PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of crap

clownpuncher
05-28-2004, 04:20 PM
We're here sitting on HB while everyone else is on their boats for the holiday weekend.
So.......are we
1- Smart? leave the holiday weekends for the crazy crowds or......
2- Stupid? Take every chance we get to get the boat on the water
Personally, I ain't much for crowded water and usually go to the river during the weekdays and TOTALLY avoid holidays.
ROC

Kachina26
05-28-2004, 04:21 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm just plain smart:D

Flying Tiger
05-28-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm with ROC,, I don't care to have my kids in the water on Holidays.
They love the river on Holidays,, but wakeboarding with the morons approaching from all directions,, nope,, I save it for off weekends and mostly off weekdays.
But yea,, I miss it too.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812P8260042-med.JPG
My baby girl

twistedpair
05-28-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm perfectly happy chillin' by the pool this weekend. If I get to jones'n too bad, I'll head out to the ramp and watch the 'launch ramp olympics' for a while, just to remind me why I left the boat at home.

goneboatin
05-28-2004, 07:08 PM
This might be a good weekend to stay home...I don't what's up, but the wind's been blowing at the Parker / Havasu area for the last month. Today on AOL weather for Havasu it just showed WINDY with winds up to 30mph with winds all weekend. As much as I'd like to be on the water, I just have no tollerance for lake lice and dickheads in droves, those include the little rich assholes in daddy's 32 foot twin engine Eliminator with the stereo blasting rap music.
I'm done venting.

ahhell
05-28-2004, 07:42 PM
best time to go is between the holidays, people are either saving to go , or healing from the "been there" less peeps means more water for me:D
lovin' people....hatin' crowds;)

PHX ATC
05-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Smart.:wink:

BarryMac
05-28-2004, 08:02 PM
smart...:D

Blown 472
05-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by twistedpair
I'm perfectly happy chillin' by the pool this weekend. If I get to jones'n too bad, I'll head out to the ramp and watch the 'launch ramp olympics' for a while, just to remind me why I left the boat at home.
That is what I will be doing, also that is the place they bring the drunks off the water to the waiting hands of the boyz in brown and off to the brown bar cafe.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-28-2004, 08:07 PM
I say smart.. I don't care for the holiday weekends at the lake.. specially the traffic to get there.. ;)

Blown 472
05-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I say smart.. I don't care for the holiday weekends at the lake.. specially the traffic to get there.. ;)
I hear you, that fifteen min drive is a bitch.:D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
I hear you, that fifteen min drive is a bitch.:D :D :yuk: I have a 4 hr drive.. LOL!! :D :D

gigamurph
05-29-2004, 01:43 AM
I like to think it's because we're smart! Made the mistake in '81 and went on Memorial Day. What a freakin' joke of a mess! Too many stories just from that weekend to tell in a single day! No thanx! Ribs on the ol' barby in the backyard are just the ticket for da gigs!:cool:

Essexive G's
05-29-2004, 03:53 AM
I'd like to think we are smarter than the average bear.
With the job I have I drive around the I.E. all day, and for the past two days I've seen alot of boats that I recognize from the boards, some I don't. I've also seen tons of rental RV's pulling rented lake lice rockets.
For the life of me I can't figure out what the attraction is to sit in the traffic for an extra hour to go to the river on the holidays!
Not only do I have to worry about getting stopped by L.E., checking me three times over, but when I get back I have to make an appt. with the chiro. to have my spine straightened from looking over my shoulder for fear some wake jumping kid wont end up on my engine hatch.
I get plenty of vacation and personal time afforded me at work that I don't need to hold dear that one extra night of getting drunk with the extra four hours on the water Monday. No thanks!
When I was younger I used to say, " It won't happen to me". Now that I'm older I say, " It could happen to me ". I just hope that years from now I'm not thinking that it will happen to me! lol!
Don't sweat the holidays not being out there. Think about what your giving up. After you've thought about it. Is it worth the risk?
Sorry for the long winded post. I'm spending my extra night drunk at home. He He!

JetBoatRich
05-29-2004, 05:42 AM
It is a lot easier avoiding the trafic there and back:( then the crowded waterways is not fun either:yuk:
With plenty of vacation time for long weekends, we will have our share of lake and river runs without as many ROOKIES out there.
So we will be hanging out with the family in the pool and enjoying the good weather:cool:

Mandelon
05-29-2004, 06:05 AM
Memorial Day Weather.....I hope it gets better.:( It is raining here now!! I had to go put a cover on the jeep since I took the top off it for the season. :mad:
At least I can get out of the yardwork now. :cool:

shueman
05-29-2004, 06:57 AM
Yep, stayin' home works for me...!!
Some years back, we were camping at Moabi for Memorial Day. Got there like Tuesday for a week-long stay. Laid out a nice campsite on the grass, had the whole area dang near to ourselves.
It starts fillin' up a little on Thursday; not too bad. I take the wife to Laughlin to play her nickels, visit with friends, and have dinner. We get back to the park about 11:30p and the line is out to the street...!!! Takes us another hour to get into the park and our campsite is SURROUNDED..!! People had taken down our tarp, stacked up our chairs, and were partying on our table..!!
It was a steady line of cars, boats, trailers, coming in all night. Not much fun after that. By Monday evening, everyone had left and it was just a open as the day we got there....EERIE...

LUVNLIFE
05-29-2004, 07:09 AM
We are smart. I'll spend the three days getting caught up around the house and get some projects done. Hey Rich I might even get the garage cleaned:D

DUNDUN
05-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Smart... I'll just sit in the boat if the river fever gets too bad
I wonder if there will be any new horror stories about the crowds from the ***boat members that went this weekend when they come back.

Kachina26
05-29-2004, 08:31 AM
I have to go to the river to sit in my boat:( I almost brought it home to do some clean up. But it drops my mpg by 33%

Havasu_Dreamin
05-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Smart. Too much traffic getting to and from the lake, too much traffic on the lake, too many idiots on the lake. I'll stay in So. Cal and hit the Havasu house on non-holiday weekends.

gigamurph
05-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Smart. Too much traffic getting to and from the lake, too much traffic on the lake, too many idiots on the lake. I'll stay in So. Cal and hit the Havasu house on non-holiday weekends. You have a house in Havasu? YOU SUCK! (he says in a light-hearted, HALF-jokin' manner):p :D

ahhell
05-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Smart. Too much traffic getting to and from the lake, too much traffic on the lake, too many idiots on the lake. I'll stay in So. Cal and hit the Havasu house on non-holiday weekends.
Want to adopt a son so i can use" our" house at Havasu...or am i older than you:confused: :confused: :confused: :D

TCHB
05-29-2004, 04:47 PM
We are sitting Huntington Beach and enjoying the day. We have all summer for Havasu Time!

OGShocker
05-29-2004, 09:32 PM
The wifey and I just rolled back to the house. We drove out to Havasu to put a bid in on a house. We met with Warlock25s did our paper work and came home. WHAT A FOCKING ZOO! Most ramps were closed by 10AM! We had a great drive back home.:D
John and Michele are great folks! Just meeting them was worth the drive out.
We do not plan on boating on BIG weekends...ever!
PS. We thought about stopping to see you Roland. I was a little tired from the drive, plus our son is staying with my Mom tonight;) Someday we will be out for supper.

Rod-64
05-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Me bombed!~!!!!