PDA

View Full Version : seat belt ticket

dimarcobros
05-27-2004, 09:12 AM
I got one the other day.:mad: Let me ask you this.....what is the big deal? I am not putting anyone in danger besides myself and it is my life, so what does it matter to the CHP? It is not like I was speeding, it was in traffic on the way to work in the morning, and if I did get in an accident at 10 m.p.h. I am pretty sure the seat belt wouldn't matter. I understand it is the law, but why?
Can I fight this or just pay the fine and be done with it. By the way this is my third one. :D :rolleyes:
DMB

GrapeApe
05-27-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
I got one the other day.:mad: Let me ask you this.....what is the big deal? I am not putting anyone in danger besides myself and it is my life, so what does it matter to the CHP? It is not like I was speeding, it was in traffic on the way to work in the morning, and if I did get in an accident at 10 m.p.h. I am pretty sure the seat belt wouldn't matter. I understand it is the law, but why?
Can I fight this or just pay the fine and be done with it. By the way this is my third one. :D :rolleyes:
DMB
I say put your Belt on, and its a done deal.. Your 3rd Ticket for not wearing a Seatbelt...:idea: What is there to fight.. Its the Law. I never wore my seat belt, then I saw what your face can look like after a 40 mph face meets windshield accident.. Not to good..;)
*** Grape Ape ***

Brady Bunch
05-27-2004, 09:18 AM
I think after your 3rd seat belt ticket you have to go to the State mandatory SeatBelt School. I heard it sucks! lol

FastTimmy
05-27-2004, 09:18 AM
I always here the same thing and in fact say the same thing myself. I to asked the same question to a cop buddy and he told me this." It gets old scraping brains and waisting time because people only think it effects them. If they splat them selves I need to see it and clean it and I don't like to see it."
Kinda stuck with me....

rivercrazy
05-27-2004, 09:19 AM
Its all about revenues for the state. Nothing more and nothing less. Revenues for the state = TAXES.......
Things are getting totally out of control out there........Pretty soon you will have to pay to rip a fart in public...I hear they are banning smoking on public beaches and smoking in a car with kid is not illegal and subject to a $86 dollar fine.....I'm not pro smoking but give me a break. Pretty soon I'll need gov't permission to scratch my nads or pinch a loaf! LOL! :D

Havasu_Dreamin
05-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by FastTimmy
I always here the same thing and in fact say the same thing myself. I to asked the same question to a cop buddy and he told me this." It gets old scraping brains and waisting time because people only think it effects them. If they splat them selves I need to see it and clean it and I don't like to see it."
Kinda stuck with me....
That, and also, lets say someone who this happens to does not have insurance then the rest of us taxpayers are paying for the hospital bill for something that could have easily been prevented with 2 seconds worth of effort.

Jordy
05-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Pretty soon I'll need gov't permission to scratch my nads or pinch a loaf! LOL! :D
I hear they're figuring out a tax schedule for both of those acts. :D

HCS
05-27-2004, 09:22 AM
On not hip on seatbelt laws, helmet laws, life jacket laws. Or any
of that crap. The goverment needs to stay out of our business.
But their not going to. Cause their assholes. So you might as well
respect the law and wear your seat belt. That way they'll leave
you alone.

Scream
05-27-2004, 09:26 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by FastTimmy
Kinda stuck with me....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by HH
That, and also, lets say someone who this happens to does not have insurance then the rest of us taxpayers are paying for the hospital bill for something that could have easily been prevented with 2 seconds worth of effort.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And another thing, Who's gonna be left behind when you do get creamed all over the windshield or thrown from a flipping vehicle. Certainly not fair to them as well...Live with us bro, there's a whole lotta fun left to be had in this here world.

dimarcobros
05-27-2004, 09:27 AM
I always wear my seat belt when driving to the river or when I am going over 50. When I am driving around town I forget sometimes, or when I am driving to work in the morning in traffic. I don't think getting in an accident in stop and go traffic will cause my brains to be on the freeway. I understand it is the law, so should just stop complaining and put it on.
DMB

Ivan Dan
05-27-2004, 09:32 AM
I don't understand why some people have such a problem with putting on a seatbelt. I have a buddy that has gotten 4 or more seatbelt tickets and still continues to NOT wear his seat belt. Whats the big friggin deal? It takes a split second to put it on and split second to take it off when you get out. I wear my seatbelt EVERY time I drive because I believe they save lives and have seen too many statistics to show proof they do.

