PDA

View Full Version : Bought new DCB Mach26

Mach26man
01-29-2002, 09:18 PM
Hey I just bought a new Mach26 mid cabin open bow, with a whipple charged hp500efi. What do you guys think about the Mach26?

Gary C
01-29-2002, 09:35 PM
Did you get last weekend at the sale? Have a DCB 22 with a 300X being built now, would have loved a 26 but a little large for the River(Fishers).
Congrats

Charley
01-29-2002, 09:39 PM
You made a good choice! us DCB guys gotta stick together...post some pics when you can.

Boatjob
01-29-2002, 09:40 PM
All I have to say is HELL YEAH!!! You're going to love it. I have a 2001 with twin 300's, so I know what you're gettin' into. The nicest 26 built on the West Coast. What colors? How many horsepower with the Whippled 500?
You made a good choice...
Late

Cole
01-30-2002, 06:08 AM
Congratulations......mach26man!!!!bet that sounds preeeeety cool to ya!!! well if you have to wait for dave to build your new boat,its like waiting for Santa to bring you that new shiny bike...and you keep looking out the window to see if hes
coming,you'll never get any sleep,at least i dont!!just peaked as we speak....damn,no santa ,oh well maybe tomorrow.
this we'll be the most bittersweet
wait you'll ever have, but worth the wait..Have fun and keep us updated!!!
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Cole

kab
01-30-2002, 07:11 AM
Mach26man-I bought the same boat in August, took delivery of it in November and cant wait to get some time in it. I have only 3 hrs on it but it is an awesome set-up.

RiverDave2
01-30-2002, 08:32 AM
I thought the sale was Feb 3rd or something like that.. Has it already happened?
RD

kab
01-30-2002, 08:37 AM
The Boat sale is this weekend Feb 2nd. Are you going ?

roln 20s
01-30-2002, 06:55 PM
To all of you who are lucky enough to already have a DCB 26- I have a question? I love everything about Dave and his company- all my questions have always been answered and handled with the most professionalism in the business! I know the performance numbers and everything else the Mach 26 has to offer- but my question is "HOW BAD DOES THE 26 PORPOISE IN THE MIDRANGE SPEED AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE THE MID-CABIN OPEN BOW- DOES IT PORPOISE ANY (the hot boat magazine article a few years ago didn't mention anything)? IS IT NOTICEABLE IF THERE IS ANY? I am definately striving to buy a DCB- just wondering about this aspect of the boat! Thanks for all your advice and opinions!
-SPJ

Boatjob
01-30-2002, 07:10 PM
Roln 20s- I have a DCB Mach 26 with twin 300's and as far as I know, the boat doesn't porpoise at all. Of course it porpoises when I have it over trimmed, but other than that, I have not noticed it. Let me know if you have any more questions about the Mach 26, I'd be happy to answer them. Good luck on purchasing one some day.

SVO 540
01-30-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s:
To all of you who are lucky enough to already have a DCB 26- I have a question? I love everything about Dave and his company- all my questions have always been answered and handled with the most professionalism in the business! I know the performance numbers and everything else the Mach 26 has to offer- but my question is "HOW BAD DOES THE 26 PORPOISE IN THE MIDRANGE SPEED AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE THE MID-CABIN OPEN BOW- DOES IT PORPOISE ANY (the hot boat magazine article a few years ago didn't mention anything)? IS IT NOTICEABLE IF THERE IS ANY? I am definately striving to buy a DCB- just wondering about this aspect of the boat! Thanks for all your advice and opinions!
-SPJ
Congrats on your purchase. The Mach 26 is the best single engine cat out there. Mine will porpoise a small amount only in sticky water (dead glass). I can trim it out or if I need a rush, I will power the sob right on through.

kab
01-31-2002, 07:06 AM
I have the Mach 26 with the open bow. It has a little porpoise from about 60-63 mph, in dead calm water. No problem to power right through it or trim down.

MrHavasuCat
01-31-2002, 10:15 AM
My new boat (2001 26) with the new bottom will porpoise only slightly at about 70 mph, but you can drive through it. My last one with the old bottom (2000 without the notched center pod) would porpoise more at about the same speed.

ONE 4 SPECTRA
01-31-2002, 02:00 PM
MACH26MAN IS YOUR BOAT ONE YET OR WHAT? IM REDY TO GET LAID!!!!

