PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pfaff Racing Engines

clownpuncher
05-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Kicks ass..............
I posted a "POLL" thread a while back about "How long 'till I get my boat back from Paul Pfaff Racing Engines".
After a lot of research I decided to go with Paul Pfaff. I know I paid a good chunk-O-dough but I'm happy and confident.
I gotta tell ya that I was pleasantly surprised that it only took 6 weeks from drop off to delivery. Complete with a boat detail.
Steve and Gordon at PP were the shit. Great commmunication during the whole process of rebuilding my engine and adding a little "oomph" while they had it apart.
I know there are lots of you fellas that build your own stuff, but, I aint that talented to build a solid, fairly built motor, blueprint the carb, balance the rotating assembly, hot tank, etc etc etc.
Needless to say I look forward to a fun "fast-enough-for-me-and-my-girl" summer. Best of all I know this engine is gonna last, HP's and all.
Anyone that's looking for a great builder of reliable HP should definatley give them a call. They build mild motors like mine, or, some serious 1300+ Hp full race engines. SPAM? hell yeah it is. With their customer service and reputation they deserve it :D
I'll post some pics of the new engine later.

shockwaveharry
05-26-2004, 03:26 PM
First class shop, all the way. Last year I found myself in need of an engine block "yesterday" and I was willing to settle for just about anything so I could make a trip to Powell a few days later. After exhausting every avenue I knew of, new or used, I didn't think I was going to make it. No one had what I needed in stock and they all wanted a "few days" to complete any machining necessary after they received the block. I then called Pfaff hoping that they might be able to help. After pleading my case, Steve asked me if I had my pistons. "Bring them over right now and I'll have the block ready for you this afternoon". When I dropped them off, he showed me the bare block. That afternoon, I picked it up line board, decked, cyl's board, cam bearings and freeze plugs installed and tanked. What a great place!

cbudge
05-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Paul, Gordon, Steve and everyone else at Pfaff really are second to none when it comes to customer service. Their fuel injected engines speak for themselves. They deserve a little praise once in a while.

KACHINA KEN
05-27-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm looking hard at the 600hp efi they are offering real hard, it will be Sept if I drop it in though.....
Kenny

roln 20s
05-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Hey Ken-
Pfaff makes a bad ass 600EFI, but so does Gary Taylor (gt on the boards) and TPBoats.com. Great quality, great svc, and very knowledgable. Bet he can really hook you up with a good deal- just tell him Roln20s said to call.
Chad- you going to the Howard regatta with the Bullet. I saw you at the Poker run, just never close enough to say hi. Hope all is well.
Roln 20s

KACHINA KEN
11-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Roln 20s
Where have you been dude, you like disappeared for awhile???

H20 Toie
11-06-2005, 08:22 AM
he is still gone that post was from 2 years ago. i think speedman is just trying to stir up some drama.

PHOTOGLOU
11-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Speedman.... Have a reply to your PM but PM's are down do you have an email address you can post here so I can reply????

PHOTOGLOU
11-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Jay PM me Iam getting them from others O by the way My DOC. says I do not have Cancer so watch out I might catch up to one of these days.
The big guy UP STAIRS is watching over me.
Thank god..... Glad to hear it sorry you and your family went through the scare of that.... I hope to see you running away from us soon.... NOW on this thread please understand nothing personal BUT people have different opinions and because yours is completely different then my LAST one with them dosen't mean we can't go out and boat or ***boat party together... Again I AM GLAD to hear your health issue is one less ything for you to have on your mind right now.... Jay

PHOTOGLOU
11-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Bring a flash light a die grinder with aircomp and a new lock you never know when they"ll be needed again.
Yes Kilr did need those..... Good talking to you today... AS PROMIISED I will call Paul in the morning and give him another chance to hear what I have to say.... Let's see if it ends differntly this time.... OR...............................

roln 20s
11-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Busy...but around. Seem to lurk now more than I post :) How's the new 34?