dimarcobros
05-27-2004, 09:33 AM
True......but they wrinkle your shirts. :D :D :D ;)
DMB

Ivan Dan
05-27-2004, 09:36 AM
:cool:

OGShocker
05-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Revenue! The lawmakers in this state found one more tax to levy on the working people. Voters UNITE!:D
I got pulled over and un-did my belt to reach my wallet. Took me five minutes to convince the officer I was wear it prior to being pulled over. Thankfully he believed me I had a hard enough time wanting to pay the fine $380.00 for driving at an "unsafe" speed. Like doing 55 MPH on a sidewalk in downtown L.A. is "unsafe":mad:

That Guy
05-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
True......but they wrinkle your shirts. :D :D :D ;)
As on of my cop friends used to say...Wow his head is stuck through the windshield but god damn...look at how there isn't a wrinkle in his shirt.
DMB :D :D

Brady Bunch
05-27-2004, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dimarcobros
[B]True......but they wrinkle your shirts. :D :D :D ;)
What a chick!

BigDogIvan
05-27-2004, 09:57 AM
If there were less stupid people doing stupid things. The government wouldn't need to step in and make stupid laws to protect the rest of us from the stupid acts of stupid people. :D
Just My Lil O'l 2 bits worth
BD

Waldo
05-27-2004, 10:11 AM
I grew up riding motorcycles in the desert. My dad taught me to always wear my riding gear, especially my helmet. This was always true when we rode our street bikes. He did this for seatbelts as well. I will pass this thinking along to my children as well.
However, when the helmet and seat belt laws were passed, both he and I feel it is an infringment on someone' rights to "make" them wear a helmet or seatbelt.
If a person chooses to NOT wear a safety item that could ultimately save their life, then let them and their families live with the possible consequences.
Not saying anyone is stupid for not wearing these things but you can die at any speed w/out wearing a seat belt because of the unique aspects of accidents.
If I were you, I'd tell them you have a rash and it hurts to put one on.:D

Brady Bunch
05-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Waldo
If I were you, I'd tell them you have a rash and it hurts to put one on.:D
A rash, that's funny! (Road Rash):eek:

HighRoller
05-27-2004, 10:36 AM
It used to be that wearing a seatbelt was common sense, but not anymore.I will always wear one since my Dad was a fireman for 36 years, but I disagree that handing out tickets for not wearing one is reasonable. It's all about the revenue, because who in here believes the government actually gives a crap if you die? They might care about your tax revenue but not you. Another thing I'm wondering is if all these states are complaining about being broke, where the hell are they getting millions of dollars to enforce this law? That should show you it's an INVESTMENT, spending money to make more money. It's the same with drunk driving. I'm against drunk driving, but if states were really serious they'd make the law zero tolerance. Instead, they keep the BAC limit at just above a drink or two so that they can nab the social drinkers as well as the drunks and make a pile of cash. Up here in Oregon they said they were getting "tough" on drunk driving. So did they lower the BAC? No. They raised the maximum fine to $10,000. Tell me it's not about money.

JOHNNYBEGOOD
05-27-2004, 10:37 AM
The reason these " stupid laws" are put into place has nothing to do with revenue for the state or to protect you form killing yourself.
It has everything to do with what happens when you DO NOT kill yourself. Who is gonna pay your medical bills now that you can not work? Who is gonna feed your kids now that you can not work? You may have insurance now but what happens when you are placed on disability? Who pays to send your kids to collage?
The bottom line is that it SAVES the government money. Wear your seat belts. Its the law.

rivercrazy
05-27-2004, 10:42 AM
I agree that wearing a belt is common sense. But ticketing drivers just for not wearing belts is all about revenues. The cops should be spending their time on more serious infractions or crimes. Pulling peeps for not wearing the belt with no other reason is beyond chicken shit!
IMO if your in an accident without a belt or helmet, etc, then the insurance companies should not be required to pay claims nor should the gov't. That would go a long way toward getting us back on track in the area of taking personal responsibility for your own actions. The ones with no common sense would reduce the bad gene pool! LOL! :D

Up 4 River
05-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Shep,
Put your seat belt on and then you won't have to pay 3 tickets and you don't waste our time responding to you on the boards. You know that bugs me when you don't wear your seatbelt in my truck. I always wear mine and try to make sure everyone in my truck wears one.
U4R

