PDA

View Full Version : Fire Season

Kachina26
05-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Here we go again. The hill just across from me went up, wind blowing pretty good. It looks like maybe only 10 acres or so went up. But for a place that was in massive smoke and voluntary evacs last year, that was just too close. It's a good thing the wind was only blowing a little and not the way it usually does.:eek!:

JetBoatRich
05-27-2004, 07:10 PM
It may be a tough year:mad: with the rain we had:( the hills look pretty bad:yuk:

little rowe boat
05-27-2004, 07:12 PM
It's supposed to be an ugly,let me repeat that UGLY fire season.

Kachina26
05-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Yup, I have cleared everything on my 2 acres. Looks like the houses across the way have good defensible space too. I don't think Arrowhead and the like are done yet.:(

FRENCHIE
05-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Yup, I have cleared everything on my 2 acres. Looks like the houses across the way have good defensible space too. I don't think Arrowhead and the like are done yet.:(
looks like ya gotta call in sick on friday then!:D

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 07:42 PM
call in sick friday? in our business that = an unpaid day off....
which for me means no gas $$$

Kachina26
05-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Shoot, I can't even afford to take the holiday pay I got comin!

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 07:54 PM
I'm taking next friday off to hit this op6 deal.
I told the boss I needed it off whether or not I was coming back the following monday. Didn't sit too well with him.
You guys looking for an advisor? Mark of excellence platinum winner last year? ASE cert too....
worst pay period I've had in 6 years, whats one less day gonna hurt next month right?

Kachina26
05-27-2004, 07:58 PM
You don't wanna work for us. I love it there, we are probably the highest paid techs in the area. But I wouldn't write service there. Besides we have 3 advisors and 3 techs, see anything wrong with that? OK, 4 techs, one is out on disability. One helper and one lube guy, still a goofy ratio.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1284Fire_002-med.jpg

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 08:01 PM
that fire looks like a beyotch....
um, u meant it when you said "my" writer sold an ac job.....
guess I should be packing the boat for the wkd.
gonna be on here all day at work tomorrow anyways...

FRENCHIE
05-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
that fire looks like a beyotch....
um, u meant it when you said "my" writer sold an ac job.....
guess I should be packing the boat for the wkd.
gonna be on here all day at work tomorrow anyways...
that sounds like a normal day for you!! :D

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by FRENCHIE
that sounds like a normal day for you!! :D
it is when there is nothing coming in the driveway.....
I've found now that I have internet at work I never leave my desk. It used to be on slow days you'd better start looking for me in the parts dept. Not there try heavy line or trans, followed by brake dept (all the way around back so prob check there last)
I think the term is "multi-tasking" :D

Kachina26
05-27-2004, 08:08 PM
We've actually picked up a little. I see you online at work alot lately. Not good.

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 08:10 PM
I've never been slower....
last year I averaged 96k per month parts and labor. This month just barely over 60 and I'm ahead of the other guys.
elementary school has been a couple years ago....but how much is 5% of NOTHING again :confused:
ah well. its almost friday I'm over it

shadow
05-27-2004, 08:17 PM
dicudmore,Didn't know you are a service advisor,Heavy line here.

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by shadow
dicudmore,Didn't know you are a service advisor,Heavy line here.
in AZ :confused:

shadow
05-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Havasu:)

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 08:25 PM
mmm havasu :D
let me refer you to my above ? then....
you guys looking for an advisor? ASE cert, gm mark of excellence award winner....
about time to get out of so cal
-Dan

shadow
05-27-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm at Ford,Came from So Cal,Got tired of driving back and forth
every weekend.Still have A mobile in parker,Stayed there and built a house in Havasu. Best move I could of made. Same owners of Chevy and Ford stores here.I know Chevy was looking awhile ago but now who knows?If you are serious let me know and I'll find a contact for you.Whole diffferent life style living here,Low stress no traffic,laid back people for the most part.Great place to live.

Kachina26
05-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Heavy Line.........HMPH! He's a prima dona yuppie that has money coming out of his ears. He don't work:D 5% of 60k a month?ouch:frown:

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Heavy Line.........HMPH! He's a prima dona yuppie that has money coming out of his ears. He don't work:D 5% of 60k a month?ouch:frown:
hence no gas $$$ this month
there's salary, spiffs etc on top but u get the pic. little slow for may. typically write over 100k/mo this time of year and spiff 800-1000....
ah well, there's already 1/2 tank in the boat and countrywide can wait a few more days......

shadow
05-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey Kachina this yuppie also has tattoos and rides a harley to work.Not your typical yuppie.What the hell was he thinking:confused:

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 08:39 PM
I'm at Ford,Came from So Cal,Got tired of driving back and forth
every weekend.Still have A mobile in parker,Stayed there and built a house in Havasu. Best move I could of made. Same owners of Chevy and Ford stores here.I know Chevy was looking awhile ago but now who knows?If you are serious let me know and I'll find a contact for you.Whole diffferent life style living here,Low stress no traffic,laid back people for the most part.Great place to live.
will seriously be looking to get out of here by the end of the year. need to button up a couple projects at my house to get it in sell-able condition and thats about my only commitment.
been considering LV or Havasu, been leaning towards LV just figuring there's more job choices out there....
-Dan

Kachina26
05-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Hey Kachina this yuppie also has tattoos and rides a harley to work.Not your typical yuppie.What the hell was he thinking:confused:
I don't know but I was laughing pretty hard:D :D :D Yuppie mechanic, it still cracks me up.

jbtrailerjim
05-27-2004, 08:44 PM
Whole diffferent life style living here,Low stress no traffic,laid back people for the most part.Great place to live.
Sure just rub it in why don't you.;) :D

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 08:46 PM
I don't know but I was laughing pretty hard:D :D :D Yuppie mechanic, it still cracks me up.
that is funny...

shadow
05-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
Sure just rub it in why don't you.;) :D
If it makes you feel any better,I sweat my ass off at work during the summer.But then get in a car crank up the a/c and road test
down to the launch ramp.:D

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 08:47 PM
rubbing it in some more.....

