PDA

View Full Version : Removable/Breakaway Tongue

Tyson Ross
06-01-2004, 02:05 AM
Can anyone recommend someone in Havasu that makes trailer tongues removable or breakaway?

bigq
06-01-2004, 07:39 AM
Zieman Trailers is in Havasu. I am sure they can help you.

Tyson Ross
06-03-2004, 02:45 AM
Bigg,
Thanks.. I will check them out.

mbrown2
06-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Tyson, Zieman is good. They just rebunked my trailer and finished it in a couple of hours..

BarryMac
06-03-2004, 10:48 AM
A would also like to add te breakawy tongue to my trailer, it's a Competitive, anyone know of a shop in San Diego area that can do this or should I go back to Competitive?
gjb

Lightning
06-03-2004, 08:00 PM
The company that make the breakaway tongue is called UFP, Unique Functional Products. They are in Escondido. You can probably buy direct from them and then have your favorite trailer shop do the install.

mtndewdrops
06-04-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Lightning
The company that make the breakaway tongue is called UFP, Unique Functional Products. They are in Escondido. You can probably buy direct from them and then have your favorite trailer shop do the install.
Thanks for the tip Lightning...

Lightning
06-05-2004, 08:51 AM
NO problem, just take some before and after pics so we can check out the work. I know of a few people who want to do this but are a bit shy on pulling the trigger for some reason or another.

Nubbs
06-07-2004, 11:42 AM
I don't know if this is the way you want to go or not, but check out www.pivithitch.com.

Ziggy
06-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Love having my swing away...only way my boat woulda fit in the garage....bought the biggest boat I could to fit....
Swing away saves roughly 18"

SPECTRABRENT
06-13-2004, 08:10 PM
I have a stainless pivothitch and it makes my 27 year old trailer look brand new.
Brent

Tyson Ross
06-15-2004, 01:43 AM
Well, I don't have to bother with the swing away tongue since the dealer cannot make the height of the boat low enough to fit in the garage anyway. I saw this coming as the wheel base is the same width as the width of the toons so you would only be able to lower it as low as the height of the top of the tires. Need a different trailer or at least a wider axel to even come close to fitting. :rolleyes: Boat cover is ordered and on its way.
Thanks for the replies though!:)

mbrown2
06-15-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Tyson Ross
Well, I don't have to bother with the swing away tongue since the dealer cannot make the height of the boat low enough to fit in the garage anyway. I saw this coming as the wheel base is the same width as the width of the toons so you would only be able to lower it as low as the height of the top of the tires. Need a different trailer or at least a wider axel to even come close to fitting. :rolleyes: Boat cover is ordered and on its way.
Tyson, if you need a place to store it for a couple of weeks until you get your cover, you can use my storage at B&B....I just moved storages, but still have it for a while...Only problem is I will not be up until the 25th..

Tyson Ross
06-16-2004, 01:52 AM
Mbrown,
Thanks but I should be okay. Cover should come this week. Thing has been out in the sun since I bought it. Good thing is that a 3rd of the time I was out on it!!
I still owe you that trip to Fox's:)

Krumbsnatcher
06-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Tyson Ross
Thats bullshit, I have a 29 Wizzard and it fits in my garage barely with a lowered trailer. Here is a pic. I only have an 7 or 8 ft door. I mean it barely fits and I still have to air down my tires due to my truck lift.

BarryMac
06-16-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Krumbsnatcher
Thats bullshit, I have a 29 Wizzard and it fits in my garage barely with a lowered trailer. Here is a pic. I only have an 7 or 8 ft door. I mean it barely fits and I still have to air down my tires due to my truck lift.
How does that little motor push that bigass boat???:confused: :D
gjb

Ziggy
06-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by gottajetboat
How does that little motor push that bigass boat???:confused: :D
gjb
LOL---I was thinking the same thing...all show and no go? j/k:D

LUVNLIFE
06-16-2004, 07:04 PM
They must be friends of yours Krumbsnatcher.:D

Tyson Ross
06-16-2004, 10:39 PM
My door is 7ft they say but actual height is 6'10". The toon at this time is like 7'9". They put the smallest tires that would ift around the brake drum and that dropped it like 3 inches. I need 8 more inches and the bottom of the toon is like 5 inches above the tire itself, 2 inches above the fender. I have to leave some room for travel between boat and tire. Not to mention it would suck not to have fenders!!

dmontzsta
06-20-2004, 01:18 PM
ttt