PDA

View Full Version : For Girls Only

MsDrmr
06-04-2004, 01:01 PM
I am 31 and had a hysterectomy at age 28. I always wanted to have two kids and adopt one. I was blessed with a wonderful son at age 21. Had a horrible pregnancy, and even worse labor.
He was well worth it but sometimes I miss terribly the felling of being pregnant and sometimes the reality of never having a baby is painful. Mr has three kids from a previous marriage from age 22-13 and I love them dearly. No more kids for the mr. and truely I am not sure I could really raise a baby now either, but sure miss a baby around and watching them grow.
Any women out there ever experience these feelings too?
:confused:

spectratoad
06-04-2004, 01:22 PM
I know it said girls only but you know the don't touch the hot thing syndrome. You want to touch it to see if it really is hot. Anyway.
My wife never had children and I have two from PM. She expresses the same feeling to me oftenas you are expressing here. I could never understand how she feels as I have my own children. I, even as a guy enjoy babies but I am glad mine are growing (10 & 12) and I don't have more. My wife had the hysterectomy 2 years ago so having our own is out of the question. we are also 37 & 42 (she is the old one:D )
She is the best step-mom I could ever ask for with my boys as it sounds like you are to your husbands kids.
My wife gets her baby fix from whatever friend has one close by or from her 2 yr old niece.
Just enjoy the his hers and ours. You are blessed and it sounds like they are too.:D

MsDrmr
06-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah we have a great relationship, His youngest loves me to death and always climbs into bed with me so that I can rub his back or head. Wed he went to Knotts and purchased a gift for me and always tells his dad to buy me flowers and show he loves me.
My sons father up and left when he was only three, so my mr has become my sons daddy. they both love each other very much.
I am lucky and it sounds like you are too.
Maybe your wife and I are luckier than we know.:)

RVRGIRL
06-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by mrsdrmr
I am 31 and had a hysterectomy at age 28. I always wanted to have two kids and adopt one. I was blessed with a wonderful son at age 21. Had a horrible pregnancy, and even worse labor.
He was well worth it but sometimes I miss terribly the felling of being pregnant and sometimes the reality of never having a baby is painful. Mr has three kids from a previous marriage from age 22-13 and I love them dearly. No more kids for the mr. and truely I am not sure I could really raise a baby now either, but sure miss a baby around and watching them grow.
Any women out there ever experience these feelings too?
:confused:
Well after reading your post. You should be happy that you have been able 2 have one child of your own. I am 34 and had a hysterectomy when I was 28. I HATE the fact that I can not make a baby. I also hate the fact that the guy I am with now, doesn't have any children of his own and really doesn't care if he ever has children. We have talked about adopting. If and when we ever do adopt he wants an older baby around 4-5 years. I deal with this every day. I will ALWAYS have a empty space in my tummy wishing it have a baby inside. BUT this will never be.

Her454
06-05-2004, 08:13 PM
I have been blessed with a girl who is now almost 17. I went through 3 miscarriages and a very dangerous ectopic pregnancy before i was lucky enough to have her. Had 2 more miscarriages after her and then a hysterectomy at 36. I love children and wanted more but i guess everythinh happens for a reason. i think those feelings are normal and maybe part of a female curse..;).
RVGRL- i am truly sorry. maybe one day you will be blessed by adoption or other means. my heart goes out to you.
traci-

HOSS
06-06-2004, 03:58 AM
This is depressing. Why did I look at this? Sorry gals,,,,,,,I`m gonna go hug my wife.