Screaming Pete
05-27-2004, 10:55 AM
I heard after 3 tickets they make you drive in a child saftey seat:D

Budget Baller
05-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Dimarcobros-
Go to Nordstorm to buy your shirts. Buy "smartcare" and they do not wrinkle. They are about $50.00 each.
Now what is your excuse...:D

Ducatista
05-27-2004, 10:58 AM
The CHP is currently having a crackdown "Click it, or ticket" enforcing the seatbelt laws.

moonridge
05-27-2004, 11:00 AM
click it or ticket!!! what is the big deal, it is not that hard to wear your seat belt and avoid getting a ticket

ratso
05-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Click It???...They Can Effing Stick It...

dimarcobros
05-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Budget Baller
Dimarcobros-
Go to Nordstorm to buy your shirts. Buy "smartcare" and they do not wrinkle. They are about $50.00 each.
Now what is your excuse...:D
How about I had some bad food last night and any pressure on my stomach may cuase some "leakage". :D :D
Kidding, I have been wearing it since so I guess it worked.:rolleyes:
DMB

Craig
05-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Growing up, my Mom worked for an insurance company, and many times, someone would get pretty mangled in a car accident and be stuck in a hospital bed. Most insurance only covers you to a million dollars I believe, and that can go fast in ICU. After that you're s.o.l. And as stated earlier, the taxpayers end up picking up the bill. A seat belt might have reduced if not prevented the injuries.
When I was 6 yr's old, my Mom hit a tree with our 1957 Oldsmobile. I was in the front seat, car didn't even have seat belts. I went into the windshiled and got 76 stitches in my face and head. Some scars are still with me after 40 years. A seat belt would have helped!

Wally_Gator
05-27-2004, 11:25 AM
These laws are just protecting those that would otherwise be taken out by natural selection.
Not that anyone that doesn't use a seatbelt is stupid.
But those that don't wear one and then goes and does stupid things would normally be selected out of existence.
The government is putting padded walls around all of the stupid people. No wonder society is going to hell.
Let people choose for themselves...

Salty Cracker
05-27-2004, 11:35 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Just wear the seatbelt, you can go ahead and just blame yoursel instead of everyone else!!

ratso
05-27-2004, 11:38 AM
My dad was in an accident last week trying to avoid another accident...he ran up under a semi-trailer at a pretty good rate of speed, and the air-bag went off...all he got was a sprained thumb. I knew a cop that did the same thing...wearing his seatbelt, and ran up under a semi-trailer...he is no longer with us. It should be a choice I think as long as your vehicle is equipped with an air-bag. If law enforcement is worried about saving lives (which I doubt) then ticket the cars that don't have air-bags. BTW I have pics of the truck my dad was in but I don't know how to post pics properly.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by ratso
My dad was in an accident last week trying to avoid another accident...he ran up under a semi-trailer at a pretty good rate of speed, and the air-bag went off...all he got was a sprained thumb. I knew a cop that did the same thing...wearing his seatbelt, and ran up under a semi-trailer...he is no longer with us. It should be a choice I think as long as your vehicle is equipped with an air-bag. If law enforcement is worried about saving lives (which I doubt) then ticket the cars that don't have air-bags. BTW I have pics of the truck my dad was in but I don't know how to post pics properly.
First off, glad your dad is ok. trucks can be repalced, people can't.
Now, you mentieond that your dad was in a truck which is going to ride higher than a patrol car. Knowing nothing about either accident I would speculate that the difference in vehicles had something to do with the police officer having not survived.

Boatcop
05-27-2004, 12:11 PM
It's all about the money...It's all about the money...It's all about the money....Blah Blah Blah. :cry: :cry: :cry:
In Arizona a Seat Belt violation is a secondary offense. That means that we cannot stop specifically for no seat belt, but if the driver or passenger (16 or under) in the front seat is not wearing a seat belt when stopped for another offense, the driver can be cited for failure to wear a seat belt. A front seat passenger 17 or older can be personally cited for the offense.
The fine?
$10.00
Yep. It's all about the money. Never mind that Arizona has the highest rate of vehicle roll-overs in the Nation, and that a person ejected from a vehicle in a roll over will be crushed by the vehicle in 9 out of 10 cases.
Make your own decisions. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and telling you to buckle up. We want you to, so WE (the taxpayers) don't have to support you, (the vegetable) for the rest of your miserable life, or support your widow and orphaned kids on welfare for the rest of their lives, since you decided that not wearing your seat belt only affected YOU!
Keep this in mind as you're coming to the River this weekend, driving over 100 MPH on Rice Road.
I just hope we don't meet by accident. If we do, I'll be sure to bring my spatula.