ONE 4 SPECTRA
01-31-2002, 02:01 PM
HOW ABOUT NOW? J/K

roln 20s
01-31-2002, 05:45 PM
Boatjob-
Thanks for the answers to the porposing question. Where do you live and where do you boat? Is your 26 the one with the red-yellow checker board? Also- i was thinking of getting a pfaff quad-rotor whipple charged engine- just like the one in the 28 howard in ***boat- but wondering what the advantages are of the outboards vs the big block. Also, what about the new 300X's?
--For all of the rest of you- thanks for your replys also. That was a big issue for me but i think it is no longer the issue- i think it is pulling together 100K.
Hope to get one and see you all at Havasu!

roln 20s
01-31-2002, 05:49 PM
Charley-
Is your 26 the purple/yellow one in the ***boat cove? If so, how do you like your quad-rotor engine? What power is it putting out and what are the top end numbers and overall performance? If you did it all over agian- would you do the same engine again?
Thanks- and nice ass boat!
If that is yours i also read the article on AZ hot boat website.

Boatjob
01-31-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s:
Boatjob-
Thanks for the answers to the porposing question. Where do you live and where do you boat? Is your 26 the one with the red-yellow checker board? Also- i was thinking of getting a pfaff quad-rotor whipple charged engine- just like the one in the 28 howard in ***boat- but wondering what the advantages are of the outboards vs the big block. Also, what about the new 300X's?
--For all of the rest of you- thanks for your replys also. That was a big issue for me but i think it is no longer the issue- i think it is pulling together 100K.
Hope to get one and see you all at Havasu!
Roln 20s- No mine is blue, yellow and grey. It's on Dave's website if you'd like to take a look. Or you might have seen it in Family and Performance boating last year. They did a big feature on it. The only reason I went with the 300's is for reliability. I had a blower engine before and it seemed as though something was always going wrong. The 300's aren't as fast on the Mach 26, but they still push it over 100mph. That quad rotor engine is the s@!t. If I were you, I would get the 300X's. I wish i would have waited an extra month for them. My friend Larry ownes a 26 with 300x's and those engines are great. I live in Anaheim, and have a house in Havasu- well it should be done soon!

roln 20s
01-31-2002, 10:03 PM
Boatjob-
Thanks again for your info. I live in glendale az but am currently attending school in the bay area. I try to make it down to havasu a couple times a year- mainly the holiday weekends and spring break. I have seen your boat before on dave's site- it is the one that they have pictures on the event section saying inspection of new boat and then also a picture of you heading back to the ramp. It is definately a phat boat man, congrats. Did you ride in a DCB before you purchased yours? I want to just to see what it is like, eventhough I know that is what i want to buy. I might go down to the lA Boat show and talk with Dave- I really want it bad but i have to get the cash flow going! Thanks!

Charley
02-01-2002, 09:19 AM
Roln 20's , yes that is my boat and thank you for the compliment , the wife chose the graphics! In my opinion the quad rotor is a VERY sweet way to go as far as superchargers choices.... it's a little more expensive but I can Tell you It's quieter, idles better (NO IDLE SURGE) and I think makes really good power, and makes it sooner than a roots blower. Teague built my motor, it's a 509CI, Brodix aluminum heads, whipple quad rotor , whipple cupronickel intercooler , dual demon 1000 cfm carbs and with 7.5 lbs of boost it made 848HP on the Dyno. The fastest I have had the boat is 108 MPH on my gaffrig speedo, but I am hitting the 6000rpm rev limiter everytime and obviously out of prop at that point. I am running a BravoXR with 1.50 gears and a Bravo 4 blade 32" lab. I have a 36" lab prop that I have yet to try, and quite honestly because of the recent events I doubt my loving wife will ever allow on the boat. Personally I'm plenty happy with my boat running the way it does. My goal was always to have a 100 mph boat that was reliable and I think I'm satisfied (TODAY HEHEHE). It's a very nice riding 26' cat, you can run 90mph in 2' chop and when you walk across the deck it's solid! Dave doesn't half ass ANYTHING. The 2 problems I have had with the motor to date were a bad MSD Box and a Bad MSD distributor gear. MSD owes me 2 trips! well 1.5...anyways....regret? No, but if I had it to do over again I would get a 540... I was really close to going with pfaff on my first motor (600hp naturally aspirated) but beleve it or not Teagues deal was better. As far as outboards.....MMMMM... tough one....They run wide open all day....and the 26 does work well with dual 300's but
I ask you.... "what if" in 3-4 years the rumors about de-regulating 2 strokers come true. Well my guess is you will have a boat worth 20 cents on the dollar, even if it is a DCB!.. that is the main reason I went with an IO. I hope this helps and please DCB guys with dual OB's dont take offense, we're still brothers and its just speculation on my part http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif