PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mohave--Memorial

hd&boatrider
05-24-2004, 06:02 AM
I will be out and probably hanging out at the 12 mile marker on the AZ side. No Gasoline Ally for me as I will have a couple of friends with their young daughters. Well, I might be able to drive thru GA but that is about it :) I will be out of Katherines about 10 or so everyday. Also going to go on a night ride one night.
Any of you that are up there stop by and say hi and lets have a beer.
After Memorial weekend I will be heading up to Havasu to get ready for OP6 :).

DogHouse
05-24-2004, 07:54 AM
Tom, we'll be there, but waaay north of you! We're launching @Cottonwood on Friday and heading upstream several miles to find a nice cove to camp in. I kinda doubt that we'll head south at all. If you decide to make a day trip to Willow or Hoover, feel free to stop by! We'll have the Magic, a white/purple Edge jetboat, a couple other family type boats, and probably a bunch of kids at our camp. Have a great weekend!
:cool:

hd&boatrider
05-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by DogHouse
Tom, we'll be there, but waaay north of you! We're launching @Cottonwood on Friday and heading upstream several miles to find a nice cove to camp in. I kinda doubt that we'll head south at all. If you decide to make a day trip to Willow or Hoover, feel free to stop by! We'll have the Magic, a white/purple Edge jetboat, a couple other family type boats, and probably a bunch of kids at our camp. Have a great weekend!
:cool:
If the weather is nice I might be heading up there by you. If so I will keep my eye out for you. I too will have kids on this trip.

Kilrtoy
05-24-2004, 06:07 PM
When we used to go out there, That is where we always laid the day camp...... nice away from people and prying EYES

hd&boatrider
05-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
When we used to go out there, That is where we always laid the day camp...... nice away from people and prying EYES
You talking about where DH is going or the 12 mile marker?

dicudmore
05-24-2004, 10:16 PM
personally I prefer the north end of the lake although I always launch out of Katherine's and just drive the boat that way....
Lot of morons around katherine's.
Pulling out of gasoline alley saturday evening (just pulled in for a look and back out, beached most of the day in the cove next to Katherine's and hung at the dam too) was like trying to cross the middle of a poker run or something....
boats going every which way, WIND and more wind.....
Went for the old adage a wise man told me about the river (Keith Sayre) STAND ON IT, aim for the middle and they will move.....
worked like a charm....