PDA

View Full Version : Any Attorneys?

mirvin
06-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Looks like I'm gonna have to sue my transmission shop:( Does anyone know or have an attorney who'd be willing to whip up a nice threatening letter for me?? I'm willing to pay for this service, of course;)
mirvin:cool:

Dribble
06-08-2004, 03:56 PM
If you haven't already done so, then file a complaint with the Bureau of Automotive Repair. Even if they don't get your money back their findings can possibly help you in court. If the amount is under $5,000, forget the attorney and go to small claims court.
Here's a link to file a complaint online.
http://smogcheck.ca.gov/StdHome.asp

eliminatedsprinter
06-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Looks like I'm gonna have to sue my transmission shop:( Does anyone know or have an attorney who'd be willing to whip up a nice threatening letter for me?? I'm willing to pay for this service, of course;)
mirvin:cool:
Oh man, what's wrong are you still having trouble with the tranny on the motorhome.?????:(

mirvin
06-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Thanks Dribble. It's exactly 5k so I'm all set to file the paperwork for small claims court but I want to do the threatening letter thing as a last chance to avoid court.
I'll log onto the bar and file the report right now.
mirvin

mirvin
06-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
Oh man, what's wrong are you still having trouble with the tranny on the motorhome.?????:(
Yessir....
This one only lasted 300 miles. Broke down on the grapevine last Tuesday. It was ugly. I had to rent a motorhome in Bakersfield. Took me 16 hours to get up to San Antonio that day.
I told the shop to give me my money back and pay for the rental and I'd take my business elswhere but they said no.
mirvin