OGShocker
05-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Boatcop
Keep this in mind as you're coming to the River this weekend, driving over 100 MPH on Rice Road.
I just hope we don't meet by accident. If we do, I'll be sure to bring my spatula.
So, Alan, you getting into that BIG weekend mood? j/k:D

Seadog
05-27-2004, 12:21 PM
My wife had to deal with people that had just lost loved ones or those who could no longer care for theirselves and had to rely on Social Security. It got old hearing about how a seat belt would have kept Daddy alive or not an invalid. When you think about how much the government spends on people who insists on their 'rights', I think that it should be law that if you get killed or maimed while not wearing a seatbelt, your family will not get any death benefits or long term disability care. Agree to that and then tell them what you have done. I'd be willing to promote a waiver just for you.

ratso
05-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Good frigging God...it's a choice. There's the helmet laws...not having to wear one in some states...explain that to me please...Seatbelts are not 100% effective in all cases. I carry insurance...if you don't then it should be your ass...but I don't see these rip-off con artist insurance companies going broke. I don't care how many cases you throw at me about why to wear them...I can come up with plenty on why not to wear them. F##K...outlaw cigarettes and booze while you are at it...that's a choice too isn't it???:D

coolchange
05-27-2004, 12:55 PM
People who dont wear seatbelts or helmets etc. suffer from low self esteem, so my psycologist buddy says.
Drivin down the street and a car makes a right onto the street and is comin my way. Not doin 10 mph around the corner and then the door flies open and out spiders this kid into traffic. I almost hurled right there cause I knew what was comin. Luckily everyone avoided it and I stopped to see if the kid was OK. Mom says "He wont keep his belt on" ( she wasn't wearing hers). After I fouond out he was OK I ****in RAGED at the mom. She thought I was gonna kill her!
Doesn't effect anyone else? I'm sure glad I didn't have to live with the memory of that kid goin under my truck.

RUCAV
05-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Damn right its all about revenue. Do you know what the fine is in the state of California for not wearing your seatbelt, which is not a point on your record. Are you ready, its huge? $20 whole dollars. WOW. Yes, I am being a smartass. Unfortunately I had to go to this womans home last year and tell her son and his wife that his mother had died within 100 yards of his house in a collision. It was at 44 MPH and she wasnt wearing her seatbelt. If you dont want to do it for you, do it for your wife, son, daughter, girlfriend or whoever.

jbtrailerjim
05-27-2004, 01:28 PM
I'm just sitting here shaking my head and reading all the people who still bitch about seat belt and helmet laws. Get over it people. It's the law. The law's were put in place to help save your live's not create revenue.

hd&boatrider
05-27-2004, 01:30 PM
I got one in Norco this week. While I was getting the ticket some idiot ran a red light not 20 feet from us and almost took out two cars. The cop did not go get them :(.
Anyhow, I don't know if someone mentioned it or not but I believe this is a special weeklong thing...nationally I believe..to enforce the setbelt law where it is illegal to not wear one.

roostwear
05-27-2004, 01:38 PM
In Arizona a Seat Belt violation is a secondary offense. That means that we cannot stop specifically for no seat belt, but if the driver or passenger (16 or under) in the front seat is not wearing a seat belt when stopped for another offense, the driver can be cited for failure to wear a seat belt. A front seat passenger 17 or older can be personally cited for the offense.
The fine?
$10.00
It started that way in California, too! I claimed bullsh1t, and guess what, I proven right!
Laws throughout history were made to protect others. Now, they are made to protect us from ourselves. Don't you feel so much SAFER now?:yuk:

rivercrazy
05-27-2004, 01:46 PM
I have no problem wearing my seatbelt - law or no law. I also wear my helmet riding my street bike. I don't need no stinking law to take personal responsibility for my life/actions....Get the friggen govenment out of my life.
But in CA the cops can pull you over for ticket for not wearing a seatbelt without any other infractions. The current promotion of click it or ticket is a revenue raising campaign pure and simple......
Bottom line is it is another revenue source for the state and it takes resources away from taxpayers that would rather see law enforcement go after more serious crimes.....IMHO!:D