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 08:48 PM
must be rough huh? get off work, launch and cruise through the channel, or down to the springs for dinner.....

jbtrailerjim
05-27-2004, 08:53 PM
If it makes you feel any better,I sweat my ass off at work during the summer.But then get in a car crank up the a/c and road test
down to the launch ramp.:D
Nope, that doesn't make me feel any better. I can only dream of being able to go take the boat for a spin on Havasu after I get off work. That would be so sweet to have that option after work.

shadow
05-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Somebodys got to do the dirty work.Actually we don't get as much mid week boat time as you'd think.Usually you guys are toturing me watching you on your way to launch while I'm at work.In fact I gotta work this sat.Advantage is after work I'm already there.

jbtrailerjim
05-27-2004, 08:59 PM
I wouldn't care if I had to work all week or not, if I could live up there. At least when I would get off work on Friday night I would not have to pack everything up and drive over four hour's to get there. That sucks.

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 08:59 PM
i think i'd just as soon work this sat than be out on lake Havasu...
I love havasu but i dunno about being out on a big weekend w/a bunch of rookie boaters and drunk a-holes.
days like that I want to sharpen the pontoons and go play :D

shadow
05-27-2004, 09:04 PM
As soon as get off work Sat I'm headed to Parker.Normally alot less knucle heads and alot of regulars there.Most of the time when we do go out on Havasu we go down to our place in Parker then go up to Blackmeadow to launch to avoid the launch ramps in town.We are on the Calif side in Parker so it's just up the road without all the crowds.

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 09:18 PM
launching at black meadow might be a good idea.....
everywhere in town I know of sucks!
haven't tried cat-tail.
dinged my prop at windsor (in one of the center lanes:yuk: )
spun the tires BAD at windsor.
marina said "too big" last time there.....
ah well, still love havasu :D

Debbolas
05-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Do they wear those "gloves" so they don't get grease under their nails?
LOL;)

dicudmore
05-27-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Do they wear those "gloves" so they don't get grease under their nails?
LOL;)
trying to keep the french fry grease from the kiddies off their hands so they can hold a wrench....
the seat cover we put in is not to keep us from getting grease on their seat either....its to keep the mechanic clean :D

Debbolas
05-27-2004, 09:28 PM
trying to keep the french fry grease from the kiddies off their hands so they can hold a wrench....
the seat cover we put in is not to keep us from getting grease on their seat either....its to keep the mechanic clean :D
LOL, no we have a friend that is a mechanic and he could NEVER get his hands clean. Then another mechanic friend of ours uses these "gloves" so the grease doesn't sink into his skin. I guess if doctors can use them..............;)

Kachina26
05-28-2004, 05:47 AM
I use the gloves, they help alot. I hate what coolant and brake fluid do to me, so they are awesome then. Those safari/astro van owners are just flat out PIGS!!!! I saw one where they had a kiddie gate just behind the front seats to keep the 2 foot high pile of trash from sliding forward:yuk: Oh yeah, and in that pile of trash were spent hypodermic needles. Glad that turd wasn't in my stall, I woulda shipped it. I don't need the money that bad.

Rexone
05-28-2004, 05:53 AM
I was a mechanic for several years (before gloves became popular) and the hands sure took a beating between oil and solvent (legal then) and gas etc. Built transmissions for awhile too and ATF is the worst. Now I wear gloves whenever possible when workin on dirty crap.

dicudmore
05-28-2004, 06:11 AM
I use the gloves, they help alot. I hate what coolant and brake fluid do to me, so they are awesome then. Those safari/astro van owners are just flat out PIGS!!!! I saw one where they had a kiddie gate just behind the front seats to keep the 2 foot high pile of trash from sliding forward:yuk: Oh yeah, and in that pile of trash were spent hypodermic needles. Glad that turd wasn't in my stall, I woulda shipped it. I don't need the money that bad.
ain't that the truth.....worse of all is the venture/silhouette/montana type.
also the caravan in my brief stint w/dodge, those were GROSS

Debbolas
05-28-2004, 07:03 AM
That is so gross, BTW I love how you guys can take any thread and turn it into a mechainics discussion. LMAO!!!!:D
Debbolas<------------never high jacks a thread ;)

Havasu_Dreamin
05-28-2004, 08:06 AM
marina said "too big" last time there.....
The cheetah is not any longer than the Essex and we launch at the marina all the time. And believe me, I know we're louder than you with the 525.
I'd love to live in Havasu as well, already have the house there, but it's kind of hard to take a $30k-$40k pay cut.