someone to fab a set up for me, I dont know. I am in the Riverside Calif. area. Thanks

Up 4 River
04-12-2006, 12:09 PM
My Dad has a 1989 Sleek Craft open bow and is in the process of a rebulid as well. He had that bow rail you talked about replaced and had it updated with two single rails on both sides. He is happy with the work and the way they turned out. The company that did the work is in Costa Mesa. I will find out their name and post it later today.
U4R

BADBLOWN572
04-12-2006, 03:17 PM
I do not know the actual name of the company, but it is owned by the same guy who owns Designer Marine Interiors. They manufacture a large amount of bow rails for various boat manufacturers. Call designer and ask them about it. They are located out in Corona right next door to GS Marine.

PurplePoison
04-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks fellas. The single rails are exactly what I am lookin for.

Up 4 River
04-13-2006, 02:08 PM
My Dad said the name of the company is Advance Specialties and they are located in Costa Mesa. I've been to the shop and west of Newport Blvd. just south of where the 55 freeway ends. They did the new rail in one day. I don't have the number but I'm sure you can find them. Good luck.
U4R

PurplePoison
05-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Mad Props to Fabricators West in Costa Mesa in less than one day they hooked me up w/2 highly polished, stainless rails installed for $400.00. Another place in Costa Mesa (Rail Makers) quoted me $750.00 over the phone for the same. Ask for Jaime.