MagicMtnDan
05-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Yes it's annoying getting pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt.
Yes it's about revenue but it's clearly also about safety.
But the real point is be GLAD you got a ticket for seatbelt - it's about the cheapest ticket you can get and most importantly, you don't get any points on your record so the effen insurance companies can't ding you for the next fifty years! (In my next life I want to get paid more whenever people get tickets - what a racket!!!).
By the way, whenever you get pulled over for something that'll give you a point or two or three...talk to the cop and if you see any possibility that he/she might be a bit lenient ask him/her to consider writing you up for not having your seatbelt on instead. They do get credit for pulling you over and writing you up for it (and that's what they're really concerned with is their job performance) so you just might want to give it a try. Of course you might also talk yourself into an extra ticket for not having your seat belt on :D but it's worked for me.
Best idea is to buckle up - even if you don't give a sheot your family will probably prefer to have you here. :cool:

NastyOne
05-27-2004, 02:10 PM
I think its more about defying the man (government) than it is taking the time to just put it on. Like some of the guys said.. pretty soon we are going to have to pay just to take a shit.

Boatcop
05-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Take a minute to drag put your insurance policies and read them. I'll bet that there's a clause in there that denies coverage if you're injured in an accident and not wearing your seat belt.
Air bags are great. But if your not wearing your seat belt and shoulder harness, all they do is help propel you out of the vehicle.

WILDERTHANU
05-27-2004, 03:11 PM
I'VE HAD 6 OF OF THOSE ****ING TICKETS....... A COUPLE AROUND TOWN, THREE ON THE WAY TO THE RIVER(AS IM GETTING PULLED OVER FOR SPEEDING), AND THEY ALSO GET ME ON THE 57 WHEN IM SITTING IN RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC. I WEAR IT A BIT MORE THESE DAYS......MY FIRST CAR ONLY HAD RACING BELTS, SO I GOT IN THE HABIT OF NOT PUTTING IT ON, AND YES A VERY BAD HABBIT. THAT BELT HAS SAVED MULTIPLE FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS, INCLUDING MY DAD AND BROTHER...

Backfire
05-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Seadog
My wife had to deal with people that had just lost loved ones or those who could no longer care for theirselves and had to rely on Social Security. It got old hearing about how a seat belt would have kept Daddy alive or not an invalid. When you think about how much the government spends on people who insists on their 'rights', I think that it should be law that if you get killed or maimed while not wearing a seatbelt, your family will not get any death benefits or long term disability care. Agree to that and then tell them what you have done. I'd be willing to promote a waiver just for you.
I always felt that this is the compromise that would have headed off the need for a helmet law.... either complete exemption from any government services for a non-wearer and their survivors or requirement of a special no-helmet insurance policy as a condition of not wearing one!
As seatbelts go, I can tell you that, being a truck driver, I see accidents weekly where people have been ejected and splattered. Over the years, I've had two horrendous wrecks that would have certainly ejected me and killed me and both times I walked away without a scratch because I have been a habitual seatbelt user for over 30 years. Yes, there can be circumstances where a seatbelt might not help you survive, but those instances are statistically insignificant. Even if you aren't ejected in an accident, bouncing around inside a vehicle can severely injure you and it's WAY less likely that you will be able to remain in control of a vehicle when you are not strapped in the seat. Think about natural forces in an accident and try to honestly say you would remain in control if thrown from your seat... I DON'T THINK SO!
I once was issued a truck without seatbelts for a day and I insisted that I'd rather drive a truck without a door than one without a seatbelt!

Ziggy
05-27-2004, 05:12 PM
It should be a choice I think as long as your vehicle is equipped with an air-bag. .
Air bags are supplimentary to the belts---thats why they say SRS(sup. restraint system) on them...air bags won't do diddly for you if you ain't got your belt on, you body will either dive under them or maybe get bounced right out of the car from their force.
Lets put it this way...many of you peeps saw the acident on I10 near Cabazon a week ago, the two who perrished in that accident were too fricken lazy or "didn't like it" and didn't wear their seatbelts so they got thrown, the one who did put on their belt walked away with slight abrasions.
I'm sure many of you have seen the video thats been posted where the guy fell asleep while driving, and got tossed around like a rag doll in the car.....cars are designed to protect you if you are in the seat securely as designed.
BULLSHIT if you think it'll never happen to you, cuz anything can happen at any given moment.
Its kinda like the fried egg and drug commercial.
Do yourself a favor and a bigger favor to your loved ones, just wear the damn thing and get used to it...it ain't all that bad.

