PDA

View Full Version : Lake Perris Camping?

coolchange
05-28-2004, 07:35 AM
Haven't been there since the ski drags in probably '84. Is it still a dirt hole for camping? The daughter and bf are going next week end and I thought it was a bad idea. They said it was the only place they could get res. I said there was prolly a reason for that.
Whats your opinion.

Garrddogg
05-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Its a toilet.was there prolly two years ago. BUT if its the only place they can get res for, hey gotsta take what you can git sometimes!:D

welk2party
05-28-2004, 07:41 AM
I have not been camping there, but I would not go!

BrendellaJet
05-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Dont let them go. The lake is infested with bacteria. Google it, you'll see.

RacerX
05-28-2004, 08:06 AM
We went a couple years ago (mid-week!!) and the camping spots were essentially all dirt but I didn't think they were that bad overall. The restrooms were clean and every camping spot had a couple tables and fire pit.
As far as the lake goes, I still find it dumbfounding that Perris is supposedly loaded with bacteria but Elsinore is not. Perris appears to be 100 times cleaner than Elsinore. I have a friend that gets an ear infection EVERY time we go to Elsinore but nobody has ever got sick going to Perris.
All that ssaid, I would NEVER go to Perris on a weekend. It seems that every hoodlum within 100 miles rents a jet-ski or borrows a boat and then wreaks havoc on the lake. We go on weekdays only and there is usually about 10-15 people fishing with boats and 3-4 other wakeboarders.

coolchange
05-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanx for the heads up everyone.-Bruce

dmontzsta
05-28-2004, 09:11 AM
I live 10 minutes from there. It is not that bad at all. Actually, the water is clean looking, you can walk out in it and see the bottom for a good ways. The shore day camping is spread nicely so nobody can crowd each other. They are a little strict, but you should be alright. I like the lake overall, trust me...just go and you will not be mad.

Commander460
05-28-2004, 09:57 AM
I was there in wednesday, and it was nice. Clean camping, clean water, nice ramps. I enjoyed it...

C-2
05-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Nice campgrounds, have had a lot of fun there is the DISTANT past.
Now you gotta watch out for the park Nazi's - NO BEER.
The water looks nice, but apparently has more of the bad yuk than any other lake around. If you're floating out by the damn and only dangling your feet over - I don't see how that's a problem.
:)

BrendellaJet
05-28-2004, 09:36 PM
I think the problem with elsinore is lots of algae, not a lot of oxygen(red tide frequently a problem it seems). Id rather have algae than bacteria...Just dont go in the water! Thats just gross...

dmontzsta
05-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Me and my family and friends have been swimming in that water for a LONG time and never got sick, I think the bacteria is old news, they have cleaned it alot.

C-2
05-28-2004, 09:48 PM
I think the bacteria is concentrated to the swimming/diaper changing areas only. :eek: :eek: :eek:
It's a bummer the nazi's took over - that lake was a lot of fun.

Buff
05-29-2004, 05:46 AM
I been going to perris for many years and the only scum I ever encountered were three pathetic losers in some 19'. We were coming back from skiing to our stuff on the island and we see these three 30 year old looking losers peeking in our ice chest on the beach! How do you sink so low as to tamper with other boater's stuff? I know it was no capital crime but the truth is I was angry enough to shoot them! Of course my pistol was in my truck not my boat and that was just as well. I just get sick over how low some people are. I still agonize over not breaking one of their jaws. Buff

v-drive
05-29-2004, 05:52 AM
Don't they call Perris Polio pond? With the new wells opened up that should help Elsinore's problem.:cool: v-drive

Mandelon
05-29-2004, 06:04 AM
I stayed there 10 years ago and it was nice. The only drawback was the tweakers who stayed up all night making noise.
Something about chopping a pallet with a hand held hatchet at 3:00 am just isn't right.........:rolleyes:

CARRERA
05-29-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by RacerX
We went a couple years ago (mid-week!!) and the camping spots were essentially all dirt but I didn't think they were that bad overall. The restrooms were clean and every camping spot had a couple tables and fire pit.
As far as the lake goes, I still find it dumbfounding that Perris is supposedly loaded with bacteria but Elsinore is not. Perris appears to be 100 times cleaner than Elsinore. I have a friend that gets an ear infection EVERY time we go to Elsinore but nobody has ever got sick going to Perris.
All that ssaid, I would NEVER go to Perris on a weekend. It seems that every hoodlum within 100 miles rents a jet-ski or borrows a boat and then wreaks havoc on the lake. We go on weekdays only and there is usually about 10-15 people fishing with boats and 3-4 other wakeboarders.
I couldn't have said it any better!!!!!!!!!!!!!