PDA

View Full Version : Rio Del Colorado (Parker)

Waldo
05-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Okay, I thought last week my thread on "Windmill" resort would be my last regarding Parker mobile parks.
Well, the Mrs. and I went by the Rio last Friday, after looking at a place in Windmill, and found something that really stood out and just "felt right".
Anyone have or had a place there??? We met with Shirley and she showed us around. Nice huge beach (even a dog beach which is a plus), restaurant/bar, pool/jacuzzi...looks like it's going happen for us.:)
Again, I am looking for feedback on the park and thank you for your replies!

Jrocket
05-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Awesome place.I have 3 friends that all have places in there.Another 4 friends that put their trilers in there during the summer.Theres also another 3 people from the boards that I know of that have places in there.Great place to stay.The bar is great and so is the beach.Not to roudy but still alot of fun on big weekends.Its one of the better places down there in my opinion.Shirley is cool and no problems from here at all.My buddys has a place right across the street from Shirley and he's only had a word from her once,and it was our fault.Totally deserved it.WAY to loud at 4 A.M. The only thing they dont go for is racing around on golf carts or XR50's etc...You can run them just not baja 500 style like we did for awhile.The bar has good food and good people own it.The only thing is the ramp is tricky to use,very fast current there.I use the state beach right next door,very easy to do.No problems at all.
Are you buying or renting a spot?

Beautiful Noise
05-24-2004, 08:48 AM
My Buddy has a place 1st row right on the water at the RIO and they love it,They've never had any problems:D

Waldo
05-24-2004, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys.
Jrocket, we are buying and have a purchase agreement at the present time. Hopefully escrow will close in a couple weeks (both parties want a very quick one). We are just hoping and praying everything comes together smoothly, as we REALLY like that park.
Waldo<-----------Haven't slept since Friday

Waldo
05-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the comments...Anyone else???

boatnam2
05-24-2004, 10:52 AM
nice choice waldo.nice little bar to grab a beer or burger.storage units.beach which is never busy or crowded.there is a public launch ramp right next door if the ramp at rio is not so hot.good luck where just across the way so we will have to hook up sometime.p.s. stay away from jrocket he will get you kicked out.

Jrocket
05-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
p.s. stay away from jrocket he will get you kicked out.
There might be some truth to this!:D

Jrocket
05-24-2004, 08:29 PM
Another bonus is in the winter you can ride(very quietly)right from the park out into the hills on your bikes or quads.Shirley is cool with it as long as you go slow and arent causing a problem.We stay right directly across from her on the corner,shes alwasy watching the house and stuff.My buddy that bought the place got a awesome deal on it and Im looking to buy soon.I passed on a small single wide that I should have bought.Some guy bought it for 22K and turned around 6 months later and got 30K.Ill be down there this weekend and the next as well.Stop by and ask for Johhny Rocket if my DCB is there.

mbrown2
05-24-2004, 10:16 PM
JRocket,
See you on the strip...we will be floating around, hitting the sandbars, and hopefully stopping in at the local establishments...:D

Jrocket
05-25-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Knuckle head
Just watch out for the kids on golf carts at midnight when there on their way to go chase donkeys:D
Who you call'n a kid!:D

Waldo
05-25-2004, 07:27 AM
Jrocket, you read my mind...
Although we don't have any bikes at the moment (my kids are 2 and 3 mos.), we will have some family dirt toys in the future.
The two greatest things that I grew up with were the river in the summer and riding dirt bikes in the winter. I only hope and pray I can provide these same memories for my own wife and kids!!!
We can't wait...If you know where Harold "The Maintenance Man/Grounds Keeper" lives, it's the double next to it (#85) w/the horshoe pits (bonus).
Our first trip out there will be the June 11th weekend. We have prior commitments and escrow isn't supposed to close until June 9th.
We'll definitely have to hook up for a cold one or two!!!