PDA

View Full Version : stereo time...suggestions needed.

jeepman
04-03-2006, 07:40 AM
ok...guys, wondered if I could get some advice.
I am really open to whatever...but here is kinda what I was thinking. I have a 1988 23ft VIP. Doing a mild restore on it...all new interior, paint, and rub rail, and tossing a ton of Lowarance electronics in it...and while I was doing all that I wanted to toss in some tunes.
I am good on batteries...I have 3 optima blue tops. For subs...I wanted to do something under the rear bench seat...I was thinking something like 2-3 10" subs. While the interior was getting re-done I was going to have them vent the rear seat bench so that a sub enclose could be built in it or out of it. I was going to use 3 pair of JL audio 6.5's...and I guess marine speakers. gonna do my best to not get this stuff wet...but it will, so I fiigured I should be safe and go with marine. For Amps I was thinking the JL Audio 500/5 and the JL Audio mono 500. Use the mono to power two of the subs, use the one sub channel off the 500/5 to power the other, and then the other channels off the 500/5 to power the 6.5's. As far as the deck...I am good there..probably an Eclipse of some sort. I was also thinking about tossing in a cleansweep...but not too sure how that really plays out in a boat.
It's been awhile since I have done any stereo stuff, and I have never really done one in a boat that sounded worth a flip...always had free air subs and crap. I wanted to do something on this one that actually sounded good. open to any suggestions!!! thanks!

ROZ
04-03-2006, 08:33 AM
The 5005 isn't for your application... It's 100x2 for the front 2 channels, and 25 x2 for the rear speakers... Not enough juice

jeepman
04-03-2006, 07:31 PM
great...thanks for the info.
what would be a good amp or amps for my application?
thanks again.

ROZ
04-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Since you already planned to go with a JL amp, I'd go with the JL 4504 at about the same money. You can run 3 pr off it easily. PArallel 2 pr off the 150 x 2 channels, and the 3rd pair off the 75 x2 channels. This way all 3pr get 75watts...
Still use the jl5001 to power your 3 subwoofers.. It's a good amp for the job :)
BTW, cleansweep is used to connect aftermarket amps to OEM stereos.. Don't bother if you are going with a new deck..