PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Alternator Issue

Hallett19
05-26-2004, 03:34 PM
sorry, I know this doesnt belong here, but I figured it would be seen and answered quickly. I see all these fancy shmancy diagrams you guys have and I was wondering if someone could get me one for a BBF setup with an external regulator. I have the system setup like this...... pay attention :D Ok, on the regulator, there are 4 prongs, I,A,S, and F from the I there is a small grey wire going to the fuse block, then off to the front of the boat, from the A there is another wire tied to the batteries that goes to the BAT on the alternator, the S prong has a small wire that goes to the FLD spot on the Alternator and the F prong has a small wire that goes to the STA on the alt. Please help me before I take that alt back to claim warranty. I just bought new batteries and the system still barely charges at anything over 12.5 with the motor cold and over 2k rpms !!!! :yuk:

Cheap Thrills
05-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Go here :D
http://www.theeren.net/articles/Tech%20Basics2_2003_6.pdf
C.T. :wink:http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127ford_VR.JPG

intense
05-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Hallett19
sorry, I know this doesnt belong here, but I figured it would be seen and answered quickly. I see all these fancy shmancy diagrams you guys have and I was wondering if someone could get me one for a BBF setup with an external regulator. I have the system setup like this...... pay attention :D Ok, on the regulator, there are 4 prongs, I,A,S, and F from the I there is a small grey wire going to the fuse block, then off to the front of the boat, from the A there is another wire tied to the batteries that goes to the BAT on the alternator, the S prong has a small wire that goes to the FLD spot on the Alternator and the F prong has a small wire that goes to the STA on the alt. Please help me before I take that alt back to claim warranty. I just bought new batteries and the system still barely charges at anything over 12.5 with the motor cold and over 2k rpms !!!! :yuk:
Swap the F and the STA and it will work if everything is OK

1stepcloser
05-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Hallett19
, the S prong has a small wire that goes to the FLD spot on the Alternator and the F prong has a small wire that goes to the STA on the alt. :yuk:
Maybe these should be reversed? You know s to the sta(tor) and f to f(ie)ld?

intense
05-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
Maybe these should be reversed? You know s to the sta(tor) and f to f(ie)ld?
Ain't that what I said:D

1stepcloser
05-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Damn skippy!! I just type slow....

Hallett19
05-26-2004, 03:56 PM
damn, you guys are quick and good and really made me feel stupid !!! :D THANKS !! I knew something had to be wrong when I wrote it on paper I said to myself "s goes to fld and f goes to sta.........mmmmmmmmm, ok" thanks for the quick replies everyone, that website was extremley helpful cheap thrills !! Hats off !!! AAAHHHH THANK YOU !!