PDA

View Full Version : Vortech vs. whipple?

gimprvr
08-17-2001, 09:16 AM
It was pretty definate that I was going with a whipple, but now I've heard some talk that makes me reconsider. Does anyone have any experience with support from Vortech. I've heard that Dustin from whipple is awesome but nothing on Vortech. ( plus Vortech makes a charger for my car and Whipple does not) Gotta do the car too!

Blown Lavey
08-17-2001, 09:27 AM
Whipple Period.Consider where the source is coming from when people talk bad about a product.Dustin and his father have put a lot of time in to building a reputable product and they put there name on it.Vortech may make a good product,but how many people do you know running them and also consider how long it will take to get tech and part service should the need arise.If you go to Offshoreonly.com and search about Whipple products you will find a lot of good things.

gimprvr
08-17-2001, 09:30 AM
Thanks, I'll check it out. I only know iof two people running the Vortech setup but neither of them have had any support requirements so they could not tell me whether or not it was positive or not. Is parts availablity better on the Whipple?

gimprvr
08-17-2001, 09:31 AM
just hit me... look at the banner at the top of the site

skijake
08-17-2001, 10:29 AM
What kind of car are you looking to do??
You could try Kenne-Bell supercharger for the car. He make a twin screw supercharger simualar to Whipple but for most manufactures
Whipple in the boat, Kenne-bell in the car or truck.
Driven several Kenne-bell equipped SUV. lots of fun and power, yet reliable

gimprvr
08-17-2001, 10:33 AM
BMW 540i. It's my daily driver but it's been on the track a few times.
I think Kenne Bell has a place ayt the islander in Havasu, I'll have to talk the guy and see what he sayas about my car and the wifes sub

skijake
08-17-2001, 07:10 PM
gimprvr
yes jim bell has a spot at the islander right by me.
Nice guy. Are you at the Islander???
I'm in spot 138 the one with the Taylor Dunn cart with the grass roof. we do the movies now and then.
Stop by and I can introduce you to Jim. I know he can take care of the suburban but don't think the BMW.
He called alittle while ago to bad I did not see your posting I could have asked

Vortechcharged
08-31-2001, 03:48 PM
GIMPRVR, Your question regarding Vortech service. Vortech my be new to the marine market but I bring 15 plus years of marine supercharger experience to Vortech. I ran the Marine Division at B&M before it was sold to Holley. Vortech has superchargers for the 454/502 mag and Carb systems for big and small block Merc engines. The 310 MPI and HP500 will be done by the end of the year. If you have any questions on Vortech product you can contact me @ 805-247-0226 et. 251. As far as comparing the two superchargers. Whipple makes a great product
and provides excellent customer service. So does Vortech it comes down to a personal choice, value and what would work best for your application. Speaking from either side of the fence both types of superchargers have their respective strong points. Call me and lets talk about it.
Bob Endress