PDA

View Full Version : under the bridge........

Aqua Boogie1
06-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Did anyone hear about the guy who jumped from the rock at Berryessa on the holiday weekend? I was told by a few people that this person jump off the rock thats under bridge and never re-surfaced???? Does anyone know what really happened?????

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Aqua Boogie1
Did anyone hear about the guy who jumped from the rock at Berryessa on the holiday weekend? I was told by a few people that this person jump off the rock thats under bridge and never re-surfaced???? Does anyone know what really happened?????
My friend was there at Putah Creek about 5 years ago when a guy jumped off of the bridge and he saw the sheriff's boat drag the guys body up. Sorta spoiled the day....

Aqua Boogie1
06-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Well I was alittle surprised when I didn't see that the sheriff hadn't close that area. I guess they will wait til he pops up. Beryyessa has a wicked under current.

HCS
06-08-2004, 10:45 AM
How does a lake have an under current?:confused:

Mrs. Restless22
06-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Almost every big weekend we've spent there, someone has either died or been hurt very badly jumping off that rock :(

topless
06-08-2004, 11:14 AM
I jumped off the rock by the Bluewater once and broke my tail bone, cracked my sternum, and was bruised from my ass to the back of my knee. OUCH!!!!!!!! never again for me.:frown:

Aqua Boogie1
06-08-2004, 11:32 AM
They have under currents by all the boats zipping around. It takes awhile for it to settle.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Hey Shawna, did you get my PM?

bilgewiper
06-08-2004, 02:06 PM
I jumped off that rock back about 1978 and it hurt! Went out there during one of the droughts a few years later and thanked my lucky stars to be alive after seeing what was uncoverd when the water level dropped.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by bilgewiper
I jumped off that rock back about 1978 and it hurt! Went out there during one of the droughts a few years later and thanked my lucky stars to be alive after seeing what was uncoverd when the water level dropped.
So what did they recover??

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
That lake is not standing, water is released constantly at Parker Dam.
Well in this case it would be Monticello Dam since it is Lake Berryessa... and their releases are pretty low in summer, only enough for some irrigation downstream...

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 07:42 PM
The bridge by needles, kids jump there all the time, and it is only 12 feet deep. That always scares me. The Topock bridge is deeper, but hard to climb up to...

dicudmore
06-08-2004, 07:44 PM
where in the hell is berryessa ?
excuse my ignorance...

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ShockwaveBob
Sorry, I thought all you guys went to Havasu only. ;)
Well most on here do... that is true. Some of us live up in Gods country where 66% or more of the boating accidents occur...;)

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
excuse my ignorance...
I don't know either..............

Mohavekid
06-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Northern California, near Napa.

Debbolas
06-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Ok, thanks!;)

ratso
06-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by topless
I jumped off the rock by the Bluewater once and broke my tail bone, cracked my sternum, and was bruised from my ass to the back of my knee. OUCH!!!!!!!! never again for me.:frown:
...and how long did that screw up your sex life?:D

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I don't know either..............
http://www.lakeberryessa.com/art/map_local2.gif http://www.lakeberryessa.com/art/map_state1.gif
Here it is.....

gnarley
06-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
excuse my ignorance...
Right in Wine and Spa country. Great wine is grown from the waters of Berryessa.

NorCal Gameshow
06-08-2004, 09:12 PM
little boating,little wine tasting, someone else driving....:D

Dr. Eagle
06-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by gnarley
Right in Wine and Spa country. Great wine is grown from the waters of Berryessa.
Hey how'd you like getting the tongue lashing from the Admiral on the California Delta forum??? Like the old ladies committee over there!!!!!!!

AgentX85239
06-08-2004, 09:16 PM
It's always fun to hit the rope swing with the locals in topock :D
I've seen piss-drunk people jump off the needles bridge in the middle of the night..luckily nothing bad happened.

Cas
06-08-2004, 09:25 PM
to answer the original question, they found the guy on Friday....so I was told when we were at Steele Park.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
06-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Cas
to answer the original question, they found the guy on Friday....so I was told when we were at Steele Park.
Good, at least the family can put him to rest now. Hey by the way Steve, were you able to come up with any more sites for TP4??:D

HCS
06-09-2004, 10:09 AM
We won't have to worry about a body poping up while boating
either.:(

Dr. Eagle
06-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
We won't have to worry about a body poping up while boating
either.:(
I think seeing that could ruin boating for a person for life......:(

Aqua Boogie1
06-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Well........that was my concern. Im glad they found him, now he can be put to rest.:( I didn't want to think Im about to hit a log and it's a body instead............

HCS
06-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I think seeing that could ruin boating for a person for life......:(
I was rafting down the American river years back, when I came
across the DART team pulling a body out of the river. Freaked me
out for along time.:(

gnarley
06-09-2004, 10:51 AM
I have a friend who goes there every week and told me that 3 people died during the Memorial weekend jumping from the rocks! TO prove what??? Willing to die for the thrill of it? Maybe they shouldn't be in the gene pool anyway.
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Hey how'd you like getting the tongue lashing from the Admiral on the California Delta forum??? Like the old ladies committee over there!!!!!!!
He and I go back and forth every once in a while. You can't say or do much on that forum but some of the old time boaters who have been in the Delta for many years share lots of good info as long as they don't cross the lines of the Chamber of Commerce rules, don't say this or that, or mention any names of anyone or anything that could be a reference to another business and your alright! That's why I don't post there much.

Dave C
06-09-2004, 11:03 AM
We heard about that. People were out there still jumping off that rock. It seems kind of dangerous.