Tinkerer
05-27-2004, 05:49 PM
If you don't think that you can get hurt in stop and go traffic.
Try this -- run real fast head first into a patio door.
The patio door will give more than a windshield would and you will only be going about 10- 13 MPH.
You will at the least get a concussion - NOW imagine going 20 or even 30 MPH doing the same thing.
Have you ever been in a slow speed accident???
At slow speeds the car tends to stop real fast and YOU don't.
In a high speed accident the car doesn't tend to stop as fast unless you hit a BIG object head on.

Kilrtoy
05-27-2004, 05:52 PM
WOW
Obviously they are not the same, I guess its not obvious, you thought they were the same and if they were, then the cop would not be dead.
Its about revenue, MY ASS. I just looked up the law and the fine is $20, HOLY SHIT, The state is getting rich.
A "SRS" is just that, SUPPLEMENTAL. It deploys and then goes away just as quick. In an Accident you still can hit other things or get hit by something after the intial impact, it would be called secondary impact...
DONT WEAR YOUR SEATBEALT, it is a great way to thin the herd...... :yuk:

plaster dave
05-27-2004, 05:53 PM
now tell me how many of you pro seat belt wearing people have a boat with alot of hp. come on we are all doing 70- 100 something with no seat belts, and everyone is f***ed up on beer looking @ some chick in a g-sting weeving in and out of boats so who cares if you wear it, it's your choice f*** the man :D :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
05-27-2004, 07:04 PM
That is a lame excuse, beer speeding and looking at chicks in G-strings.
Even race boats dont have seat belts, I WONDER WHY

plaster dave
05-27-2004, 07:26 PM
no i agree with you but its are choice so who cares. but they all want to say its dangerous ,and you leave loved one behind,

Kilrtoy
05-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Can anyone tell me
"AT WHAT SPEED DOES YOUR BODY WEIGHT TRANSFER BEGINS TO CREATE INTERNAL ORGAN DAMAGE"?

plaster dave
05-27-2004, 07:45 PM
where in chatsworth you live?

Kilrtoy
05-27-2004, 07:46 PM
TOPANGA AND DEV

plaster dave
05-27-2004, 07:49 PM
lol i live @ lassen & mason but i am buying a house on ownsmouth between dev. chats.

Kilrtoy
05-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Which one
there are two

plaster dave
05-27-2004, 07:52 PM
up the steet from the cat.:D between devinshire & chatsworth

Kilrtoy
05-27-2004, 07:54 PM
The horse property or the non horse property

plaster dave
05-27-2004, 07:56 PM
non horse prop. my only horse is my boat :D

wet77
05-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Wife and I were in a head on @ highway speeds 60+
The guy crossed the centerline and hit us.
Wife ended up with broken legs and the parking brake stuck in her left leg:frown:
She had to go to her high school graduation in a wheel chair but at least she was alive.
I was in the passenger side and just ended up with whiplash and a nasty bruise across my chest from THE SEAT BELT.
The paramedics that came to our aid said without both of us using the seat belts we would not be here today:eek:
WHERE YOUR SEAT-BELT:cool:
Maybe I would still be here today without the belt but sucking through a straw and drooling all day while looking out the window as someone else takes my boat to the lake would be a life I would not want!

Kilrtoy
05-27-2004, 08:34 PM
And wet what was their speed:confused:

ratso
05-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
WOW
Obviously they are not the same, I guess its not obvious, you thought they were the same and if they were, then the cop would not be dead.
Its about revenue, MY ASS. I just looked up the law and the fine is $20, HOLY SHIT, The state is getting rich.
A "SRS" is just that, SUPPLEMENTAL. It deploys and then goes away just as quick. In an Accident you still can hit other things or get hit by something after the intial impact, it would be called secondary impact...
DONT WEAR YOUR SEATBEALT, it is a great way to thin the herd...... :yuk:
You still own a bike? Should those be outlawed? Do you wear a helmet? Some states you do...some states you don't have too. Would a helmet be supplemental? If you are in a collision will that helmet save your ass? Let's see...I guess the front bumper of a truck would be the initial impact...the windshield would be the secondary impact. Helmet or not...what will be the last thing to go through your mind? Do ride your bike...helmet or not...it's a great way to thin the herd...:D

Kilrtoy
05-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Bikes are dangerous.
Went down twice last year, both times not my fault.
One time into a parked mercedes at 25MPH. HEAD FIRST. So yes the helmet did save my life.
If you are in a collision will that helmet save your ass
Answered above
Helmet or not...what will be the last thing to go through your mind?
based on your statement, GLASS

boxscore
05-27-2004, 09:17 PM
I can't honestly believe that this thread gets 3 pages of interest. I didn't look at the first 2 , but get real... just put a friggin seatbelt on.... whats the dealio?

