PDA

View Full Version : Last Birthday gift!

copperrat20
05-28-2004, 08:05 AM
So my grandfather is going to die here within two weeks. We are having a last birthday for him at my house on monday. I need some help from you guys on what to get him. It is going to be his last birthday. Help?

summerlove
05-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by copperrat20
So my grandfather is going to die here within two weeks. We are having a last birthday for him at my house on monday. I need some help from you guys on what to get him. It is going to be his last birthday. Help?
love and kisses.....

OGShocker
05-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Your time and what SL suggested.

78Eliminator
05-28-2004, 08:13 AM
Just spend time with him. My Grandpa died a few years ago from alzheimers. Not a fun time, but we visited him a lot towards the end.

Waldo
05-28-2004, 08:15 AM
Love, Family, and Prayers! I've already said one for you, your family and G-PA...GODSPEED!!!

phebus
05-28-2004, 08:16 AM
I'm sure he doesn't care what you get him, so don't worry about it. Just give him all the time and respect he deserves. It's not only important to him, but the memories of the last times you had with him will stay with you forever, so make them count.

AZmike
05-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Quality time... Take the time to know everything about him and what he's done in life.
My grandfather and I where very close but unfortunately I didn't get to learn about everything he had done. That's the one thing I regret not doing, and end up thinking about it daily.
At least you know the time is limited..

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-28-2004, 09:12 AM
depending on what religion you are you can always get him a nice prayer and frame it up so he can prepare himself and the time spent with him in his last few days is priceless.. that would mean more to him then anything..
May God bless him and your family for his journey to the otherside.. ;)

TheLurker
05-28-2004, 09:22 AM
I would have to say good memmories. Spend lots of time with him showing some pictures movies or videos of some of his and your favorite things you did together through out the years.

Scream
05-28-2004, 09:55 AM
My father died about a year and a half ago. We weren't expecting him to die from his illness (emphysema, quite treatable), but needed to help him and my mom out taking care of him. They were 77 at the time.
My dad would have to get up in the middle of the night, what seemed about every couple of hours, and take a leak or just sit up and squirm.
We'd sleep over and take care of him, getting up when he got up, helping him to the bathroom, helping him back to his chair...
Every time he'd get up he'd tell us another story of his past, remembering in great detail all of his adventures through life. My son and I are into Boy Scouts, my dad was too. He told me things I had never known about before. He shared with me great moments in time that I would not have had the priveledge to know about otherwise...
We talked about growing up during the depression, how he served as a sonar man in a submarine during WWII in the Pacific. About his friends, our family friends, that are our friends to this day...
We spent as much time with him as possible, and we all got something out of his last month with us. When he died, shocking all of us, we all (I'm one of six siblings) looked back and thanked God for the time we had with him, and shared the stories that we'd heard in the middle of the night.
Spend time with him, listen to every word he has to tell you, heed his advice and tell him how much you love him.
John Lennon said it best. "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make". It's the only thing that he'll be able to take with him on his jouney.
Scream <--- I miss my daddy