PDA

View Full Version : Lost Isle Yesterday

diggler
05-31-2004, 07:55 PM
So I'm out at the Lost Isle on Saturday. I check the boat a few times to make sure that everything is fine. (I had it anchored bow out with the ass end tied to a log).
Well, when we left about 10:00PM, I find someone had cut my boat loose. Then I look in the boat and find that everything had been stolen. (They took life preservers, maps, multi-tool, and a duffle bag with clothes). Well, that isn't even what pissed me off completely. The loss was bad enough, but these assholed pulled my plug wires off the spark plugs AND the distributor!!! Who the **** would do that!!!!:mad: :mad: It took me forever to get the firing order right because I couldn't remember. I still had two pistons off, but fortunately, the marina I was pulling out of was close.
I guarantee, I won't be back to Lost Isle again. What a bunch of ****ing losers out there that steal! I am so PISSED!

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-31-2004, 07:58 PM
I 'm sorry to hear that.. I would be so pissed.. they didn't harm the gel coat or anything did they.. it piises me off when people work hard for what they have and some f ucking ass hole has to take it away just because they have nothing.. :mad: :mad:
again I'm sorry for the punk world we live in.

Dr. Eagle
05-31-2004, 08:04 PM
I have gotten where I'll go there during the day, but I leave before the sun goes down. I have heard lots of stories about that place. Sorry the punks pulled that shit. Probably were worried you'd stumble on them when they were dicking with your boat and wanted to make it tough for you to chase them down.
Ass holes.......:mad:

RiverToysJas
05-31-2004, 08:07 PM
Very sorry to hear that! :mad:
Where's Lost Isle?
RTJas

Dr. Eagle
05-31-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
Very sorry to hear that! :mad:
Where's Lost Isle?
RTJas
It's just off the San Joaquin River in the Delta... cool little place, reminds me of Gilligans Island with a bar...

randy77zt
05-31-2004, 08:10 PM
tweekers-its getting to be the haves vs the have nots here in the valley.i never did get into the party scene any way.i like speed.but since i sold my boat i am getting depressed.

Dr. Eagle
05-31-2004, 08:21 PM
I'd stop by there and have a beer or a burger or both... but I never hung out there. It is tough to keep your eye on the boat and lots of people I have talked to have said they have had things stolen there. Besides I hate having to tie up stern in...
And Tweakers? Is there a Methamphetamine problem in the area...:confused: I know........... it's pretty bad...

GlastronGuy
05-31-2004, 08:51 PM
That sucks, Derk. Were you out scouting for TP4?

Mrs. Restless22
05-31-2004, 09:00 PM
IM so sorry to hear that :mad:
We were also there on Saturday, but didnt run into any problems.
Out of curiousity, where abouts were you docked?

diggler
05-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the replies.... .Nope, not scouting for TP4.
I was anchored just out of sight from the bar, on the main channel. The only thing I'm happy about is that everyone got home safely. I guess that's all that really matters.
However, the others that were beached had some major issues. They were either partially swamped, or they couldn't get their boats out because the tide had gone out.
I saw one group of boaters that were trying to pull their boat out that night have eight guys or so trying to pull the boat off, and they ended up ripping the teak swim step completely off!
Oh, almost forgot, there is a big methamphetamine issue out there. I seem to remember some news about houseboats blowing up on side-sloughes (sic) because they had meth labs there?

Sherpa
06-01-2004, 06:43 AM
Diggler,
very sorry to hear about your troubles..... But in all fairness,
you can't blame it on lost isle....... that crap could have happened
anywhere on the delta...... you just happened to be in a very
busy spot. I take my stuff out there, but watch my boat often...
at nite it's hard to check on your stuff....
as for the boaters with trouble that beached their boats nose-in,
what kind of idiot would do that on a MAIN SHIPPING CHANNEL-?
they run 500 foot long freighters thru that channel... 4 foot
rollers are very common... especially with all the wakeboard
boats nowadays.......
as for the stern tieing, that's the only way to get that many boats
into the docks......it does suck.....
---again,
sorry to hear about the troubles..........
--Sherpa

Cas
06-01-2004, 07:10 AM
sorry to hear the bad news Derk. It totally sucks when crap like that happens.
Nowadays, you really have to not only get ready for a little trip but you have to be sure you have a safe spot for your stuff. From what I've heard, you need to make sure you have a good lock on your trailer at a couple of the marina's at Berryessa. A lot of trailers have been unhitched and towed off from there.

HCS
06-01-2004, 07:20 AM
That really sucks. I've been there one time and it was during the
day time.
I always have to keep my boat in sight. I have $3000.00 worth of gear in my boat. I'm always paranoid someones going to take my
stuff. It really sucks you can't trust people to leave your boat alone.:(

RiverKitty
06-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by diggler
They took life preservers, maps, multi-tool, and a duffle bag with clothes.
It took me forever to get the firing order right because I couldn't remember.
Is this what your duffle bag looked like?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/414diggler-med.jpg
If so.....everyone be on the lookout for the above duffle bag and hat.
I can't imagine anyone wanting a personalized duffle bag!!!
What a dead give away!
Hopefully they'll be stupid enough to use it and get caught!!!
DUMB ASS FOCKERS!!!! :mad:
18436572 <----Typical Firing Order :confused:

Kilrtoy
06-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Probably Raiders fans,
THAT TOTALLY SUCKS

diggler
06-03-2004, 02:29 PM
RK, that's exactly what they stole. All the other stuff was replaceable. This was kick-ass custom goods that you had made (so cool of you too!). If I see it anywhere out there, I am kicking some ass!
Originally posted by RiverKitty
Is this what your duffle bag looked like?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/414diggler-med.jpg
If so.....everyone be on the lookout for the above duffle bag and hat.
I can't imagine anyone wanting a personalized duffle bag!!!
What a dead give away!
Hopefully they'll be stupid enough to use it and get caught!!!
DUMB ASS FOCKERS!!!! :mad:
18436572 <----Typical Firing Order :confused:

GlastronGuy
06-04-2004, 07:48 AM
RK, that's exactly what they stole. All the other stuff was replaceable. This was kick-ass custom goods that you had made (so cool of you too!). If I see it anywhere out there, I am kicking some ass!
It's a hoot reading that and then looking at your sig:
"Never be malicious or vindictive"
:D

Krumbsnatcher
06-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the replies.... .Nope, not scouting for TP4.
I was anchored just out of sight from the bar, on the main channel. The only thing I'm happy about is that everyone got home safely. I guess that's all that really matters.
However, the others that were beached had some major issues. They were either partially swamped, or they couldn't get their boats out because the tide had gone out.
I saw one group of boaters that were trying to pull their boat out that night have eight guys or so trying to pull the boat off, and they ended up ripping the teak swim step completely off!
Oh, almost forgot, there is a big methamphetamine issue out there. I seem to remember some news about houseboats blowing up on side-sloughes (sic) because they had meth labs there?
Sorry to hear about that! I will never leave my boat out or over night. Once, i had my whole stero system ripped in the channel at havasu.
On another note !@Is your avatar taking a dump?

spectratoad
06-04-2004, 08:19 AM
Sorry about that. That really sucks cuz Misty and I were just talking about going to Lost Isle this morning while we are at TPIV. She wants to party but if that is the nightlife there then I may have to think twice.
That sucks though. :mad:

Mrs. Restless22
06-04-2004, 08:33 AM
If your thinking about going there, dont let this stop you. There are peolpe everywhere you go like this. It could have happened in his driveway, doesnt mean he lives in the ghetto.... ;)
Lost Isle is very cool place! Lost of fun people and good good drinks :D

spectratoad
06-04-2004, 08:36 AM
I am sure we will still go. I will take everything out of the boat and make it less appealing to pricks who like to steal but I probably won't be out of sight of the boat.
I like the place, not a flat floor or square wall in the joint. Kinda cool. Give a little adventerous feeling to the party. Will the building fall down tonight or not????:D

Mrs. Restless22
06-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by spectratoad
I like the place, not a flat floor or square wall in the joint. Kinda cool. Give a little adventerous feeling to the party. Will the building fall down tonight or not????:D
Thats funny you say that! When we were there me and my girlfriends took what seemed like an amazon adventure to get to the bathroom! :D
And as we were dancing I could see the ceiling shaking....LOL!!
Have you ever seen the pigs that run around???

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-04-2004, 08:53 AM
Hey you, go check out the pics in the Hot Spots West section:D Have fun this weekend girl, when does your plane leave??

spectratoad
06-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Restless22
Have you ever seen the pigs that run around???
Well it depends on how many drinks I have had. Some of them do wear some small bikini's that shouldn't.
Oh wait are you talking four legged ones???:confused:

Mrs. Restless22
06-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Ms. AquaBoogie1
Hey you, go check out the pics in the Hot Spots West section:D Have fun this weekend girl, when does your plane leave??
We leave at 3!!!! YYAYYY:D
We really abused that camera! No wonder Doug was mad...hehe
Sorry Doug ;)

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Mrs. Restless22
We leave at 3!!!! YYAYYY:D
We really abused that camera! No wonder Doug was mad...hehe
Sorry Doug ;)
He wants more pics of boats, I just told him we each need to bring a camera then!:D

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-04-2004, 09:12 AM
Don't forget to take lots of pics Shawna, have fun for me. We are probably going to Bereyessa on Sunday. I will be thinking of you guys, wishing we were there:p

spectratoad
06-04-2004, 09:21 AM
By the pictures it looks like you all were having a blast.

diggler
06-04-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
It's a hoot reading that and then looking at your sig:
"Never be malicious or vindictive"
:D
Chris, you're so right! ha ha! Actually, I put that up there because of an evil ex-girlfriend. I'm certain I'll go to the Lost Isle again, I'll just be more careful next time.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-04-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by spectratoad
By the pictures it looks like you all were having a blast.
We sure were...........Even fell on the boat...hehehe:D

Ms spectratoad
06-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Diggler,
Spectratoad and I are so bumbed for you. I say we go in cognito and establish who is on top of the food chain. Although, I am sure you met some lovely ladies that night and............... However, unexcusable of the behavior of others. Hang in there buddy.

Aqua Boogie1
06-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Hey Digg,
That really sucks cause eveytime I've gone, the only problems I've had is with drunk knuckleheads but other than that its been cool. I always leave before it gets dark, too many drunk people driving boats leaving there, with too much to see. But all in all, good fun!!:D