Kilrtoy
05-27-2004, 09:18 PM
I can't honestly believe that this thread gets 3 pages of interest. I didn't look at the first 2 , but get real... just put a friggin seatbelt on.... whats the dealio?
I concur
"AT WHAT SPEED DOES YOUR BODY WEIGHT TRANSFER BEGINS TO CREATE INTERNAL ORGAN DAMAGE"?
Still waiting for an answer

ratso
05-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Bikes are dangerous.
Went down twice last year, both times not my fault.
One time into a parked mercedes at 25MPH. HEAD FIRST. So yes the helmet did save my life.
If you are in a collision will that helmet save your ass
Answered above
Helmet or not...what will be the last thing to go through your mind?
based on your statement, GLASS
Here in Texas you don't have to wear one. I do if I'm in a high traffic area. Here in Texas it's all about revenue, something like 200 for no seatbelt. I would rather be in a collision in my truck without a seatbelt than on my bike with a helmet. They want to save lives? I say bullshit on that...or else they will have to outlaw bikes...or else they don't give a rats ass about bikers and want to get rid of as many as possible...;)

ratso
05-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by boxscore
T&A gets a hell of a lot more.:D

ratso
05-27-2004, 09:23 PM
I concur
Still waiting for an answer
Uh...more than 25mph I bet...

Kilrtoy
05-27-2004, 09:27 PM
No lower than that.

dc96819
05-28-2004, 01:48 AM
Cheaper to pay the $85 then waisting your time,you can pay it online to.

Rexone
05-28-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Things are getting totally out of control out there........Pretty soon you will have to pay to rip a fart in public... :D
I agree with the seat belt law in saving the gov money for taking care of your sorry ass if you don't die, and your family etc, etc, etc, and I don't think it's about revenue.... but more importantly...
We've already instituted a policy within Rex Marine regarding farting. Anyone caught passing gas within the office areas of the building can lose a vacation day. If it's a "silent but deadly" they can be sent home without pay too for subversive behavior in the workplace. And if there's anything "bran or laxative related" it's all of the above plus loss of future pay raise. Repeated gassing of common areas results in termination of employment.
Hopefully the government will soon follow our lead and make this policy effective nationwide. Perhaps even Canada will adopt it. Now that would solve the budget problems I'll bet.

Ziggy
05-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
I agree with the seat belt law in saving the gov money for taking care of your sorry ass if you don't die, and your family etc, etc, etc, and I don't think it's about revenue.... but more importantly...
We've already instituted a policy within Rex Marine regarding farting. Anyone caught passing gas within the office areas of the building can lose a vacation day. If it's a "silent but deadly" they can be sent home without pay too for subversive behavior in the workplace. And if there's anything "bran or laxative related" it's all of the above plus loss of future pay raise. Repeated gassing of common areas results in termination of employment.
Hopefully the government will soon follow our lead and make this policy effective nationwide. Perhaps even Canada will adopt it. Now that would solve the budget problems I'll bet.
LOL-Must have a lot of taco shops near your shop if you've instituted such a strict policy on flatulence:D :D
Put your belts on people...it becomes a habit just like unzipping before pissing.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-28-2004, 01:51 PM
I fell out of a car when I was little, not wearing my seatbelt, so I wear it all the time. Almost feel naked without it on.

ratso
05-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
LOL-Must have a lot of taco shops near your shop if you've instituted such a strict policy on flatulence:D :D
Put your belts on people...it becomes a habit just like unzipping before pissing.
I hate going on a road trip with someone who thinks it's cute to let one rip every chance they get...like to pop their seatbelt loose and kick their ass out of the car.:D

ROZ
05-28-2004, 02:03 PM
[Bit becomes a habit just like unzipping before pissing. [/B] People really do that? :D

Ziggy
05-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
I fell out of a car when I was little, not wearing my seatbelt, so I wear it all the time. Almost feel naked without it on.
Thats odd, it happened to my wife when she was young riding with her sister...fell out right in the middle of an intersection, think up in Burbank.
Yeah Roz it true, unzip first unless your a Kilt wearing guy like Miller:D :D

ROZ
05-28-2004, 02:10 PM
I hate going on a road trip with someone who thinks it's cute to let one rip every chance they get...like to pop their seatbelt loose and kick their ass out of the car.:D If I'm driving and break one loose, I step on the gas, turn on the heater, and lock the windows...
Just remember that farts are friendly and you only share them with the peeps close to you; You wouldn't fart in front of a stranger, would you? :D

ratso
05-28-2004, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ROZ
[B]If I'm driving and break one loose, I step on the gas, turn on the heater, and lock the windows...
LMAO!:D

ROZ
05-28-2004, 02:11 PM
Yeah Roz it true, unzip first unless your a skirt wearing guy like Miller:D :D
Say what? :D

Ziggy
05-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
Say what? :D
Hey, you can't edit those words...I said Kilt, not skirt...there is a difference...or at least so I've been told:D :D

lovemyultra
05-29-2004, 11:22 AM
The tickets are not TAXES taxes are not optional, and if you get a ticket it is becase you chose the option of paying the fine. It is the cost of the medical care for the people that dont have the means to take care of their own medical expenses .It is up to you to get and pay a ticket so I dont think the government can count on this money for revenue

Kilrtoy
05-29-2004, 11:36 AM
The tickets are not TAXES taxes are not optional, and if you get a ticket it is becase you chose the option of paying the fine. It is the cost of the medical care for the people that dont have the means to take care of their own medical expenses .It is up to you to get and pay a ticket so I dont think the government can count on this money for revenue
WHAT :confused:

mickeyfinn
05-29-2004, 04:47 PM
Seat belt laws and helmet laws are laws which attempt to prevent someone from doing somethig dangerous to themselves. They should be repealed!!!. I have never considered it a government responsibility to protect me from myself. If you use this same logic it should be illegal to play football, soccer or skydive or any other of a thousand different activities doing which could cause you injury or death. I assume that all states have insurance requirements to have a vehicle on the road so the arguement of trying to avoid the government having to pay your medical expenses doesn't add up. After all if the person doesn't pay attention to insurance laws then the helmet law probably isn't getting much attention either. I don't disagree that helmets and seatbelts are a good thing, I just have a strong aversion to being required by law to wear one. Good God!!!....imagine if the government finds out that drinking could make you do something stupid and get hurt

Boatcop
05-29-2004, 05:46 PM
If you use this same logic it should be illegal to play football, soccer or skydive or any other of a thousand different activities doing which could cause you injury or death.
Lets see. Football requires helmets, pads and other safety equipment to prevent the player from getting injured.
Skydiving also requires helmets, a parachute, a back-up chute, and other safety equipment to keep from getting injured.
Soccer requires shin guards and other safety equipment to keep from getting injured.
Driving requires seat belts and other safety equipment to keep from getting inijured.
Keep it up. You're making this discussion easier for me.

Tom Brown
05-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
Perhaps even Canada will adopt it.
You know what Canada really needs... Mexican food.
GIDDYUP! :D

mickeyfinn
05-29-2004, 06:11 PM
Lets see. Football requires helmets, pads and other safety equipment to prevent the player from getting injured.
Skydiving also requires helmets, a parachute, a back-up chute, and other safety equipment to keep from getting injured.
Soccer requires shin guards and other safety equipment to keep from getting injured.
Driving requires seat belts and other safety equipment to keep from getting inijured.
Keep it up. You're making this discussion easier for me.
I never said I thought that seat belts should not be worn.....How many pick-up games of football have you seen in the park where people are playing without pads, helmets etc. How many soccer games?
The parachute thing is kinda stretching it since it would just be plain ole suicide without the chute. As for the helmet is it just required safety equipment to satisfy someones insurance? I have never seen a law that requires the safety equipment for football, soccer or parachuting. If people wish to perform these activities and have insurance coverage and the insurance companies require the safety equipment that is one thing. The individual has the opportunity to make an informed decision. Same with vehicles. My only problem is the LAW requiring the safety equipment for people old enough to make their own decision.